• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Man I feel so helpless against Blanka. He has so many mixup options its not even funny.
odd, most dictators dont seem to have much trouble with blanka. c.mk shuts most blankas down in close range. scissor kicks are good and dont jump in on him.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Bison vs Blanka is a really hit-or-miss matchup IMO, and I play the matchup often from both sides. Either Bison destroys Blanka, or Blanka destroys Bison. No middle ground...pretty much once one of them have the lead they're likely gonna win it, hard to get momentum in this matchup.

Mith_

Smash Champion
^that's sorta what i meant haha.
I just need to find out how to gain the lead.
After I get another joystick because madcatz low tier products just took a huge **** on me.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
ive always hated madcatz, after a n64 controller i had back in the day broke on me, i have stayed away from madcatz, and i think i made a wise choice.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
What does a boy's mother say when he leaves for school?

"...Bison!"

(this joke is actually really stupid enough to make me laugh hard)

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Notice how little damage those huge (and very impressive) combos did, all thanks to Street Fighter IV's ******** damage scaling.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Does show why Gen is in the lower tiers, even though I personally think he's a solid mid, you put so much work in for little reward. He's better than Fei Long though, the MOST overrated character in this game, I tried messing around with him and felt that his flame kick is a horrible anti air, his juggle has very few consistant ways into it, flame kick - FADC - Ultra doesnt juggle properly and does poor damage. That command grab they gave him sucks badly, bad range and some shortcut makes it come out more often than flame kicks. I honestly think he's the worst character in the game, if not, bottom 3.

I think Sakura is really underrated. Her links from her lk tatsu leads to huge damage and her mixups after an EX tatsu are really good. She deals out huge amounts of stun as well. She does need a buff in either health or Ultra damage though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
(Sigh) So I finally got around to buying SF IV again, but this time for the PS3.
The game kept freezing several times now. I thought it was something wrong with my online connection, but it also happened in arcade mode.

I guess I'm going to have to return it...
Unlocking everything again's such a pain.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Does show why Gen is in the lower tiers, even though I personally think he's a solid mid, you put so much work in for little reward. He's better than Fei Long though, the MOST overrated character in this game, I tried messing around with him and felt that his flame kick is a horrible anti air, his juggle has very few consistant ways into it, flame kick - FADC - Ultra doesnt juggle properly and does poor damage. That command grab they gave him sucks badly, bad range and some shortcut makes it come out more often than flame kicks. I honestly think he's the worst character in the game, if not, bottom 3.

I think Sakura is really underrated. Her links from her lk tatsu leads to huge damage and her mixups after an EX tatsu are really good. She deals out huge amounts of stun as well. She does need a buff in either health or Ultra damage though.
Overrated how? Everybody thinks Fei is ****.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Does anyone else main Gouken? I need some tips for him and the SRK forums arent helping me out much.
I'm not going to lie, but I usually stay away from the console only characters.
It just sucks if I ever go to an arcade and find my main not being usable.

But I have used Gouken quite a bit for fun. His backthrow has some pretty neat setups.
If you're looking for combos, try doing his trials. They'll give you a good idea on what you can do.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Gouken is a beast. He doesn't have a dragon punch but he has several other tools. His fireball is just.....lets just say if he was in SF2 it would not end well.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Kevin we need to play again soon.

You can record **** and then I can analyze how scrubby I am. lol.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Does anyone else main Gouken? I need some tips for him and the SRK forums arent helping me out much.
I kind of am but I don't think I'd be able to teach you much as I'm a scrub myself =p. I just zone with fireballs and perform those cookie cutter challenge mode combos (i.e. EX palm, dash, tatsu Or FADC Ultra and whatnot...). I really need to work on my close range game as that is an area where Gouken really lacks...

Watching vids can help~ i.e. http://blog-imgs-27.fc2.com/t/o/k/tokkablog/play.html?id=sm7088834
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfShqNZHBxg

I'm not going to lie, but I usually stay away from the console only characters.
It just sucks if I ever go to an arcade and find my main not being usable.

But I have used Gouken quite a bit for fun. His backthrow has some pretty neat setups.
If you're looking for combos, try doing his trials. They'll give you a good idea on what you can do.
Yeah, I found Gouken to be much more fit to my playstyle than anybody else but the fact that I would not be able to play the locals (aka the OGs) regularly, as they spend most of their days at the arcades, turned me off. Gouken is really fun as long as you keep guessing right and have good control of the flow of the match. Otherwise, his flaws start to become really apparent... He has no good normal links, as shown by his frame data, he lacks range on most of his normals, weak footsies, he has no good options under pressure. Basically, he's much more reliant on his specials to get in and deal any sort of damage... Also, apparently, the window to tech Gouken's back throw is much bigger than his forward throw~

But really, you can list bad traits for pretty much any character so as long as you acknowledge his flaws around that, he's a fine character.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
To those who were saying gief isnt easy, your wrong. He's very easy to play, unless your talking about a tournament level gief, in which case im not so sure.

Unless your playing somebody with perfect combos you can mash out a command grab so easy. Its just like foxes who mess up a drillshine combo against a peach in melee only to get downsmashed.

Mith_

Smash Champion
wat

emblem lord said a few pages down that gief is the worst of the high tiers.

he murders any non high tier character tho.

but those mid and below characters you won't see at tournaments, so gief wont be pullin out many wins.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
^ Ironic, no? His post is much more relevant to the subject than yours are =/

and you can't compare this game to smash...

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Kevin we need to play again soon.

You can record **** and then I can analyze how scrubby I am. lol.
yes, i will probably still loose the same, no one actually plays sagat well that i have run into. all i face on my friends list is high level boxers and abels, its getting annoying.

im going to also have to break out my ken, since he has 0 sagat experience, i have no clue what to do against sagat with ken.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
^ Ironic, no? His post is much more relevant to the subject than yours are =/

and you can't compare this game to smash...
:/ I know this is gonna start a pointless debate but um, he was responding to me, so it should be relevant to the statements I made about earlier statements

And I dont see why I cant compare one aspect of a game to another with a similar aspect.

Mith_

Smash Champion
it was sorta relevant, i was talkin about tournament level gief.

and that bein able to mash out 360s/srks/ultras during hitstun is gay and goes to show how they reduced the hitstun in this game. (lol bawrl) i guess its capcoms way of saying dont **** up your links or pay.

gief is gay imo

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well if you hate it then selling it is probably the best course of action.

Sold my Wii and Brawl and I couldn't be happier.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Sold my Wii and Brawl and I couldn't be happier.
I did the same! Couple months ago...oddly enough one of my motivations was that SF4 wouldn't be on the Wii. :laugh: Perhaps I just can't be satisfied? No, I still play Melee. I still play Third Strike. idk what it is about SF4 but I just can't stand it. Doesn't really feel like SF to me. I'm gonna pick up some other current-gen fighter though.

Top Bottom