• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff. A LOT of stuff...God so much freaking stuff...

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
K. I don't exactly know where to start...Oh yeah...Right below this... By the way, I probably won't reply in this thread. I'm still too butt-hurt >=0...I think this stuff is really good and helpful, but feel free to correct me.
Also, videos will be in in like 10 minutes...They are up, but quality is still changing.

This first part is some pivot landing stuff I've been working with. It seems amazingly useful to Toon Link. It makes Zair combo into Bair. Yeah...You heard me. LEARN THIS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LW7p9_sqOI

Right. Next part...In this video, I start with some IMO cool projectile stuff I feel are being neglected. Next, I quickly demonstrate the sliding reversed down-smash, just to show it. I end it demonstrating Toon Link's retreating pivot grab. It actually is pretty freaking good. Hard as hell to pull off consistently... >...> LEARN THIS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_IHmTqq1_g

Next. This last video starts with some Zair stuff with platforms. I find it pretty cool, but to each their own. Next, I demonstrate FIOD's Reverse Up-B fall and fall cancel. This IS useful. You can slide of the edge into instant Bairs. LEARN THIS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQCzAxTcA3g

Well...This actually took me a really long time....so I'm done for now...Maybe more soon, but I dunno...

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
I like the videos, especially the zair to bair first one seems really really helpful. But what was up with the comment on your third video you typed "Black People?"...whats that suppose to mean? I honestly hope that America/the world has matured past a racist mindset by now.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I like the videos, especially the zair to bair first one seems really really helpful. But what was up with the comment on your third video you typed "Black People?"...whats that suppose to mean? I honestly hope that America/the world has matured past a racist mindset by now.
Inside joke that only kids from my TOK would get. Even if it didn't have a story behind it, it wouldn't have been racist... >...>

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Sasukebowser thought of that up B stuff a long time ago. I did find that pivot down smash stuff useful though.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Good..Stuff DTL!

Zair to Bair is sexy, I'm thinking of combining that whilst holding a bomb. Definitely has potential.
Alot of good stuff that isn't being used, at the very least they're excellent for mix-up and mind games.

Nice Avi :D

EDIT: Sasuke covered the UpB fall, but can't recall if he did it reveresed. Still, good to recap for any new Toon Links.

Bshaw718

Smash Cadet
K. I don't exactly know where to start...Oh yeah...Right below this... By the way, I probably won't reply in this thread. I'm still too butt-hurt >=0...I think this stuff is really good and helpful, but feel free to correct me.
Also, videos will be in in like 10 minutes...They are up, but quality is still changing.

This first part is some pivot landing stuff I've been working with. It seems amazingly useful to Toon Link. It makes Zair combo into Bair. Yeah...You heard me. LEARN THIS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LW7p9_sqOI
**** right im learning that....good ish sonz

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Nice work DTL!! Keep this up! I can see a lot of effort went in to this. I would have replied sooner but my computer is slow atm and it took forever to load the vids. But first....

@Jerm: Yes and no. You are right that Sasuke discovered something similar to this a while ago. He discovered the SAF and the SAFC. But recently I found a way to reverse these two by Jump Cancelling and so on. Just have another look at my thread in the Swordplay section and it's all explained.

Right, I have a few questions DTL as I always do. The first vid, Pivot landing, there was no explaination on how to perform it and you said that it was already known. So who first discovered it and how do you do it?

The second vid, I will add some of those combo's to my combo section (if they're not already there). Then you had that thing that was kinda like the SHDB only you used the platforms. That was pretty cool. I'll seriously consider adding that somehow. Then you had that platform bomb thing which was a good use of the Instant Bomb Throw, I'm unsure what I'll do with that. Then you had the SMS! Hellz yeah! It was a shame that you didn't have it while jumping forwards because I consider Running, jumping forwards to Instant SMS so full of win it's not funny. Then you had a good use of the Invincicatch, I'll definitely add a reference of it into the Note. It would have been better if you had of cancelled the airdodge after the Invincicatch to tether the ledge, but still, awesome stuff here. Sliding Backwards D-smash thing...... well at least now it's on video. And lastly you had the Retreating Grab thing. This isn't on the list and I should definitely add it. Could you please also send me a link to the thread or explain how to do the Retreating grab. Much obliged.

Third and last vid. That Zair stuff is awesome! I'm not sure what I should do with it though, any suggestions? It's awesome to see my Reverse SAF/SAFC on youtube for the first time! I appreciate this so much!

So I'm definitely going to add all these vids to my thread. I'm also going to add a lot of that other stuff (as explained in the other paragraphs) but as I said, I also need a couple of things explained. So you can post here or in my thread or PM me or whatever. But for now, I think I'll hold off putting stuff in my thread from this thread until I know what I'm doing and talking about.

So yeah, awesome thread and it's great that you're still posting here!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Hey. Firstly, I just want to say that I didn't jump cancel the Up-B reversals. The JCing helps, but I find it easier without. With enough momentum, you don't even have to JC. It still helps a lot though and I would recommend it greatly. As for everything else, Imma do some quoting now...

Nice work DTL!! Keep this up! I can see a lot of effort went in to this. I would have replied sooner but my computer is slow atm and it took forever to load the vids. But first....
Thanks a lot. Comments are always appreciated.

@Jerm: Yes and no. You are right that Sasuke discovered something similar to this a while ago. He discovered the SAF and the SAFC. But recently I found a way to reverse these two by Jump Cancelling and so on. Just have another look at my thread in the Swordplay section and it's all explained.
This.

Right, I have a few questions DTL as I always do. The first vid, Pivot landing, there was no explaination on how to perform it and you said that it was already known. So who first discovered it and how do you do it?
Well...To be honest I've never actually seen it before... I've always been a huge fan of Pivot Walking (lightly tap backwards from the way you're walking then forwards. Continue. Profit.) This is pretty much just jumping and landing with a instant Pivot Walk. You can kinda buffer it, too.

The second vid, I will add some of those combo's to my combo section (if they're not already there). Then you had that thing that was kinda like the SHDB only you used the platforms. That was pretty cool. I'll seriously consider adding that somehow.
I was just showing that HyRo's kick-*** technique SHDB can be uses with double jump and with platform. I feel like people think they are limited as to where they do it.

Then you had that platform bomb thing which was a good use of the Instant Bomb Throw, I'm unsure what I'll do with that. Then you had the SMS! Hellz yeah! It was a shame that you didn't have it while jumping forwards because I consider Running, jumping forwards to Instant SMS so full of win it's not funny.
Dernit...You're right...I completely forgot that... >:(

Then you had a good use of the Invincicatch, I'll definitely add a reference of it into the Note. It would have been better if you had of cancelled the airdodge after the Invincicatch to tether the ledge, but still, awesome stuff here.
Also, if you want more vids with "invincicatch" I did them in I believe my second technique video.

Sliding Backwards D-smash thing...... well at least now it's on video. And lastly you had the Retreating Grab thing. This isn't on the list and I should definitely add it. Could you please also send me a link to the thread or explain how to do the Retreating grab. Much obliged.
Eh. I don't feel like linking to Begalz or something's thread now, so I'll just explain it. Dash forward, cancel the dash by dashing backwards (like a dash-dance) and pivot grab. It took me a LONG time to perfect it and it is SO much easier without Tap-jump, but I recommend turning it back on after getting this down without it.

Third and last vid. That Zair stuff is awesome! I'm not sure what I should do with it though, any suggestions? It's awesome to see my Reverse SAF/SAFC on youtube for the first time! I appreciate this so much!
IDK about the Zair stuff. If you ever have a section with Zair, mayber there...IDK. Also, I'm a huge fan of Reverse SAFC. It is definitely going to be useful. Running off the edge to instant Bairs=WIN

So I'm definitely going to add all these vids to my thread. I'm also going to add a lot of that other stuff (as explained in the other paragraphs) but as I said, I also need a couple of things explained. So you can post here or in my thread or PM me or whatever. But for now, I think I'll hold off putting stuff in my thread from this thread until I know what I'm doing and talking about.

So yeah, awesome thread and it's great that you're still posting here!
Thanks a lot for all your imput

Hyro

Smash Lord
I've been doing zair to bair for a while now, I don't pivot land it though. I simply rar immediatley and it works the same, if not faster. I have a clip of it I'll put in my next combo video where I got like 5 bairs from it lol

Mystic101

Smash Cadet
you should add in the momentum bounce SHDA from standing it helps in some matchups especially olimar

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@A~Kid

The pointless sliding backwards D-smash
How to perform: Run in one direction, Pivot, tilt hit backwards and use D-smash just as you're coming out of the Pivot.
Effect: Toon will slide Backwards and perform D-smash.
Note: This is just the Sliding Jab (Look it up) only instead of a Jab, you use D-smash. This can be done with all A moves including tilts and smashes. Normally you don't need to tilt hit backwards to slide and perform an A move, but by tilt hiting Backwards, it means that you can slide Backwards.

Look up the sliding jab in my thread, it's the root of all these kinda moves.

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
@A~Kid

The pointless sliding backwards D-smash
How to perform: Run in one direction, Pivot, tilt hit backwards and use D-smash just as you're coming out of the Pivot.
Effect: Toon will slide Backwards and perform D-smash.
Note: This is just the Sliding Jab (Look it up) only instead of a Jab, you use D-smash. This can be done with all A moves including tilts and smashes. Normally you don't need to tilt hit backwards to slide and perform an A move, but by tilt hiting Backwards, it means that you can slide Backwards.

Look up the sliding jab in my thread, it's the root of all these kinda moves.
What do you mean by tilt hit backwards? I don't get it.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Tilt hit is like, what you would do for a tilted move. Actually it might be less then that. But all you want it to do is turn yourself around without running in that direction. If you're still unsure, go into training mode, stand still and tilt hit backwards so you turn around on the spot without running or walking in that direction.
You'll be right, it's actually really simple. You might of just been a bit confused with the wording of it.

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
Tilt hit is like, what you would do for a tilted move. Actually it might be less then that. But all you want it to do is turn yourself around without running in that direction. If you're still unsure, go into training mode, stand still and tilt hit backwards so you turn around on the spot without running or walking in that direction.
You'll be right, it's actually really simple. You might of just been a bit confused with the wording of it.
lol I've been able to pull it off consistently. :D

Thanks. Mindgame gimps or kills anyone?

Tiersr4Queers

Smash Apprentice
D: lol **** gone for month and look at all this stufff I missed
Last thing I remember learning was the double bomb fakeout lol loox like I need to get back to learning.:D

Top Bottom