• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

mood4food77

Smash Hero
what do you mean by that?

seriously, i played my room mate, who did nothing but air to air, juggle me for a good 500, and repeat, if i jumped in, he almost always won or did nothing and grab, in which i could literally not do anything about

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
The BS in MvC is faaaaar greater than the BS in this game, to me.

I think the issue may be that you're approaching this like another game. I can't play this at all like SF4 cuz the mechanics are so wonky.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
obviously the BS in marvel is greater than the BS in this game, it's supposed to be like that

it's just i felt like every character i used couldn't do anything about air-to-air hits with the characters he used

i was going hwaorang with balrog, abel, and ken (mostly ken though), he was using ryu, paul, and bison for the most part

i couldn't trade anything with them in the air no matter who i used, let alone, it feels as though nothing in this game is punishable or that you literally can't buffer moves to punish like you could in past fighters and then i get punished on block for throwing out ken's cr. M (so annoying)

i got frustrated and threw my stick and then walked out, so i'm a bit salty still

i mean, i haven't played any fighter but marvel in a while but i'd throw the move out and i'd get grabbed while my move is in his leg, seriously so stupid, it was like he had invincibility on wake-up or something

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Pick a better air to air normal and space things right. If you're being forced to block a normal like crouching forward, then stop being in cr. forward range. Play footsies and CH them into a chain or something.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it wasn't that

i couldn't punish his cr. forwards but he could punish mine

i tried every air to air normal, all of hwaorang's and none of them were good unless i did a really early jumping fierce and that would trade most of the time, supposedly jumping forward is his best but i kept getting stuffed

idk, it's probably cause none of the stuff i'm used to doing has the same timing as to what i'm used to

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Cr. Forward from a chain causes greater recovery, iirc. If it wasn't that, then I have no idea since it's safe on block otherwise.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Matador and Jam. I'm slowly getting smarter against jump ins.
I notice I mash a little more than I would like to. A bad habit I need to get rid of. :urg:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
LOL I'm currently spectating a match and one of the players is using Bryan Fury from Tekken...

Gotta love the hackers. Can't wait for the DLC characters though (Cody ftw)

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
May be on tomorrow if I don't feel like ****. Would anyone care to help me get the gist of the game, if possible?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@MoodFood
I think Hwoarang has pretty good footsies. but I been playing him since day one and haven't really played a game without him yet so maybe I'm just used to his footsies and they might actually be bad

I soft-dropped law for Asuka (again) her ability to go in and out of boost combos and being able to cancel almost all of her unsafe moves in to HCB+K is great.

I just got to get used to all the unorthodox button presses. I'm skipping around my control pad pretty much lol

also Trial 18 and 19 T_T....spending SO. MUCH. TIME on those.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
would be legit but I'm sure there is like 20 PSN players and 2 live players...lol

XBL: TKO727 btw.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
XBL: KumaOso

Still suck and I can't even cancel for some reason as of late.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
PSN: KaizokuX

Played a bit today. Currently using Lili/Ken. Still not sure what to do with Lili. /:

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
GGs Matador. Sorry I scrubbed it up so much. Still getting used to games based on links and stuff again.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, GGs. The lag was the only thing that bugged me. I was trying out my new team and you definitely helped me iron out some of the bugs. We should definitey play more.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yo mat, mind if you tell me your gametag?

---

I got some ideas for this thread to make it more of a community.
If guys can help me recruit SFxT players to here, that would be absolutely wonderful.
If we have plenty of people, I might just start doing wifi tournaments sooner or later.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, GGs. The lag was the only thing that bugged me. I was trying out my new team and you definitely helped me iron out some of the bugs. We should definitey play more.
Yeah, lag was a bit all over the place. Probably dropping Lili after today, lol.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yo mat, mind if you tell me your gametag?

---

I got some ideas for this thread to make it more of a community.
If guys can help me recruit SFxT players to here, that would be absolutely wonderful.
If we have plenty of people, I might just start doing wifi tournaments sooner or later.
I'm PSN, but my ID is Kmatador77.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I need to talk with the IT people at my school Monday. My connection has been so inconsistent that there are times where my 360 will connect and other times it won't.

I'm gonna try out Kuma again after seeing some of the neat things he can do. Hopefully, I'll have Teams Kuma (Kuma/Xiaoyu) and Oso (???/King).

EDIT: Try as I might, I can't get a good hold on Kuma. I'll look somewhere else.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I am going to get this game fo' sho' now after watching some Bryan. He actually does function a lot like Necro 0-0

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
EDIT: Try as I might, I can't get a good hold on Kuma. I'll look somewhere else.
Forward L punch chain da bess~
Seriously, I forgot what it was, but when I troll with kuma, I just do this one chain that starts with towards light punch and end with his Vulcan bear punch special.

Its totally safe on block if you don't go threw with the full bear punch special.
Yeaaa sorry no clue what these moves are called, but look threw his specials, you'll get it~

kuma's my troll character. it looks like he has ALOT of utility, but like...none of his stuff goes well together. He's strange. But hopefully someday someone will reach maximum level of Kuma play so we can see if he's good or not.

Frolicking bears pretty damn awesome too btw. :3

Top Bottom