• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stupidest nerf?

wangston

Smash Lord
Nerfing Jigg's rest was the dumbest move ever. Who cares if it put's some lame flower on there head, I want to KO at 30%.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The most stupid nerf was removing hitstun.

The most stupid CHARACTER nerf was probably Falcon's Knee. With the multiple air dodge system, crazy recovery for all and lack of hitstun it wouldn't even be as effective.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Falcon's knee-nerf is like half good and half bad. The knockback should have remained the same as in Melee, but I actually like the way you actually have to hit with HIS KNEE now, rather than, like, his whole body. :laugh: But to nerf the rest of him wasn't really necessary

But, really, was Jigglypuff imbalanced enough to deserve an EVERYTHING nerf? Rest, Pound, smashes, EVERY AERIAL...Don't think so.

Rambopuff must be off killing insurgents in Africa or something, because 'shiny' or not, this new Puff can't compare.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
But, really, was Jigglypuff imbalanced enough to deserve an EVERYTHING nerf? Rest, Pound, smashes, EVERY AERIAL...Don't think so.

Rambopuff must be off killing insurgents in Africa or something, because 'shiny' or not, this new Puff can't compare.
Absolute stupidest nerf of all: New Puff has no green headband. Without the headband, she is nothing. Ah, if only the headband could return....

I think Mario's final smash got worse.
Seriously, man. His Melee one was so much better...

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
The biggest nerf is combos/lcancles. Stupidest nerf is tripping, although it isnt really a nerf. and thats pretty it lol.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Well Falcon had the biggest nerf, but as you specifically asked for the most stupid one, I'd have to say Jiggly. Nobody thought Jiggly needed any nerfing since Melee. Whatever Nintendo person said "Jiggly is just to good, we need to nerf her badly" was just wrong.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Absolute stupidest nerf of all: New Puff has no green headband. Without the headband, she is nothing. Ah, if only the headband could return....
Yes, exactly! Headband Jigglypuff owned. I have no idea why they removed it in Brawl (but apparently almost all Melee Jiggs mainers used the crown anyway T_T;; ).

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Peach only has 1 jump. Her second one is actually her shivering at the thought process of Sakurai.

The Mute City song. I like the Melee version so much more than the Brawl one.

Fox's appearance. His new face makes him look too juvenile. And chunky.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Link's Spin Attack. It gave him space when he needed it most. Sure, the semi-spike it had in Melee was annoying and probably deserved to go, but it shouldn't have been so nerfed.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
The screeching sound effect from Ness's Homerun Bat Smash being nerfed to a "clunk".

SlyNinja

Smash Rookie
As an ex-C.Falcon user I can say Captain Falcon got what can only be described as inhumane nerfs from SSBM to Brawl.

Captain Falcon was awesome in SSBM, he had everything a fighter needed to win a match with a bit more.

But that nerf to the knee....dear god, making it's hit box AND sweet-spot smaller was just ridiculous.

He went from Top Tier to "Honestly, I don't even think fanboys use these characters" tier.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Nerfs: All of Zelda, Luigi's n air, all of G A W.
Bad Nerfs: Peach down smash, Falcon's knee and d air, Foxes up smash, Jiggles' down special only because it's harder to hit.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Nerfs: All of Zelda, Luigi's n air, all of G A W.
Bad Nerfs: Peach down smash, Falcon's knee and d air, Foxes up smash, Jiggles' down special only because it's harder to hit.
....There aren't Nerfs and Bad Nerfs.

Nerfs make a character worse. The word you want for the first one is buffs.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Ganondorf's Wizard's Foot back in Melee actually did make KOs. Now it's just pathetic in the killing department. In fact, just about everything about him is lame in Brawl. Good thing that I don't main that piece of dead weight.
Ganon's down-B in the air kills like crazy. What are you talking about? Ganon feels weaker compared to Melee, but he is still usable IMHO. It's probably because I alays play him, but he didn't get screwed over as badly as others.

Samus's Charge Shot does nothing. I was at abut 205% before I got killed from that move. Link is the same as he was in Melee, except his projectiles aren't as good and he can't recover. Peach for some reason only has one jump. Shiek is just weak. And everytime I try to play Captain Falcon, I feel helpless.

Top Bottom