• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stun after getting spiked into an active trampoline

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
I've noticed that when an opponent spikes me hard into my trampoline that still has bounces left, when I come back up, I am unable to move Pacman still. In the example below, ganondorf spikes me down into the first bounce. When I come up, I was at optimal height to grab the ledge as I planned, but pacman would not make any horizontal movement and went straight down again. This has happened before as I'm assuming the rest of you have experienced. The question being, is there some input that I don't know during this set of events that can prevent that stall and allow me to move on that bounce back up? Or are we set in stun and nothing that can be done?

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
So in other words, Trampoline is basically a reverse footstool then?
Can stop knockback but not hitstun?

Also, nice tech on the lip there OP.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
This is something that must have been patched in. It didn't always work like that.

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
yeah its happened to me before. it garentees that you can probably punish whoever spiked you but if its on bounce 3, your dead

Top Bottom