• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuttered DSmash

Staco

Smash Champion
I dont know if this is already known.
If you Dash you can cancel the Dash startup with an FSmash. The thing I want to show is that you can cancel it with an DSmash, but this must be used directly when starting the dash, so you wont move.

Dash and then cancel the Dash with a new Dash, then cancel the 2nd dash with a DSmash and you move a bit forward, because of the first Dash.

Then it looks like dash to wrong way DSmash.

Ill post a video soon.

nickTAS

Smash Rookie
Don't. This has been known since the days of SSB. It's called a stutter step, or pivot smash.

Staco

Smash Champion
Don't. This has been known since the days of SSB. It's called a stutter step, or pivot smash.
Ah, I explained it wrong.
The thing I want to show is the stuttered backwards DSmash.
You Dash Dance one time an directly DSmash with the second Dash.
When you do this, you are moving one dashdance length forward and then immediatly doing a worng way turned DSmash.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I get your point, maybe because I live in a country next to you :p...
But anyways, interesting, can't wait for the vid.

nickTAS

Smash Rookie
No, I dont mean this.
I mean another thing.
You are doing a wrong way DSmash right after the start of the Dash. Not at the end of the dash.

It really seems to be sth. new. Ill post a video later.
In the video the person playing is turning around and doing a Down smash. Although it looks like he is doing it at the end of his dash, he is actually dashing twice. He is just doing it very fast.

Staco

Smash Champion
But he isnt doing, what I want to show.
Ill make a video tomorrow.

Luigi player

Smash Master
This has been known for a long time. You barely move and its pointless.
This. I tried it out when there was a thread about it some time ago, but it really doesn't change much, so I didn't start using it and completely forgot about it, lol.

Top Bottom