• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On You! Two! A Western New York Tournament. March 13th Payout and Stages vote

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
for brawl, i think we should follow apex's rules

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Alt's going to the strip club after ya'll lose. Not me tho, I'm sick in Brawl(I wish)

Pyro mains low tier, even in Melee, he can't be expected to use MetaSnake.
I main low tier in melee. Unfortunately I main diddy in brawl, with secondaries as shiek, link, and pit. although I don't really play pit anymore because he's boring. but i did play diddy right when the game came out, so i can't be held accountable for my tier choices.

also @everyone:
Right now I have a stage list for the melee part of the RIT tourney which is this stage list +corneria, +pokefloats. I'll be posting the tournament after this one is over, then discuss.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Debating entering the Brawl tournament at this point.

On one hand, my Marth is actually halfway decent.
On the other, no it's not, I only know like half the matchups lol

I'll enter the Brawl tournament to support the Smash community, but don't expect me to place very high. I lose to Sonics >.<

Also some part of me wants very very badly to get high with Manalord. I figure if Kage's not gonna be around...

Foy

Smash Champion
I probably won't be doing the whole cannibus thing prior to the tournament.

Also......my squirtle is legit.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
A lot of people including myself. Are entering melee For the sake of the community though we know were not amazing nor gonna win. Melee players should definitely do the same for brawl. i support this 100% :] Win or lose its about support the community and getting our region more hype for other to come down. Which means more entrants in our tournaments and fatter pots so people spark interested in tournament for upstate.

Edit: I love how melee actually has official tournament counterpick list while brawls has this half ***'d piece of **** goggles put together.

altairian

Smash Lord
The brawl backroom is stupid and hasn't updated the stagelist in forever. All of the cp's goggles has are on the list of legal cp's (some are on counter/banned, but still legal...).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Edit: I love how melee actually has official tournament counterpick list while brawls has this half ***'d piece of **** goggles put together.
Is there a bbr stage list? I'd enter brawl if the counterpicks weren't so stupid
Why dont you douchebags actually take a look at the SBR recommended stage list before you jump down my throat, since its obvious you dont know what you are talking about.

OH WAIT....

There IS NO concrete recommended stage list.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481

SBR-B said:
Stage Lists

TOs must move stages from the starter/counterpick into either the starter or counterpick categories and must move stages from counterpick/banned into either the counterpick or banned categories.

Stages in the Starter/Counter and Counter/Banned list did not receive 2/3 majority, indicating no consensus could be reached on the stage.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counter/Banned
Distant Planet (moved from C)
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

As you ***gs can see, Jungle Japes and Pictochat (the ones I hear the most complaining about) are CLEARLY MARKED as legal counterpicks.

if you really want me to follow the sbr as best I can, we will have this tourament with 22 legal stages. would that be better for you?

In conclusion, I do my best to give the community as much say in the rulings of my tournaments as possible, anybody that wants to continue to complain, and whine even after I make these consessions can lick my nuts

EDIT @ altairian, it hasnt even been a full year since this current ruleset was implemented, why do you feel that a community ruleset should be changed more often than that? its not like a tier list that needs to be updated every 6 months...

altairian

Smash Lord
That stage list is almost a year old now o_o
The community as a whole has definitely said "**** no" to quite a few of those stages.

I'm not knocking your stage list goggles (aside from green greens if that's still on XD) cause I feel that limiting the stage list too much is boring, but the SBR definitely needs to get off their ***** and update the brawl stage list and such.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
That stage list is almost a year old now o_o
The community as a whole has definitely said "**** no" to quite a few of those stages.

I'm not knocking your stage list goggles (aside from green greens if that's still on XD) cause I feel that limiting the stage list too much is boring, but the SBR definitely needs to get off their ***** and update the brawl stage list and such.

Atlantic north =/= community as a whole, just because inu! is a douche and only allows 10 stages doesnt mean thats how it is everywhere, Midwest tournaments actually have a quite sizable stage list a lot of the time.

also, i think its funny how you say they need to stop being lasy when they just put out a tier list, almost 3 weeks ahead of schedule, like they arent doing anything...

also, about 3 months ago, werent you the one arguing to legalise norfair?

altairian

Smash Lord
..did you actually read what I said?

The BBR stage list is OLD. It still has **** like Luigi's Mansion on it. Nobody in their right mind uses that stage (the dude who runs those midwest tourneys is a ****ing idiot, i'm not gonna name him cause i don't want him namesearching :p ).

I'm in favor of using as many GOOD stages as possible. I don't think japes should be banned, I'm still on the fence on norfair being banned (that was about 6 months ago btw, and I ended up winning the game against jesse on norfair at that tourney). But the official stage list needs an update. Tier lists are completely meaningless, stage lists are not.

Sharky

Smash Master
meh, it doesn't bug me too much. If you guys want the stages removed, just learn them and **** goggles on them. I'm totally teaching 13370 how to work hanenbow for doubles.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
..did you actually read what I said?

EDIT @ altairian, it hasnt even been a full year since this current ruleset was implemented, why do you feel that a community ruleset should be changed more often than that? its not like a tier list that needs to be updated every 6 months...
was my responce to what you said. You must have not seen it.

The BBR stage list is OLD. It still has **** like Luigi's Mansion on it. Nobody in their right mind uses that stage (the dude who runs those midwest tourneys is a ****ing idiot, i'm not gonna name him cause i don't want him namesearching :p ).
last I checked midwest is one of the few regions that is getting a noticible increase in tournament attendance... maybe its because they dont do things the same way everyone else does... maybe hes not as much of an idiot as you think....
I'm in favor of using as many GOOD stages as possible. I don't think japes should be banned, I'm still on the fence on norfair being banned (that was about 6 months ago btw, and I ended up winning the game against jesse on norfair at that tourney). But the official stage list needs an update. Tier lists are completely meaningless, stage lists are not.
good stages are subjective.
meh, it doesn't bug me too much. If you guys want the stages removed, just learn them and **** goggles on them. I'm totally teaching 13370 how to work hanenbow for doubles.

this^

and who knows, once you learn the stage you might find out its not as gay or broken as you thought.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I tried giving green greens a chance and failed last couple of times :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I told you guys before If enough people dont want distant planet or green greens legal Ill ban them.

all the other stages, however, are non-negotiable.

after saturday i wont be making anymore rule changes so figure out what you want changed, and tell me soon.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Just for this, if neil out places you, or if you get 4th, Im going to give your money to the next person in line.
Yea, except you can't.

If people want top 4 for singles, and there is enough demand for it, and we have ENOUGH of a turn out for this to be feasible, go for it.

But for teams it seems really out of the question with the pay outs so low already. AND cyber storm dipping into our pot.

If you can try to work with them on a set venue fee instead of scooping off an entire 10%.

altairian

Smash Lord
was my responce to what you said. You must have not seen it.
I didn't, lol. It doesn't matter if it's been 1 year or 1 week, if you're the BBR and 99% of the entire country is only using half the stages on your stage list, you need to stop and take a look at it and figure out why, and what you should change.

Going back to the giant debate on norfair we had, you guys all said that you gave it a chance, and it's not balanced. Well shouldn't the BBR come to that conclusion as well and put it on the banned list already? Their entire counter/banned category can and probably should move to straight banned. But it's not happening because the BBR is too busy coming up with pointless tier lists that don't mean ****.

And about the midwest being the only region with growing tournament scenes...that's just silly. VC had 121+ people packed in to a tiny venue on a weekend where snow canceled flights and kept others from wanting to drive. Our own tournaments have gone from 20 entrants to 40 in the span of a few months. Oh yeah, and I remember reading a post a while back from a top midwest player speaking out AGAINST the stage lists being used in the midwest.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I didn't, lol. It doesn't matter if it's been 1 year or 1 week, if you're the BBR and 99% of the entire country is only using half the stages on your stage list, you need to stop and take a look at it and figure out why, and what you should change.

Going back to the giant debate on norfair we had, you guys all said that you gave it a chance, and it's not balanced. Well shouldn't the BBR come to that conclusion as well and put it on the banned list already? Their entire counter/banned category can and probably should move to straight banned. But it's not happening because the BBR is too busy coming up with pointless tier lists that don't mean ****.

And about the midwest being the only region with growing tournament scenes...that's just silly. VC had 121+ people packed in to a tiny venue on a weekend where snow canceled flights and kept others from wanting to drive. Our own tournaments have gone from 20 entrants to 40 in the span of a few months. Oh yeah, and I remember reading a post a while back from a top midwest player speaking out AGAINST the stage lists being used in the midwest.

I honestly read this and forgot what was going on. So this responce is not sarcasm.

What do you want, again?

you were arguing something but now I dont even know what you wanted as a result

Top Bottom