• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamoo

Smash Master
No that wouldn't work because zelda's fsmash is mad easy to sdi out of, he would have been better off, if he had the time, to just toe instead as that move is beast.

I've always thought that matchup is really in jiggs's favour though, a lot of shiek's normal options are totally unsafe and I maintain that she is one of the easiest characters in the game to rest, due to her medium size, relative fast fall and moveset in general.

Also starting to think she is a better character than I used to think, just watching hbox cover so many of the opponents options, I'm hoping people do start to find a way to beat her though and I'm thinking marth is the next character who may find some leeway with the jiggs matchup to **** her up

X1-12

Smash Champion
No that wouldn't work because zelda's fsmash is mad easy to sdi out of, he would have been better off, if he had the time, to just toe instead as that move is beast.

I've always thought that matchup is really in jiggs's favour though, a lot of shiek's normal options are totally unsafe and I maintain that she is one of the easiest characters in the game to rest, due to her medium size, relative fast fall and moveset in general.

Also starting to think she is a better character than I used to think, just watching hbox cover so many of the opponents options, I'm hoping people do start to find a way to beat her though and I'm thinking marth is the next character who may find some leeway with the jiggs matchup to **** her up
Marth ***** jiggs, F-tilt to death

idea

Smash Master
it's kind of like pichu's fsmash, where the beginning weak hits are supposed to hold you there for the later strong hits, but that never actually works since there's DI. i suppose the developers had something similar in mind when they made spacies' fairs.

marth-jiggs feels a lot like sheik-jiggs actually, except crouch isn't as good vs. marth, and marth doesn't have needles. sheik is probably easier to edgeguard. the only thing tricky about it is when her up-b catches you before an aerial comes out, and that's really avoidable. oh, marth also has better rest punishes.

X1-12

Smash Champion
it's kind of like pichu's fsmash, where the beginning weak hits are supposed to hold you there for the later strong hits, but that never actually works since there's DI. i suppose the developers had something similar in mind when they made spacies' fairs.

marth-jiggs feels a lot like sheik-jiggs actually, except crouch isn't as good vs. marth, and marth doesn't have needles. sheik is probably easier to edgeguard. the only thing tricky about it is when her up-b catches you before an aerial comes out, and that's really avoidable. oh, marth also has better rest punishes.
and has insane range...

Beanman

Smash Cadet

I don't know. Lightshielding the up-b works REALLY well.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Never had much luck with the Marth killer. It seems too hard to setup for, and you could just time the invincibility instead.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Lolll <3 KK.

Two questions:
1. How does Jiggs grab range compare to her relative size? It seems abnormally large.
2. Is it worth resting a Nana at low % if you get the chance?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Jiggly has the 11th longest grab range in the game:

8) Sheik
9) Zelda
10) Falco
11) Jigglypuff
12) Mewtwo
13) Peach
14) Fox

If you can rest Nana, you should consider whether you could instead carry her off the stage and edgeguard her first. If you probably can't, and you're sure the rest will kill (Nana has good DI and is slightly heavier than Popo), and you won't die from a fully charged Popo smash, definitely go for the rest. If you're at really high % and are a stock up, you might rest anyway.

idea

Smash Master
alright, guys, i'd like to ask all of you to tell me your stupid gimmicky tricks with jigglypuff. i have a good understanding of how to play the character in general, so i feel like it's time to start incorporating weird tricks and such.

one thing i started doing recently (so i don't know how well it works yet) is to dair on someone's shield, then land behind them and start uptilting. once you've started the dair you're safe, and the uptilt(s) either catch them out of movement, push them far enough away to still be safe, or cut through their shield magically. even if you don't hit them at all that seems like a lot of shield damage.

i think i'd like to find more uses for dair in general. it seems like it has a lot of unused potential.

GSUB

Smash Lord
this isn't hilarious, but it works.

when you full hop two backairs, and the enemy sheilds, just don't do the second bair; instead, land, then uptilt to rest, or just rest. ****.
use in any situation where your character thinks you're going to hit their shield (and when you know they'll try and punish the lag)

(hbox does this a lot. i always wondered when someone would realize he does this, and when it wouldn't work anymore. watch hbox vs mango pound 4 GF. Mango knows he does it and just sheilds the next move. if someone knows to do that, just empty land to grab).

also, up-b OoS. lol.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
sometimes when i b-air and they shield I don't fast fall the b-air. Instead, i float and land behind them. Sometimes they try to shield grab so then I just grab them when I'm behind them.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
When I hit a player high enough that I can't combo them anymore, I charge up rollouts and get easy kills with it!

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Idea, are you going to LBT2? I'll do my best to make it. I'll be the small asian kid that looks like he's in middle school, lol. Probably with Max.

And for your tricks, Up B to get the edge. Seriously, people fall for this all the time, namely Marths. When you hit them off-stage and they're parallel/lower than the edge and are forced to Up B since they can't air dodge back, you can SH off-stage and Up B to grab the ledge backwards. They'll most likely be expecting something along the lines of a weak Fair, so they'll Fair you or Up B quickly. If they Up B, rest. If they Fair, drop from the edge and Bair him in the face. If your'e lucky, they didn't use C-Stick to Fair, so they DI'd into you and you get another Bair.

There's also that Nair/Dair thing where you tap their shield and duck after you land to bait for a shield grab. I don't know why Nairs/Dairs work better than Fair/Bair, but I've had much more success with this.

Oh, and if you can bait/predict a Marth's FSmash, you should R/L + C-Stick towards them and then Rest. Your Roll -> Rest is faster than their FSmash if you started it at the same time. Plus, they would most likely be attempting to grab you and not shielding/moving away if you roll into their face.

The only other thing I can remember right now is the run up to them -> shield. This works wonders. Normally gets you a DThrow that gives you a platform tech chase/tech chase rest/FSmash.

idea

Smash Master
probably, RIP.

i already do singhog. pretty situational but good to know. if i started doing this your way, i would be afraid of accidentally jumping, which gives them an easy edgeguard. just cause it seems pretty easy to mess it up that way.

it might have been me who told you about the rolling thing. i definitely posted that here a while ago.

you guys need to come up with wackier tricks =P i should probably do more empty hop to uptilt/grab, though.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Every trick only works because of the mindsets of your opponent

You can't expect to use a move, or a string of moves as a strategy, because it will only work if your opponents let it work.

idea

Smash Master
How about jab shield pressure?
ahaha i love that stuff

and baiting techrolls and stuff by wavedashing around randomly.

Every trick only works because of the mindsets of your opponent

You can't expect to use a move, or a string of moves as a strategy, because it will only work if your opponents let it work.
eh, i disagree, more or less. i'm not looking for strategy anyway. i mostly understand jigglypuff strategy already so i'm looking for gimmicky stuff to work in for teh lulz.

it can still be something useful, though. like that thing mango does (well, everyone does now) where you nair their shield and float back, baiting a shield grab, then fsmash. that's exactly the sort of thing i want to do more of.

you just...get tired of fairs after a while.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Idea: You keep evading our meetings! Find a way to Syracuse so I can finally meet you

We will talk, and play smash, and frolic in fields together and have a good time in general.

Someday... if it ever happens

idea

Smash Master
lol, syracuse is in new york, right? if i can get a drive then sure. afro chris has a G2 license now, and his parents have a van, so it's possible he could be allowed to borrow it... (usually sanuzi's car gets filled up too fast for me to go to stuff)

kirbykaze said you're really campy =P gossiiiiip

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I decided to pick up this character as an experiment to see if she's as easy to play as everyone says. If I start ****** everyone with her then success. If I lose a lot then either I suck or jiggs isn't broken.

Anyway, me screwing around:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMS4oB6Jk1E

sai i think you saw this and I play ribbon puff because I play ribbon puff in 64 and because you play flower puff

also to the tune of stupid jiggs gimmicks there's throw nairs over spacies shields so they jump into it and shield again

idea

Smash Master
she's easy to play, but not like, brawl easy =P one of the main differences i find between brawl and melee is the movement game. whenever brawl players try to learn melee they spend a lot of time standing in place and doing stuff, or like, run, attack, stop and think for a second. and jigglypuff is ALL movement. that's her thing...you need to know how to move around with her. you don't need to know much else but you need to know that really well =P

put it this way, watch a video of hungrybox, then one of you, and you'll notice the difference right away. his puff will kind of...look thinner, by comparison. because he gets more out of one unit of horizontal movement, and whenever he touches the ground he's already nowhere near you.

(mango is a worse example cause he's not as careful with that since he doesn't need it and ***** everyone anyway. but you can see it in his genesis match vs. armada's fox.)

i think i'm using too many words again. float farther horizontally, do aerials later, wavedash away if you hit their shield too close. oh, and put fairs and bairs in the way of where they have to go. like above their heads when they're going to jump.

edit: none of that really matters with falcon, though :bee: backthrow to fairs for a basically guaranteed edgeguard. land near him and uptilt whenever it's moderately safe. you pretty much beat him both by camping better and by putting pressure on him better.

rason110290

Smash Apprentice
Lol. I Finally got in some decent L Canceling Practice today. Never threw out so many aerials so fast. Feels good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom