• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
It would be cool someday if we could have a Russian voicing Zangief, and Indian voicing Dhalsim, etc.
I agree. On some characters it's pretty much a choice between a bad accent being done by either an English speaker or a Japanese speaker, but still a bad accent (hilariously bad or not).

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Zangief's eng and dhalism's jpn are alright, some others are just terrible and waay waay off.

Fuerte, fei long, akuma, have terrible terrible eng voices... Fei's being the most inaccurate too lol.

missed me! I LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously who says I LOST for a knockout...

kr3wman

Smash Master
wtf better than Tomo Ohira's tips on SF2 HF?

what are you smoking!

He's probably doing all the combos and voiceovers at the same time!

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Zangief's eng and dhalism's jpn are alright, some others are just terrible and waay waay off.

Fuerte, fei long, akuma, have terrible terrible eng voices... Fei's being the most inaccurate too lol.

missed me! I LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously who says I LOST for a knockout...
Fei-Long in Japanese?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I rather hear him go MOODEEAKATAHAGGGR when KO'd than I LOSTTTTTT. It sounds more like a scream of pain tbh, no offence to any jpn people I don't understand jpn so it's gibberish to me.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I rather hear him go MOODEEAKATAHAGGGR when KO'd than I LOSTTTTTT. It sounds more like a scream of pain tbh, no offence to any jpn people I don't understand jpn so it's gibberish to me.
He still stays "I've lost!" (or It's my defeat!) in Japanese regardless though.
It's just in Japanese, you won't be able to understand the corny script then. :laugh:

Edit: I guess "It's my defeat" is how it really translates though.

And I like the new videos from ruliweb that were posted on Eventhubs and SRK.
After looking at those matches, I really want to play SSFIV. Game looks much faster which is nice.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
He still stays "I've lost!" (or It's my defeat!) in Japanese regardless though.
It's just in Japanese, you won't be able to understand the corny script then. :laugh:
That's the reason I switched Akuma to Japanese :laugh:. I'm sure he's just as ridiculously hammy in Japanese, but at least I can't understand just how corny what he's saying is, so I can play without groaning or facepalming (or laughing).

Still have to sit through "THE POWER OF NOTHINGNESS" in Arcade, though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll probably have Akuma in Japanese for SSFIV, but every time he does his ROFLcopter ultra, I'm going to act like the Tazmanian Devil when it closes up on him.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
That's the reason I switched Akuma to Japanese :laugh:. I'm sure he's just as ridiculously hammy in Japanese, but at least I can't understand just how corny what he's saying is, so I can play without groaning or facepalming (or laughing).
Same idea applies to me as well.

I'm going to act like the Tazmanian Devil when it closes up on him.
NNNNNNNNNnnnnnniiiiiiirrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeennnnnnnnn
goo gahh *slobber* dkmtewyrgbwejkvbv* slobber... gegbsdarb.

NNNNNNNNiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

- What's up Doc?

- Rabbit Stew, that's what!

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
his AA ultra is probably going to make him at least B-tier material I have no idea about his ground game.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I wanted to main Vega out of ethnic pride but it's not worth it, he's too much work and still not that good in SF IV.

at least I still have Super Street Fighter II Turbo and Capcom vs SNK 2.
Well be glad then, because reportably, Vega has da best AA ever now, where if you jump at all you are dead, this being the revived Ultra 1. He also has an overhead, and the claw stays on a lot longer. These are the changes that are known already, and there will still be more to come. And don't forget his new ultra, which goes through fireballs.

I'm a bit worried about Hakan, since he wasn't even finished until the final build, if there's a chance for someone to be accidentally overpowered I'm guessing its him. Though, charge charecters are hardly ever overpowered, simply by their nature.

At any rate, its seeming as if Juri can't rush down like I had wished for, but Makoto being in this game will always be my backdrop. Should be fun.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I used all of the english voices, except for Chun, who's English voice was just horrible.

"YOU READY FOR THIS?!"

Speaking of Chun, it looks like she got buffed for SSF4, so I'm a happy camper.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I’m MEGA stoked at the thought of Super Street Fighter IV shipping at the end of April what with all the talk of improved on-line! The $40 price tag is also a blessing for a game that’s arguably going to be the best 1v1 fighter on just about every college campus around here in Raleigh, NC. I’m just hoping they don’t nerf my favorite character Dhalsim too bad.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I used all of the english voices, except for Chun, who's English voice was just horrible.

"YOU READY FOR THIS?!"

Speaking of Chun, it looks like she got buffed for SSF4, so I'm a happy camper.
Seriously, Jam? In comparison to this:

The same guy who says:

"There's no way you could ever knock ME out." Finger waggle and a sniff.

XD

Smooth Criminal
Fei Long had baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad voice acting.

Smooth Criminal

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
But Fei Long is cheesy bad, like the terrible dubbing in old karate movies.

Chun's is just regular bad.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I like Chun's over Fei's...

im sad to hear that US is still getting SSFIV for $40, Canada's gettnig them for an extra 5$ which is random. Does someone want to ship me a copy?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

im sad to hear that US is still getting SSFIV for $40, Canada's gettnig them for an extra 5$ which is random. Does someone want to ship me a copy?
Wouldn't that end up costing you more?

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
You should just move to the US. Matter of fact why don’t you come down to Raleigh, NC? We’ve got plenty of colleges in the area like Duke, NC State and North Carolina and when the students aren’t watching college basketball they’re usually playing some sort of video game like Brawl or Street Fighter IV.

It’s really quite beautiful and friendly here and the area is heavily invested in video gaming as Epic Games (makers of Unreal and Gears of Wars) is headquartered here.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

That's so weird. Was there any explanation for this?

You should just move to the US. Matter of fact why don’t you come down to Raleigh, NC? We’ve got plenty of colleges in the area like Duke, NC State and North Carolina and when the students aren’t watching college basketball they’re usually playing some sort of video game like Brawl or Street Fighter IV.

It’s really quite beautiful and friendly here and the area is heavily invested in video gaming as Epic Games (makers of Unreal and Gears of Wars) is headquartered here.
OH GEE WHIZ GUYS I WONDER IF THIS GUY IS TRYING TO MAYBE PERHAPS POSSIBLY POTENTIALLY MAYBE TRY TO GENERATE INTEREST IN HIS LOCAL GAMING COMMUNITY AND IS DOING DO BY SPAMMING A BUNCH OF THREADS.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
OH GEE WHIZ GUYS I WONDER IF THIS GUY IS TRYING TO MAYBE PERHAPS POSSIBLY POTENTIALLY MAYBE TRY TO GENERATE INTEREST IN HIS LOCAL GAMING COMMUNITY AND IS DOING DO BY SPAMMING A BUNCH OF THREADS.
My gaming community is on-line via XBL or Wi-Fi on the Wii so it already has plenty of interest. ;)

Read one of my previous posts in this thread and you’ll see that I mention the improvements in on-line for SSF IV.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9901789&postcount=2343

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVL8lMLXt64&feature=channel

Maybe you guys have looked at this stuff already but here's a channel that is showing some good level play from a wide variety of characters.

Things to note: Ibuki's 2nd Ultra has amazing range and goes through fireballs (bye sagat and shotos)

El Fuerte's new ultra seems to have more range than a grab and damage is impressive for how fast he is.

Makoto seems to be capable of doing the choke into 2nd ultra, but in one match it didn't fully connect it seemed.

Get hype for this game.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Hashin sho had that range in 2nd impact.

That Ultra 2 from makoto didn't combo at all.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Wouldn't that end up costing you more?
[color="#ff006"]Not unless he was hoping for someone to ship him a free copy. :laugh:[/color]
You are a Smart Cookie.

I buy stuff from dealextreme and they send as gifts so I don't get charged delivery ha ha ha.

naw but seriously that's homo, an extra 5$ when just south of the border I could get it for 5$ less. the 5$ could have went to buying 2 nice markers which i need to buy tomorrow surprisingly enough. Art school ain't cheap.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
She also might be kinda bad, its yet to be seen. There are multiple things pointing to it, most importantly her dive kick being vastly unsafe on block, her lacking an overhead in a game full of overheads (her former overhead now wiffs on crouching opponents), and lack of a true AA. She could be awsome, or she could be the next El Fuerte, its yet to be seen. At the very least, she'll have to play turtle style instead of offense and rushdown like I had hoped. Always Makoto though.

kr3wman

Smash Master
in a game full of useless overheads except dudley's you mean.

She's probably the next rufus. Dive kick goes full screen and breaks armor! you probably won't use it all the time.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
There are plenty of non-useless overheads.

But both of those examples, the dive kick and the lack of any overhead shows her graduale decline of offense forces that she has received since she was announced. Her counters also do little for her offense game, and other than the aerial one, set her in a position that isn't really helpful to offensive play, and counters suck anyway. The way her dive kick works now, it looks like it would be more useful for defensive play than offense, not something I wanted in her.

At defense though, she'll excell, with the ability to punish anywhere on screen, and to win any fireball war, hands down, she can't be out turtled, her only lacking tool being her back dash, which is meh, but with her dive kick, jumping would probably be a better option as if they mess up their approach you can either escape or cross them up, or if properly timed, stuff their SRK.

Octave

Smash Ace

I was on the fence but hadn't heard this. Definitely getting into this game now.

*rides the hype wave for the next month*

Top Bottom