• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stupid stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Yoshi 85

Smash Cadet
I looked in a Walmart ad a couple weeks ago, promoting items for this holiday season, and I see the Wii, next to a picture of Brawl. Some fine print said: Available 12/3. Then I saw a Toys R Us commercial, and it showed some holiday gifts, and it showed off a Wii and some cover art for Guitar Hero 3 and Brawl right next to it.
Why the hell don't some stores seem to know that Brawl is coming out in Febuary?

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
The companies made the ads before the delay was announced. It takes a while to make the ads and then ship them. Same with commercials

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
They know it comes out in February, they just have to make the ads pretty far ahead of time.
I reserved brawl yesterday and they assured us that it was coming out on Feb. 10th, despite the reserve form whatchamacallit saying Dec. 3.

Gomolka

Smash Apprentice
Lol yeahh I have seen this multiple times. There are still ads in my GameStop (sadly) that say Brawl: December 3! Reserve your copy today!

So.. yeah.. it happens =P

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Same for Best Buy. We even had an ad with a guy playing Guitar Hero... in the ad the following week the same picture had the guy's guitar edited out and replaced with a microphone advertising Rock Band.

(I work at Best Buy btw, that's why I said "we".)

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Have you guys read the Nintendo Power for this month? They have a cover for Brawl-and get this-they still said it was coming out in December! Also, nothing October 10th and foward was covered.
Yet the same month's Game Informer had Sonic and the delay covered just fine...
But what really scares me is in the NP article, they made reference to the Smash Dojo, and they it was worth going to for the picture captions alone...*throws up a little*

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
According to what I've heard where I work (Wal-mart) and Gamestop is that the delay happened so suddenly that there was no time to reprint material for the new date.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Gamestop is not on the ball around here. Most have not heard about anything besides halo and CoD4. No, I don't mean they haven't heard of smash, they haden't even heard of Counter Strike Or the orange box, or half life in general..

I also saw some dude take a game out of a used case, and put it in the new case ._.

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
If Wal-mart or some other store still has ads saying that Brawl will be released on Dec. 3 by said date, I'll go there just for the lulz.

Maeotian

Smash Cadet
A bit of advice:

Never trust videogame stores when youre looking for release dates. They'll do nothing but disappoint you. I konw, from my experiences with a little game called "TP"

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
I had TP reserved for 2 years. AND I hadd to pay 10 extra to switch it to Wii, a desicion I later regretted.
Gamestop is actually pretty decent around here. Except for this one employ who though the WII ZAPPER was an xbox game. THE WII ZAPPER.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I had TP reserved for 2 years. AND I hadd to pay 10 extra to switch it to Wii, a desicion I later regretted.
Gamestop is actually pretty decent around here. Except for this one employ who though the WII ZAPPER was an xbox game. THE WII ZAPPER.
The wii zapper is the surge protector I bought..

Buy yourself a good surge protector kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom