• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
At pound4 me and over actually had tons of sheik ditos and we went pretty even. He may have won more than me but it was pretty back and forth. We both 3 stocked each other more than once. My fox won most of the friendlies but all games were close. My marth 2-0d him in a close friendly set but then I uber choked in tourney + he was playing even better than usual and i got ***** badly.

pound5 he was super super rusty, i 2-3 stocked him over 5 sheik dittos in a row

rom4 we had like half of a marth sheik match that i got ***** in, and half of a sheik ditto that i was ****** in, but that's like.... not even 1 full friendly so that's not enough data.

I think he has been rusty since pound4 though. His prime was definitely that tournament.

My choice to go Fox vs over was only because he's really bad at the MU. My fox is really bad vs sheik but his sheik is also really bad vs fox. His best MUs seem to be marth and sheik, and those are my 2 mains so I used my 3rd mainFox
mew2king, do u have any thoughts regarding PAL/NTSC sheik?

crush

Smash Master
This Is Sheik's thread, and stuff so I did wanna say

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

However for those of you viewing this thread now (as im posting)
Happy thanksgiving you guys!! n_n <3 you guys!

And for everyone else who views this thread later...etc..
Happy Thanksgiving!!

~Vman~
Dude... other than saying "this is _______ thread", you just copy pasted the same exact thanksgiiving stuff in like every thread.

For some reason im disappointed :urg:

still love you though

:phone:

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
EDITED: For Exposure

:p <3 crush

I really wanted to make sure at least as many people as I could, saw my message, and wanted to wish everyone a Happy thanksgiving that's all...

Reyping it over, and over, is draining. :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It is not a money match. It is a "We're getting drunk together' proposition

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Well I mean: He only acts gay I guess?

So after you both get drunk,

some things happened and got a little out of control

and Tec0 wakes up with a feeling of regret and shame.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
a/s/l & facepic plz

Doc, Luigi, Mario like to crouch cancel into down smash a la Peach & Samoose because they think they're so clever, preying on weak moves like f-tilt & jab.

Against Luigi:

Use a lot of needles (aerial & ground, depends on how far he is), fair & bair, and d-throw > f-tilt > block at low percent (after like 30% switch to fair or uair [if he doesn't DI away just fair > ??? or uair always]). Run off platform fair. Shield > punish (sometimes WD oos is required) is good against his entire moveset except grab & super spaced f-tilt & some down smashes he'll get enough momentum to be safe from you on (although WD oos needles actually can work on the latter & is ****ing annoying).

Use needles to stop misfires preemptively during his recovery and to prevent him from getting distance from tornado & green missile. Fair > bair if you can hit it on him. Take away all his options & hog him (or hit him away).

You should DI all his throws behind him. CC to block, d-smash, or grab if he does jab stuff.

Doc:

SH fair. SH bair. Run off platform fair. Use a lot of fair & bair. Space them. Air needles are pretty good too. Grabbing him is really good, too, and your ground movement is better. F-tilt is dangerous against shields if they're good but most of them suck (they can up smash oos but only Shroomed does it). Crouch cancel > block, d-smash, or grab if he jabs (Docs like to jab > d-smash so CC > block > WD oos punish works a lot). His game is mostly centered around crouch-punishes, grab attempts, and getting under you with up tilt, uair, or up smash so if you play to avoid those you'll be fine. Your f-tilt ***** his aerial approaches.

If he camps pills, just charge needles and then prepare to engage him. It's easy to run under them, WD under them, crouch them, nair through them, bair to protect yourself from them, etc.

The combo tree is similar to that of Marth. On DI away, d-throw > dash attack isn't 100% guaranteed (jumpable, possibly even vulnerable to Up+B) but it works enough that I recommend it anyway up to about 45%. After that, f-tilt or fair (or get creative with nair or something).

Mario:

Treat it exactly the same as Doc only expect Marios to be more aggressive about holding the middle & stuff. If you go berserk with aerials you might get f-smashed so play a bit more grounded. You can also be f-smashed if you go for nooby shield grabs and whatever on spaced moves, so don't do that. They're gonna try to bait you into being f-smashed a lot. So block, stay spaced, etc. It's not a great plan on their part or anything, but it's easy to get complacent when you have a big character advantage. If you deny them their random smash attacks & grabs, there's not much Mario can do about you.
Um, what do you mean by "block", KK? Do you mean preemptively put up my shield?

Just got back from rom. Omg in brackets literally 4 of the 6 players I played we're sheik mains >____>

To be expected.... <.< Seriously though, many smashers main some other char + Shiek (like me :p).

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well I know that tope, banks and from what I've seen silent swag mains sheik and uses them almost exclusively in tourney. M2k is the only one that doesn't really fit

Banks

Smash Hero
I've never seen that.... Well I'm sure he knew I'd go fox in any case and probably thought its easier to win with sheik than fox.

if i ever use fox it's in pools at like mass madness or something, never usually take the gamble in bracket. especially at something like RoM lol

btw do you know if our set got recorded? I thought it did

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
if i ever use fox it's in pools at like mass madness or something, never usually take the gamble in bracket. especially at something like RoM lol

btw do you know if our set got recorded? I thought it did
Tbh It was really early in the bracket so I don't really remember off the top of my head. Might have been though, there recording setups everywhere.

And yea haha I think at rom I went all Marth in pools. Except vs Mattdotzeb since he cped me with brinstar xD.

Soap what me and you need to battle for red sheikah temple.

Twix

Smash Cadet
I probably play smash somewhere in the nature of 6-7 hours a week with friends. Once I get my new cube and **** I'll be practicing by myself at least an hour a day.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Tekk/Kaffei are you being serious? How do you play that much?

back when i had a TON of motivation for the game, i used to play 6-8 hours a day with Oro!?, ORLY, LoOshKiN and others. Totaled to 40+ hours a week. This lasted for a solid 6 months then dropped about in half for another 6 months or so.

Top Bottom