• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Final round entree count for the game was 200+, thats insane in itself. the count for Evo will probably be insane. Capcom made a good move reviving Street fighter, the scene is bigger than ever right now.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
So, I was about to drop this game cause Cammy was losing her appeal. I love her and she's fun to play but I just wasn't having much success. Then I discovered how much I love Balrog, and I am completely back into the game now. I love him so much.

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
i very much prefer the balrog (boxer) in sf2 tho, he was way darker, looked a hell of a lot meaner, and when he screams while he does those insane punches... i just... cringe in fear... :(

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
blah blah blah

anyone on XBL record matches?????
I always have recording stuff set up on my tv for Brawl purposes. I haven't used it for SF4 yet, but I might start since I am starting to get a bit more serious about it. I just wish I could find some offline competition. There aren't any arcades anywhere remotely close to me with the game.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
I always have recording stuff set up on my tv for Brawl purposes. I haven't used it for SF4 yet, but I might start since I am starting to get a bit more serious about it. I just wish I could find some offline competition. There aren't any arcades anywhere remotely close to me with the game.
lets record sum matches :)

and u live in VA im positive there's some good competition

go to forums.shoryuken.com and check out the regional section at the bottom

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wha? Gen isn't even in third strike! :O
Are you joking? Or did you just misread what he posted? (It's just that sarcasm is very hard to read on the internet)

On topic: I wanted to get some good Zangief practice since I need to learn that matchup. When I finally meet one on a Ranked Match, it ends up being a laggy connection.

Lag tactics combined with 360 or 720 motions is not fun to deal with. Short story, I got SPD'ed and Lariat'ed a ton because of lag. It was probably because of my crappy router. I need to find a way to fix that.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Are you joking? Or did you just misread what he posted? (It's just that sarcasm is very hard to read on the internet)

On topic: I wanted to get some good Zangief practice since I need to learn that matchup. When I finally meet one on a Ranked Match, it ends up being a laggy connection.

Lag tactics combined with 360 or 720 motions is not fun to deal with. Short story, I got SPD'ed and Lariat'ed a ton because of lag. It was probably because of my crappy router. I need to find a way to fix that.
who do you use? a good way to fight geif is to play safe. get withing sweeping distance, and use neutral jumps, like do 2 in a row, after the first one, most geifs will try and grab or do lariat, if you time the heavy kick right on your second jump, you will either trade or hit them, then follow up with a combo. whenever you do anything to hit geif, if it doesnt knock him down immediately back dash. DO NOT try and pressure geif or use block strings.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
who do you use? a good way to fight geif is to play safe. get withing sweeping distance, and use neutral jumps, like do 2 in a row, after the first one, most geifs will try and grab or do lariat, if you time the heavy kick right on your second jump, you will either trade or hit them, then follow up with a combo. whenever you do anything to hit geif, if it doesnt knock him down immediately back dash. DO NOT try and pressure geif or use block strings.
I use C Viper.

I was just trying to get used to the matchup. There's these two guys in my area that use Zangief that are really good.
But yeah, with Viper, I just need to make sure I don't do anything stupid like eating an SPD.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I use C Viper.

I was just trying to get used to the matchup. There's these two guys in my area that use Zangief that are really good.
But yeah, with Viper, I just need to make sure I don't do anything stupid like eating an SPD.
oh, yea its a tough match. i use viper too. any time you use TK, back dash immediately. and the advice i gave above holds true for viper as well.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
oh, yea its a tough match. i use viper too. any time you use TK, back dash immediately. and the advice i gave above holds true for viper as well.
Yeah, spacing against Zangief with Viper's really tough. I'm usually forced into a corner and keeping distance because of his green fist move or SPDs. The EX version does so much damage.

My Sagat matchups have been pretty good. I find this to be my most fun matchup out of the hard ones. It's all about mind gaming the opponent. I haven't fought an extremely good Sagat yet, so that'll be fun when that happens.

Mith_

Smash Champion
i very much prefer the balrog (boxer) in sf2 tho, he was way darker, looked a hell of a lot meaner, and when he screams while he does those insane punches... i just... cringe in fear... :(
I agree. It seems like they got a white person to do his voice no offense. At least in SF2 he didn't talk so it didn't matter who did it lol. I was actually scared of boxer in SF2. If you heard "RAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" you were about to get your *** beat. Now he sounds corny and lame =/ They should make DLC for Boxer's (and Claw's, I hate his yodel sound now) SF2 voice lol.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
You want to keep Gief out, you never, ever want Gief up and close to you, because this is where he will dominate and start to control with his gameplan. When I play Ryu, I will always try to keep Gief away from getting in close enough to SPD, and one of the best pokes to throw out at Gief is Ryu's S.fk, since it's far, has good speed, range and can stuff out alot of Gief's advances.

Btw, I started to mess around with Viper more, and I've been getting, really, really solid with her as of late. I was putting the stomp on alot of my homies, pissing them off, rofl. I guess she's a character I can use to mess around with when I'm tired of using Ryu, or else frustrated at trying to make Claw be effective. Chun at least is strong and still allows me to really work much more so then in Ryu's case to win match ups.

On another note, Wats pmed me not too long ago, telling me that he's trying to get Tomo The Legend Ohira...yes, the Greatest Street Fighter Player Of All Time! To come to Evolution 2009, now, remember, I'm retired...however if Tomo does in fact show up, I seriously may bid going to Evo simply to just see the guy and ask him some questions...more importantly, steal all of his Ryu secrets.

So if anyone wants to meet the Greatest SF Legend of all time, Evo2k9 "may" be the place...and who know's, maybe even Jeff might show up...yes, the same Jeff who's CE. Guile put a crotch hurt on Daigo's ST. Rog and CE. Sagat back in AE 04...if some of you peeps, don't know, shame on you, however Jeff was the #2 best overall SFII player back in the Golden Era...he was a far, far, far #2 from the Legend Tomo.

I'm still to this day amazed at the Tomo's ability to Shoryuken Chunli's c.fk on reaction, considering no other Top SF player ever has been able to do this besides him...LMAO...if you could do that, the Ryu vs Chunli match up would be a 9-1 in Ryu's favor, rofl, simply Legendary.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
SO yeah, Im trying to get good with Balrog. >_>....<_< Any advice for my gameplan? With no projectile Balrog has to get in close. This is bad when facing the 'Gief. Im always facing Gief nowadays. As you can see I have a problem.

smashbot226

Smash Master
SO yeah, Im trying to get good with Balrog. >_>....<_< Any advice for my gameplan? With no projectile Balrog has to get in close. This is bad when facing the 'Gief. Im always facing Gief nowadays. As you can see I have a problem.
Use Turn Punch. Goes through projectiles. Also, make sure you use your mix-ups a lot when facing Gief. I find they enjoy jumping in on non-projectile characters too, so use Head Butt either when he's close, or if you think he's about to jump. Use plenty of Dash Straights and Dash Straight Lows.

Gief's whole plan revolves pretty much around landing SPD, so as long as you keep moving and attacking, Gief won't be able to perform SPD- or ANY command grab for that matter.

Only thing to watch out for is his SPD priority- it beats out a LOT of moves.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
On another note, Wats pmed me not too long ago, telling me that he's trying to get Tomo The Legend Ohira...yes, the Greatest Street Fighter Player Of All Time! To come to Evolution 2009, now, remember, I'm retired...however if Tomo does in fact show up, I seriously may bid going to Evo simply to just see the guy and ask him some questions...more importantly, steal all of his Ryu secrets.

So if anyone wants to meet the Greatest SF Legend of all time, Evo2k9 "may" be the place...and who know's, maybe even Jeff might show up...yes, the same Jeff who's CE. Guile put a crotch hurt on Daigo's ST. Rog and CE. Sagat back in AE 04...if some of you peeps, don't know, shame on you, however Jeff was the #2 best overall SFII player back in the Golden Era...he was a far, far, far #2 from the Legend Tomo.

I'm still to this day amazed at the Tomo's ability to Shoryuken Chunli's c.fk on reaction, considering no other Top SF player ever has been able to do this besides him...LMAO...if you could do that, the Ryu vs Chunli match up would be a 9-1 in Ryu's favor, rofl, simply Legendary.
Tomo's awesome.
I will never ever reach half that level of greatness.

Also, I might be able to go to EVO this year...
I'm not sure yet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Does anyone have any advice on fighting Fei Long. Whenever I fight him in arcade or VS mode, I never have a chance to hit him. He keeps hitting me until I'm in a corner and unless I'm El Fuerte, that's hard to get out of.

Top Bottom