• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
a bunch of people

alex, akuma, ryu, ken, makoto. although I suck with makoto/alex since I can't do hcf motions on a keyboard to save my life.
Cool cool.

I pretty much only use Dudley. I can use Alex but Dudley is the only character I know how to use.

kr3wman

Smash Master
im leaving for a smash weekly in 20 minutes so I kinda wanted to play someone till then.

It'll have to wait for later I guess.

lulz false hopes/destroyin dreams

Gates

Banned via Warnings
A17, I'm not really sure what you're saying.

If you're asking which to get, I'd say go with SFIV for $20 since we no longer know when SSFIV is coming out. Or you could rent it until SSFIV comes out.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
alex, ..., ken. although I suck with makoto/alex since I can't do hcf motions on a keyboard to save my life.
Hell yes.

For my 3s Ken was my main until I started to learn Alex. Now My main is Alex with Ken, Urien, and Yun as my other interests, but mostly Alex and Ken.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I'm pretty lols bad at 3s.

I mained hugo and played ken when people talked trash. My hugo was hilarious though. Dash dancing (yes), stupid AA setups, and UOH combos all day.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
2DF? Who wants in for 3s.

Your gonna have to host.

Also, Dudley all the way.
I'm more of a ggpo guy myself. I was never able to get 2df to work that well, and when I did get it up and running it was a bit laggy. Might try setting it up again to play some 3S with you guys though

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
I'm more of a ggpo guy myself. I was never able to get 2df to work that well, and when I did get it up and running it was a bit laggy. Might try setting it up again to play some 3S with you guys though
Vice versa for me, cant get GGPO to work for some reason.

But yeah if anyone wants to play me on 2DF feel free to PM me.

I play Third Strike, Super Turbo and Alpha 2.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Another one? I heard about the Vegas one at CES but not anything in Cali.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Anyone hoping we'll have the last four (or possibly more) characters revealed before or at the fight club on Thursday?

Wait a second..... That's the day before the Nakky Blog is updated. Maybe we'll have our characters revealed this week.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=230669

"Look to the Ultra meter and you'll see a 'I' or a 'II' - each representing a different Ultra. Like SFIII you'll pick between two combos before you enter the fight - Guile's Flash Explosion or Sonic Hurricane, for instance - and enter the fight with different tactics based around your choice."

FUUUUU--

Edit: Just realized that this was part of the original rumor list, as well. Anyone still doubt the list?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
"Look to the Ultra meter and you'll see a 'I' or a 'II' - each representing a different Ultra. Like SFIII you'll pick between two combos before you enter the fight - Guile's Flash Explosion or Sonic Hurricane, for instance - and enter the fight with different tactics based around your choice.
Now if only Guile could somehow do this in SSF4

It'd be on like DONKEY KONG!

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Say, can anyone help me a problem I've had w/ SF4 since essentially the moment I got it? The DLC never sticks - it always lasts until I turn off the console, then, when I play SF4 again, it says that the DLC is corrupted, forcing me to redownload it (but, thankfully, not re-pay for it), and having to do that every time I turn on my X-Box is starting to get annoying.

This doesn't happen for any of my other games (though I once screwed up a download for Gears of War, disabling me from redownloading it on that specific console), which is nice, given that, if I had to do this for Arkham Asylum I'd be pissed like nobody's bizness.

Any insight?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Say, can anyone help me a problem I've had w/ SF4 since essentially the moment I got it? The DLC never sticks - it always lasts until I turn off the console, then, when I play SF4 again, it says that the DLC is corrupted, forcing me to redownload it (but, thankfully, not re-pay for it), and having to do that every time I turn on my X-Box is starting to get annoying.

This doesn't happen for any of my other games (though I once screwed up a download for Gears of War, disabling me from redownloading it on that specific console), which is nice, given that, if I had to do this for Arkham Asylum I'd be pissed like nobody's bizness.

Any insight?
Whenever I was connected to Xbox Live, this problem never occurred. I also never had to re-download it after connecting to Xbox Live and restarting my console if I ever received this error.

Hope that helps.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just noticed that Fuerte has an Aztec alt. I'm sold. Big time. I will pick this costume only solely out of Mexican pride.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I just noticed that Fuerte has an Aztec alt. I'm sold. Big time. I will pick this costume only solely out of Mexican pride.
If only we Spaniards had enough incentive to do the same for Vega :p

Speaking of which, anybody else prefer the name Vega over Balrog? I mean, Vega is a Spanish name. I do prefer M. Bison for Boxer, tho. Maybe they should just make Dictator Balrog, he is a monster after all, lol.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Isn't Vega Latin?

Personally, though, I think both Vega and Balrog fit perfectly for... er... Claw (I personally just use Vega), but M. Bison for... er... Dictator seems off slightly.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well the term Latin is used vaguely these days. Latin can apply to anyone who's French, Spanish, or Italian. However Latino/a is applied to people from Latin America. So, Fuerte and Vega aren't placed under the same group typically. However, the a lot of Hispanics/Latinos do have Spanish blood in them, but with indigenous blood typically as well.

Anyway, Vega's called Balrog apparently due to some myth about a monster named Balrog who was so ugly that he covered his face with a mask. So the name makes sense to a degree for Vega. Personally, I prefer the US names for them. Balrog-Boxer is ugly as sin; Vega is a Spanish name; and M. Bison..... Well, he does ram through you like a bison with his Psycho Crusher.

EDIT: Another trailer has popped up showing some new alts. and stuff. Don't get to see El Azteca Fuerte though.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-features-super-street/60457

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Vega is from Spain.

Ryu's new super is supposedly called the Metsu Shoryuken. I would've rather seen the Shinku/Metsu Tatsumaki instead though. I guess Ken has some sort of Shinku Tatsumaki but it's Ken so it's really not the same.

Viper's Ultra is supposedly an air Ultra.

Cammy's Ultra is supposedly a counter.

Sagat has Tiger Cannon as an Ultra.

There's also this image of the character select screen.
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/01/05_famscan02.jpg
It has the blank spaces where the 3S characters were supposed to be filled in, but it's too blurry to see who.

Dhalsim's new Ultra looks like his throw super from MvC2.

Fei Long does the 1 inch punch...too good.

Robot Zangief is awesome but I wish they had Black Zangief.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That roster only has 32 spots on it. Capcom was careful not to put them in there. We might see them tomorrow or Friday.

Fei-Long: You're already dead.

Top Bottom