• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
well i seen mango using the dash attack in the match up ..he used mindgames behind it though
ah okay. cause you can get shield-rested out of it. one of the few reliable ways to get rests in that matchup. that and...misspaced smashes. but whatever, mango always does silly things

@ Idea: I might not be, depending on how I'm getting there.
you could come visit anyway...

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
haha, probably

also, i'm having people over on friday. so you can come then =) it's a practice smashfest for the tournament in niagara this weekend. raynex and kirbykaze and etc. should be there.
PM me some details..? Time/location/other important info. I'll probably bring a friend along...

GSUB

Smash Lord
Haven't been on the puff boards in awhile...
hmmm. last time I was here, I remember talking about resting a falco's pillar.
I kinda do it in my vid VVVVVVVVVV at 1:04

:o

I actually like puff dittos

they are fun

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Idea: I probably won't make it on Friday.

Link to GSUB's combo video (or you can click his signature): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OkQRnLUITg&fmt=18

I see a lot of USmash -> Jab reset -> Rest. I do this against Spacies too... Does anyone else do this? I don't know how it works at all and if it only works if it was CC'd or hit at a certain part of the hitbox, so if anyone can figure this out, do tell.

Also, for the Rest OoS under pillar shield pressure, does it only work if their shine was late (or missed an L Cancel)? Or does it work 100% as long as you jump OoS and Rest fast enough?

Btw your vid was amazing. A lot of interesting things that I don't see the top-class Puffs use.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Idea: I probably won't make it on Friday.

Link to GSUB's combo video (or you can click his signature): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OkQRnLUITg&fmt=18

I see a lot of USmash -> Jab reset -> Rest. I do this against Spacies too... Does anyone else do this? I don't know how it works at all and if it only works if it was CC'd or hit at a certain part of the hitbox, so if anyone can figure this out, do tell.

Also, for the Rest OoS under pillar shield pressure, does it only work if their shine was late (or missed an L Cancel)? Or does it work 100% as long as you jump OoS and Rest fast enough?

Btw your vid was amazing. A lot of interesting things that I don't see the top-class Puffs use.
Upsmash -> Jab reset - > rest starts working around 30% I think. That's about when upsmash starts knocking them over, and many times they will miss the tech. Even if they do tech, you can techchase to rest, or grab and go from there.

I think my rest OoS was due to him missing an l-cancel or a late shine, or because he might have daired a bit early, thus less hitstun.

And thank you, that means a lot :]

idea

Smash Master
rest is booooring

more comboooos

i've never seen fox get rested out of getup attack =P that was pretty cool.

and RIP: ok. you could also come to york university on wednesdays.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Idea: Can we find a weekend to play? Its hard for me to fit in weekdays...

GSUB: Can't you Rest OoS fast enough if you do it after they shine during their pillar? I don't know if it works (no one to test this with atm), but I can see it in my head. Unless they do an early Dair, I think it should work.

But that is why people Dair and DI away from the shield to get out of shield grab range. This also gets them out of Rest range, or at least the Dair would hit if they tried to come. It is also why they should stop shield pressuring with pillar (imo) and just shine -> JC grab.

And thanks for the information. I'm pretty sure the percentages are different for Fox/Falco/Falcon, though. But I guess mid-percents is when USmash -> jab reset works. I saw in your video that you did this against a Fox at 21%. It looks like it would work at a bit under 20% for Fox. I'm not sure though. If someone can make a chart or something the like of percentages for different chars, that would be very helpful.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, sure. usually we do stuff on weekends anyway, it's just there's a tournament this one. you could still come to that, but since it's in niagara and all...i assume parent johns would apply.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Upsmash -> Jab reset - > rest starts working around 30% I think. That's about when upsmash starts knocking them over, and many times they will miss the tech. Even if they do tech, you can techchase to rest, or grab and go from there.

I think my rest OoS was due to him missing an l-cancel or a late shine, or because he might have daired a bit early, thus less hitstun.

And thank you, that means a lot :]
actually, hitstun is less than lcancel lag. you can use any first frame move out of shield before the shine comes out.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Yes it does, JJFox. I've been using this on FFers for a while, I don't know if anyone else started applying this. Just like the Rest OoS and Animal Slayers, once it gets too well-known, it would be common reactions to tech roll the USmashes... Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. They feel so unreliable, but at least work for now. Capitalize on enemy mistakes!

Just out of curiosity... Are there any tricks you puff mains have that you don't see others use?

Edit: Just an FYI, its easiest to do the USmash -> jab reset -> Rest when the enemy FFer is in the 20%s.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you have to count the frames it takes to actually jump too don't you?
5 frames for puff jump (airborn 6th)
9 frames lcancel lag on falco dair (bair 10, nair 7)

i don't have shield stun data on hand, but i'm confident its 4 or under. btw this is assuming the hitbox hits your shield and the next frame he is in landing animation.

if you watch the fox/falco meta game, both characters will shine out of shield to beat each other's shield pressure. this is because when they hit the ground, your shield stun is usually gone and you can get a shine out faster than them.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
MaNg0, your Puff is unbeatable. You = smash god.

Hungrybox you did soooooo good at Genesis, omg. You're a monster.

I'm dropping all my secondaries and playing Puff exclusively.

Puffs<3

bolt.

Smash Ace
Mango, you have inspired me to main puff and second falco. Congratulations on winning genesis! That was amazing!

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
I think GF everybody was rooting for Mango just because nobody wanted to see a Europe player coming to the USA for the first time after playing the american version of smash for only a month and winning one of the biggest tournaments in smash history.

Good **** Mango you make the WC proud :D.

dhp1161

Smash Rookie
requesting link to that link ditto with silentwolf
also does mango have a girlfriend
also you won a lot of money from various tourneys, what are you doing with it

MaNg0

Smash Hero
PUFFS =D <33333

no i dont have a gf

women dont understand that i like to play melee lol

and i use my money 2 travel =D

Status