• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Yeah, those characters are all pretty easy for execution and stuff. Don't worry too much about difficulty, bro. You'll get good enough to not care eventually.

I also recommend picking up Ryu. I recommend everyone pick up Ryu at some point just because he teaches basics and fundamentals so well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Once you get to the higher levels, El Fuerte can be a nightmare in the execution department. Once you get past RSF, there's also run stop pressure and run stop medium kick. I'm not there yet partly due to a lack of patience and time but also due to a lack of a good monitor. Still, he's very much a mental character. Mixups are very important.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, but he can be played relitively effectively after a short period of practice. All you gotta know is his mix ups. All the run stop **** is hard of course. Thats why guy is such a ***** to play as.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Guys, I think I'm getting a PS3 for christmas
If you don't mind the Dpad (or don't play with the Dpad) and don't mind the online fee (which PS3 may have soon anyways), I'd think about getting a 360 instead.

More players and more pros on 360. So I hear anyways.

Yeah, but he can be played relitively effectively after a short period of practice. All you gotta know is his mix ups. All the run stop **** is hard of course. Thats why guy is such a ***** to play as.
I've never played as Fuerte before...does his run stop stuffs comparable in difficulty to Guy's?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If I had the money, I would've had SSFIV for the 360. Mainly because most 360 owners have a wired connection for online.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
If you don't mind the Dpad (or don't play with the Dpad) and don't mind the online fee (which PS3 may have soon anyways), I'd think about getting a 360 instead.
I'm actually getting a PS3 because I don't like the 360 pad and I don't want to pay an online fee. I really hope they never drop the free service. That and several PS3 exclusives like 3D Dot Game Heroes. Demon's Souls and Spelunker HD.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I'm actually getting a PS3 because I don't like the 360 pad and I don't want to pay an online fee. I really hope they never drop the free service. That and several PS3 exclusives like 3D Dot Game Heroes. Demon's Souls and Spelunker HD.
I don't mean to sound bias or anything, but i've heard that psn is garbage compared to xbl. Although you have to pay for xbl, it is pretty nice. But it's up to you maang, enjoy your console :D

note: today akuma's changes will be blogged :3 I'm going crazy.

Along with dhalsim, dictator, t hawk, and adon

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dhalsim's changes were already talked about on the blog.

Nevermind, that was Famitsu, not the blog.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
■ Dhalsim

Hisashi Tooru; technology;
Less time for faster generation of stiffness after the lever while crouching punch.
In the crouching crouching punch in punch → → Yogafureimu EX such that
Making it possible combo.

[Digimon]
EX combo can now even faster in the occurrence of attacks Yogafureimu.
Built for easier combo for 70 damage 50 adjusted allocation.

- - Super Combo
Adjusted downward to 300 Yogainferuno damage.

Other:
After adjustment for the mighty step back so as to determine the air immediately.

[OVERALL]
It has been found that a review of the overall amount of damage,
The downward adjustment comes in everywhere,
The rest of the adjustment comes in for a fight Dhalsim becomes easier.
The characters are divided by a larger partner likes and dislikes,
Has relatively high potential.
I can't believe they nerfed Digimon.

But seriously...

So apparently there's a combo from a crouching punch into Yoga Flame, so that's good. It'll help his blockstrings. It also seems like

The Super damage nerf I can deal with but the overall damage nerf has me worried. I'll need to see just how much it's nerfed before I can feel safe.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
wonder what the motion on Bisons U2 is gonna be. Im thinking it might become useless now.
Why would it be useless though? rog/chun have to keep their charge to ultra through fbs. Not to mention bison's distance is real good, better then rogs and if it hits.. it hits. With rog at a certain distance the last hit could whiff, which is a big chunk of damage.

TBH he didn't need the ultra change + the other ******** changes. They shouldn't have nerfed his s.rh or the scissor, but we'll see what happens I guess B(

Thanks God, but if were the motion for Balrog's Ultra with 3 punches, I'd be cool with that.
balrog and bisons u1 are the same motion

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah seriously, **** guile and honda. I don't think they were specific when they were listing honda's changes, so who knows how much his damage is being nerfed. That man leaves too many bruises.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Yes, I love how almost all the charge turtle characters who dominate the tier list are being nerfed. God this game gets so lame sometimes with them.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guile and sometimes Balrog are the only defensive charge characters that are also top tier. All the rest can be played defensively, but they're not inherently defensive characters. Honda is all about hand slap pressure and getting big damage. Bison is about frame traps and corner ****. Chun is about hit confirms into Ultra. Blanka, Vega, and Dee Jay aren't top tier.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So basically if I play a top tier I'm a horrible person?

I guess I better stop volunteering at that orphanage then.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I just play a character who fits my playstyle.

It's not my fault that playstyle involves blocking a lot.

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's not my fault that my playstyle involves not getting into situations I don't want to get in.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yeah definitely.. nothing wrong with defensive play. TBH every character has to be defensive one way or another. Like krew said... why put yourself into a ****ty situation when you can just avoid it

gates, don't you play rufus and dhalsim?

Top Bottom