• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
joejoe:

You seem afraid to hit Peach with... anything. Well, anything but aerials. Here's some general stuff about the matchup. Specifics for you are after.

vs Floating Peach

just slap her out of her float she's close enough. then do sheik combos like fair > f-tilt > fair or whatever you can.

otherwise just charge needles and wd back, or do similar spacing games until she *is* close enough. walking forward and f-tilting is okay if she's not out of the f-tilt's vertical range.

vs grounded Peach

run around and look for chances to grab her. avoid being dash attacked. avoid being down tilted. avoid being down smashed. if you're kind of far from her, it's worthwhile to charge needles (and throw them every now and then) to see if you can coax her into shielding or jumping (so you can counter it).

random tip: you can sh nair through turnip > aerial approaches and then combo off the nair. it's very good.

you can space aerials on grounded peach but i don't recommend anything but bair, fair, and aerial needles at low percents.

for you, specifically, you need to grab a lot more than you currently are. so often you put pressure on his shield and land stray hits but a lot of it could be replaced with "grab" and it would work, do more damage, setup better, etc.

you're also jumping with aerials a lot when he's clearly baiting it for dash dance > dash attack (or similar). here are some alternatives to diversify your game: wavelanding away, empty sh > block, or simply using sheik's better ground mobility + evasion + shield to beat peach's ground game.

use more uair in combos.

3chairz

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I've always known that there was a social thread, but for some reason never thought about posting here.

btw you know how characters like falcon and spacies always have these random videos with fun stuff like 6 knees or highest % to shine bair (with falco)? I feel like sheik should have that too. Like a weird combo video or something.

I think that a combo that starts with or incorporates run off up b would be pretty damn cool. I'm thinking like fair -> run off up b (I think if you do it right, you can just float off and grab the ledge without puffing) -> ledgehop uair -> utilt -> soft nair or bair -> dash attack -> utilt -> tipper usmash on ganon maybe?

soap

Smash Hero
I think that a combo that starts with or incorporates run off up b would be pretty damn cool. I'm thinking like fair -> run off up b (I think if you do it right, you can just float off and grab the ledge without puffing) -> ledgehop uair -> utilt -> soft nair or bair -> dash attack -> utilt -> tipper usmash on ganon maybe?
this is kind of nonsense, you can't plan your combos out that far

to start with, the poof won't connect off the fair. try downthrow near the edge, or dash attack/ftilt di'ed away. something with a 45ish degree launch over the edge

Maybe something cool with Poof could be done on Jungle Japes.
loool

Someone get soap here.

He's the only one that would know lol
rewinding back to a time where I actually played

FlipX

Smash Ace
So you can dash attack and boost grab WAY after your dash animation. Is this common knowledge? It seems so good with tech chasing. If you are in one of those spots where you know that fox is going to get the spot dodge in but you just go for the the grab anyway, you can do dash to delayed boost grab to beat it (in theory, I haven't actually tried it yet). Seems better than just walking up and waiting/hoping for a spot dodge because they aren't really forced to use it if you do that, the dash is more threatening. And worst comes to worst you can just dash dance out of it. So many options mannnnn.

Meta game broken.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hey Vocal what's that brown stuff on your nose? :troll:

Seriously, though, that was definitely one of the best Sheik combos ever on a space animal.
Seriously. Amsah's combo creativity is always impressive and M2K's gimps are incredible, but that combo right there is the single greatest combo I have seen from any Sheik ever. Mad props

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Thanks Kirby. Really gives me an outline to work with. I like how you put it hahaha
I forgot 3 useful things...

1. Bair ***** her if she's in range to be Baired out of her float.

2. If she's doing a lot of turnip > aerial approaches, after like 40%+ you can Nair through them and then follow with... stuff. The reason you need to wait is because if you will just be counterattacked at lower percent and trading is bad.

3. Bair works vs turnip > aerial approaches at a lot of ranges because her leg is out for longer and other stuff so low percents if you want to interrupt them, do that. Or develop a catch game like Amsah. Or both, since versatility *****.

edit:

Uhhh, thanks guys about that combo but I've done that combo (and several others like it) about a hundred times. Probably more, actually.

But yeah, Sheik actually has a really complex, interesting combo game that can lead to absolutely vicious KOs. There's a lot of stuff people don't really know or bother figuring out about this character. Dair is crazy good and leads to some really sick stuff. There's also a bunch of really neat ways to use it. Needles still aren't used anywhere near their full potential. I'm realizing they're actually a really good combo finisher on floaties just because it's easy to hit them on a floaty after a Fair and it adds like 18% to your combo. Up smash is also a really cool move with a lot of useful little properties. Uair has a lot of useful stuff about it too and is really fun to combo with in general. She's got a lot of fun stuff. People just never use it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Gay > Effective according to most Sheiks, I guess.
Fix'd

Her aerials all do like 12-13%. Her tilts do like 7-8%. Her aerials have less lag after hitting because l-cancel lag is not much, and more favourable trajectories (so you probably get more hits). You still have weak hitboxes to use at high percents. These are all very good traits.

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
I guess I was thinking more along the lines of reverse fair if anything else when it came to "fun stuff."

I understand, though. Sheik seems to be largely untapped at high level, based on what you posted before. Why do you think that is?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Because most sheik players like to use sub-optimal combos.

I dunno why, they just do lol.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'd like to forward metagame but I don't think I even have a large enough grasp on the basics :( Is DTilt a good move to use? I use it fairly often but I can't quite tell if it's a bad idea or not.

crush

Smash Master
Whenever I play falcon against sheik I hate it when she d tilts cuz she gets to tilt my shield and I can't shieldgrab her cuz she's too low and its hard to Nair her.

:phone:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
4 whole days without a single post? Tsk tsk Sheiks, I need something to read when I come here to browse late at night - otherwise what's the point of lurking?

Top Bottom