• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Just got this game yesterday and I love it.

VM/PM me if you want to play. I play on the PSN.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
STICK!! STICK!! I am addicted to my stick!! that came out weird, but still. Stick is how that game is programmed into my brain. I am totally lost on DPad. It's like learning spanish before going to brazil, only to find out everyone actually speaks portugese.
may i sig you? Because i bursted out freaking laughing

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I just hope there are no good Vega players at the tourny over here. He seems to be the biggest anti Gief ever.
Supposedly his worst match is actually Blanka, which after playing for a while, seems about right. It's very annoying. Vega is really just more about learning the character. He really caught me off guard the first few times I fought him, but once I learned him a little better it wasn't so bad.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Well, I just bought it, and, for the first time since Metal Gear Solid, I wished I had a Playstation 3. Honestly, the XBox controller is horrible for fighting games, mostly since the D-Pad really just one big button, which, in fighting games, basically defeats the purpose of having a D-Pad in the first place. It's really just choosing between two evils and spending a whole day learning how to actually play the game with either the D-Pad or Joystick, which I haven't used in years in fighting games. Maybe it's just more me being used to using the Playstation 2, but it's really screwing up my game.

If I wasn't in college, on a budget, and hadn't sworn away buying anything game related for the next few months, I'd go against my basic instinct, give up on the D-Pad, and buy a specialty controller (maybe there's an XBox version of the Classic Controller).

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well, I just bought it, and, for the first time since Metal Gear Solid, I wished I had a Playstation 3. Honestly, the XBox controller is horrible for fighting games, mostly since the D-Pad really just one big button, which, in fighting games, basically defeats the purpose of having a D-Pad in the first place. It's really just choosing between two evils and spending a whole day learning how to actually play the game with either the D-Pad or Joystick, which I haven't used in years in fighting games. Maybe it's just more me being used to using the Playstation 2, but it's really screwing up my game.

If I wasn't in college, on a budget, and hadn't sworn away buying anything game related for the next few months, I'd go against my basic instinct, give up on the D-Pad, and buy a specialty controller (maybe there's an XBox version of the Classic Controller).
They make Fight Pads for SF4. The Dpad is 1 button iirc but it's a hell of a lot better than that ****ty 360 one.

The 360 controller joystick isn't THAT bad. I can do fireballs and dragon punches and charge moves on it no problem. It makes Gief's 360s a wholeeeeeeeeee lot easier to do too.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
They make Fight Pads for SF4. The Dpad is 1 button iirc but it's a hell of a lot better than that ****ty 360 one.

The 360 controller joystick isn't THAT bad. I can do fireballs and dragon punches and charge moves on it no problem. It makes Gief's 360s a wholeeeeeeeeee lot easier to do too.
After a while I'm more or less able to to do Hadokens and Shoryukens most of when I want to (but that's really only because I've discovered that I have to hold the controller a special way and hit the very tips of the D-Pad, which takes some work to do consistently), but I'm really only consistently good with charge attacks, since they don't rely on rolling the button as much, and there's less chance of getting an odd input.

The real problem is that the controller makes doing special moves in a clutch position a test of patience, and makes Supers (let alone Ultras; I basically have to switch hands mid battle to pull those off) very hard to do unless you either work at it for a while or stop everything else and focus on doing the super.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Anyone want a few games on the PS3 PM me your PSN and shiz

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like you guys are way, way, WAY out of my league, but I'd love to get some fights in all the same. I'm trying to main Sagat right now, though I'm finding that I tend to do a little better with Ryu. So, yeah, I can't promise that I'll provide the greatest challenge, but I'd greatly appreciate the chance to play with some more experienced players. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Please tell me there is a way to get the Japanese version of the home game's theme song (The Next Door, by Exile, IIRC). I can find the US version on iTunes, but the Japanese vocals are WAY better... All I can find online are crappy Youtube recordings.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
The more I play this game, the less I like it.
Not that it's bad, just...

Also, putting Voice setting on JPN changes the menu song to Japanese too.

Grunt

Smash Master
The only thing I've ever hated about street fighter was how dominating fireballs are. Like in super turbo if you were bad against fireballs, you were mid-bottom tier. For this reason, I liked 3rd strike a lot, but could easily see it's brokenness, and hate it at the same time. I hoped for HDR to fix the dominating fireball problem, but the only difference really was Honda, which turned out to be quite a strong change for the worse. Then after watching SF4 videos and trying to figure out how focus attacking works, i thought there would be a decent way to get around fireball spam without removing a key element from the game completely. It seems they have gotten it right, but I still play like ST, and haven't utilized focus attack yet, but I'm trying.
So for me, I guess my view of SF4 has gotten better, but still, Melee tops all. But, the community sucks now. D:

Mith_

Smash Champion
The only thing I've ever hated about street fighter was how dominating fireballs are. Like in super turbo if you were bad against fireballs, you were mid-bottom tier. For this reason, I liked 3rd strike a lot, but could easily see it's brokenness, and hate it at the same time. I hoped for HDR to fix the dominating fireball problem, but the only difference really was Honda, which turned out to be quite a strong change for the worse. Then after watching SF4 videos and trying to figure out how focus attacking works, i thought there would be a decent way to get around fireball spam without removing a key element from the game completely. It seems they have gotten it right, but I still play like ST, and haven't utilized focus attack yet, but I'm trying.
So for me, I guess my view of SF4 has gotten better, but still, Melee tops all. But, the community sucks now. D:
Focus attack was a great concept and I love that they added it. I use FA all the time I just always forget to tech my fall >.>

Grunt

Smash Master
i don't even know how to tech. I sort of hit all the buttons and push the stick up and that works for some reason.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Kara canceling and Dash canceling a shoruken is harder than wavedashing -_-

What's your opinion on Cammy, seems to me she got a major buff

smashbot226

Smash Master
She's playable? I didn't notice that.

Too busy noting her b-

I mean, counting how many frames her idle pose is. Yes. That.

On another note, I'm maining Gief for life now. I don't care what anyone says, when somebody grabs you, jumps into the air, and swiftly ***** you before plunging back into the earth, your head first, he is God Tier material.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Just got all the characters today, I was so disappointed when I brought Seth online. I knew he took more damage than even Akuma but this was ridiculous! 3 trades and I was down to 40%. Bad damage output as well, honestly I think he's low tier.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
She's playable? I didn't notice that.

Too busy noting her b-

I mean, counting how many frames her idle pose is. Yes. That.

On another note, I'm maining Gief for life now. I don't care what anyone says, when somebody grabs you, jumps into the air, and swiftly ***** you before plunging back into the earth, your head first, he is God Tier material.
lol hes high tier

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I just got this game and boy is it fun! I have to say Ken is my best character, closely followed by Dan. Dan is mid-low tier....

smashbot226

Smash Master
right under sagat...so...
Sagat has is own Tier that's better than everyone else's.

He's been Top Tier in too many Street Fighter games. Except SVC Chaos.

He's like Capcom's answer to Geese.

Furthermore, Dan is too good to be true. I don't know whether to hate him or love him.

I loved him because he was DAN. Need I say more?

But now I hate him because now he's USABLE. What happened to good ol' Bottom Tier Dan?!?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Yep I cant win very much with Dan =/
Super taunt is amazing though lol
I have the opposite effect. I just can't lose with him. I think it's the triple kick, it's still one of the most useful attacks in the game, if you can pull it off.

Anyway, how do you exactly unlock Akuma (I already know how to unlock Gouken). Is it two perfects and two ultras, two perfect and no ultras, or something else entirely? There are so many completely different explanations (GameFAQs, for instance, is completely wrong).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Kara canceling and Dash canceling a shoruken is harder than wavedashing -_-
I found FADCing a shoryuken to an Ultra quite easy with a joystick. I pulled it off on another player (locally). He was all "There's no way that's going to connect". Good thing I learned a lot of Ryu from Daigo matches on Youtube.:laugh:
Honestly, she still sucks. Everything she has is inferior to what other characters have.
Canon Spike is okay.
Hooligan Throw... Let's say that that there are better options. I suppose you can evade projectiles, but characters can still FADC and punish you.
Her dive kick has lag. It's not a good approach at all IMO.
Drill Kick is like Super Turbo. If it doesn't hit, you get punished from the lag.

My C. Viper's getting deadlier by the day now. Joysticks really helped my Ryu and FADCing as well.

EDIT: CodeBlack, I went off of GameFAQs and it worked. 2 Perfects and 2 Ultras did the trick.

Top Bottom