• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahone

Smash Champion
hay guys

how does i beat flaco?
u have been on these boards so long taht you aren't gonna get anything you didn't already know out of this question.

Honestly i think watching hbox vs drpp will give you way more information than anything i could say.

Mahone

Smash Champion
just asking dude =P i know in general what to do but it never hurts to ask.

didn't think to lightshield, i should try that...
Ya, its fine to ask, i wasn't trying to sound rude or anything, its just that people were saying upthrow rest and fair spam and stuff that im pretty sure you already know so i was suggesting you watch all the drpp hbox sets because they provide alot of situational information.

PB&J

Smash Hero
ok i want to play puff again- what can i do to icys besides pound their shields..i know how to edgeguard them well but i want to learn everything else against them.

teach me your ways puff mains

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Bair.

LOL.

No but seriously to paraphrase Sliq, "Bair shuts ICs out so it's a reasonable choice to spam it." Bair them so their shield is tiny then Pound to break it, or Rest them through it a la Hungrybox, or Rest Nana if you're below like 50 when you split them.

Being in front of them when they're blocking is safer than being behind them because they can't shield grab you anyway and their Bair OoS can be scary on occasion because it does like 20%.

idea

Smash Master
i'll go watch them again but basically what i remember seeing, whenever i first watched those sets, is that hbox is more patient than i am and punishes stuff better. >_<

anyway, i was mostly wondering what tricks anyone might have that most people probably don't know about, so keep saying those if you have them.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Fair is good vs Falco? Really?

Someone tell me why it's good.

It always seems to get ***** by his Bair and U-tilt.
It helps you dodge lasers if you use it above them, like the momentum of it or something, i dunno why and you can do a fair on his head and then another lower to the ground and you can stuff alot of his moves and hit him twice because it doesn't have very strong knockback.

Also if you get a strong fair it could lead into jab reset nicely.

ok i want to play puff again- what can i do to icys besides pound their shields..i know how to edgeguard them well but i want to learn everything else against them.

teach me your ways puff mains
ya bair *****, nair to rest is **** because it will get nana alot of the times, uptilt is kinda hard to get but it'll lead to some combos. Predict their wavedashes and pound, after you split them up, if nana is close to the edge just wop her to death cuz i think ics without nana are easy as **** for jiggs.

i'll go watch them again but basically what i remember seeing, whenever i first watched those sets, is that hbox is more patient than i am and punishes stuff better. >_<

anyway, i was mostly wondering what tricks anyone might have that most people probably don't know about, so keep saying those if you have them.
ya that lightshielding trick is good. i like to shield alot when the are pressuring because their grab game is garbage and you can bait an fsmash on your sheild, but if they start playing safe then shielding becomes really bad because they will keep you in sheild with lasers.

Try that ducking and then just hitting sheild as the laser goes over you to powersheild its actually pretty good because most falcos can't consistantly get the low lasers, also wavedash around crouching to avoid lasers is good.

Airbender Gyatso

Smash Rookie
come to tournaments :laugh:
i want to go but i'm like 13 and i'm not doing really well in school so my parents are really strict about me going out :(

how do you guys know what to do after back throw against falco? i always miss him, his side b is so fast :(

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
It's okay. I'm sure you have time to turn around, right? Then just do a jump and pull out a n-air; it'll be out for a long time. Heck, n-air can **** all of Falco's recoveries (yep, all two of them!)

Tamoo

Smash Master
yay another person who uses nair to edgeguard falco :)

also, it seems that ive been having much more success edgeguarding falco ever since starting to react to what they do than jumping out and intercepting them.

Also, general advice against falco, dropping down from above them with a nair seems to work pretty well, leads to grabs

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Lol n-air ***** all moves. XD Samus's charge shot? PSSSSSH.

But seriously, n-air is good. I was just fooling around on Monday, I think (or Tuesday?) with my friends, and I was Jiggs against Falco. I decided to use n-air to edge-guard (idk why, lol), but it just seemed to work so well... I mean, I knew it definitely had more priority than Falco Illusion, but out-prioritizing FalcoFox just seemed natural. N-air is a beautiful thing, I tell you hwat.

idea

Smash Master
i notice that too. it's cause falco's jump is so high, it's easier for him to get above or under the spot you're covering than fox (against whom jumping out is pretty good). also, his firebird doesn't go very far, so to use that he has to be close to the edge...meaning you don't need to jump out to get to him in time, he's right there in his no-hitbox.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah, i pretty much just always wait on stage expecting the illusion these days, anticipating and reacting when it happens, or just wait for them to mess up and firebird instead.

It's always useful to pretend you're jumping out tho, faking it prompts them to illusion onstage rather than go for the sweetspot which sits nicely for a rest :D

PB&J

Smash Hero
lol..funny thing is ..i have been playing puff since i played this game..but i like other characters better..but ill prob never use her in tourny..unless..prob never..who knows..my puff suks though

sauc3

Smash Lord
how does one edge cancel with puff, it is my dream to edge cancel aerials to rest with her, but its like impossible to line up, i ALWAYS MISS.

does anyone do this? and wuts ur secret!

idea

Smash Master
not really =P she seems easy to edgecancel with in the same way that luigi is easy to wavedash with.

just allow more space, pretty much. in theory she has the largest margin of error with edgecanceling since she moves the farthest horizontally. try doing dairs on both sides of a platform.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Fair is good vs Falco? Really?

Someone tell me why it's good.

It always seems to get ***** by his Bair and U-tilt.
Falco is quite a scary character...

Bairing only does so much, as does fairing. Fairing has a better chance of hitting Falco, and all you really need to kill Falco is that first hit.

The "perfect" Falco against Jiggs is currently played by Dr. PP. I was barely able to beat him at CEO since I was able to adapt, but his patience and DI shuts out many of Jigglypuff's options.

Nair is a good trick to add in to your aerial smoothie. Bair bair bair fair fair bair NAIR bair bair...

etc

Nair has a lot of priority.

Overall, you will also be surprised how much staying on the ground helps and just crouching under those darn lasers.

Wavedash around, and if you've ever played Megaman you should know the right time to jump out and begin an aerial attack.

Uair is risky...but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beneficial.

Uair + Jab is more of a barrage for Fox, it seems to counter him well.

and of course, if you have NO idea what to do, just pray and space bairs.

Works for me every single time I'm clueless in a match.

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
hey guys i was wondering if i play mango and he goes jiggs whats the best thing to do to get ***** the least

sauc3

Smash Lord
not really =P she seems easy to edgecancel with in the same way that luigi is easy to wavedash with.

just allow more space, pretty much. in theory she has the largest margin of error with edgecanceling since she moves the farthest horizontally. try doing dairs on both sides of a platform.
i dont think so at all, shes one of the hardest i find, its much easier with fox and falco and they have very little horizontal movement in comparison,

anyone else find mewtwo has the easiest edgecancel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom