• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuck to the ground! :(

kirbys246

Smash Apprentice
Ok how do I make it so my character isnt stuck to the ground? Im making a dash attack and I want him to hop into the air. Im thinking the game thinks the character is still on the ground so he has no verical momentum. Anyone know how to do this? Ive been tsting different things for a long time and still the character is stuck.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Ok how do I make it so my character isnt stuck to the ground? Im making a dash attack and I want him to hop into the air. Im thinking the game thinks the character is still on the ground so he has no verical momentum. Anyone know how to do this? Ive been tsting different things for a long time and still the character is stuck.
try using animations to get him off the ground just a suggestion

kirbys246

Smash Apprentice
Is their a PSA you know that does this so I can just look at how they did it? Im so confused but I have to make this work!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
You need animations...
You don't need them, but they sure are the easiest way. You can ask Eldiran how, but I'm pretty sure you need to set some vertical momentum, and make sure that you're using 'Scalar' for the command (it should be above where you enter the number for momentum in PSA, if it isn't Scalar change it to it).

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You need to give Vertical Momentum the same frame that you set Aerial/Onstage State to 5 or else you just go back down. You also, like Dantarion said, need to set to Air for Air/Ground.

kirbys246

Smash Apprentice
Oh I got it!

I just had to make the DashAttack subaction to change to an unused action

In the unused action I put:

Change Action=10, requirement=Animation End
Additional requirement= On Ground
Change Action=E, requirement=Animation End
Additional requirement= In Air
Set Air/Ground=Undefined(10)
8000100: 0-5,
Change SubAction=(Unused Subaction with the animation, offensive collisions and momentum and stuff.)

But last time I did this, the game froze. I thought it was because of the action I edited. So I spent hours after that trying to figure out different ways of doing this. But then when I did something not relating to editing actions that froze the game, I realised that editing the actions isnt what was freezing it. I guess when I save something on Smash Attacks, I also have to cancel out the program. What a waste of hours :(.

Top Bottom