• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subject on Alt. Costumes

Would you want Lucina as an Alternate Costume of Marth?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander

Smash Ace
I am surprised that I didn't respond to this thread yet. Lucina is probably my favorite Fire Emblem character, I just want her in the game. She can be Masked Marth, she can be a costume for Chrom, she can be his tag-team partner, she can be an assist trophy, I don't really care. I just want her in the game. ;)

I would prefer if voice-acting was involved, but it isn't entirely necessary.
The LST released a very nice Marth skin of Lucina.

Graydient

Smash Cadet
I initially thought swapping Marth for "Marth" would be a good idea, but spending more time on the thought, I realized trying to have Lucina swapped over Marth would seem weird.

It goes without saying that males are taller than females. ♂ WFT as a swap works for ♀ WFT because they can merely scale his height, passing him off as a shorter male.

On the other hand, Marth is tall for human characters, especially since he stands upright. Lucina isn't known to be a towering figure, she's a head shorter than Chrom.

I honestly feel like I'm making a "Ridley is too big" argument, but Lucina is too short. lol

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I initially thought swapping Marth for "Marth" would be a good idea, but spending more time on the thought, I realized trying to have Lucina swapped over Marth would seem weird.

It goes without saying that males are taller than females. ♂ WFT as a swap works for ♀ WFT because they can merely scale his height, passing him off as a shorter male.

On the other hand, Marth is tall for human characters, especially since he stands upright. Lucina isn't known to be a towering figure, she's a head shorter than Chrom.

I honestly feel like I'm making a "Ridley is too big" argument, but Lucina is too short. lol
They could just alter the hitboxes and change some animations but I'm gonna stick by what I said about costumes being actual costumes not characters

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I don't like the idea of costumes being seperate characters. It really degrades them as a character and fans of either character wouldn't really be satisfied I don't think.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Lucina is a must have in Super Smash Bros for 3ds and Wii U, even if she's just a alternative costume for Marth.

First off who cares about stupid voice acting, I can't understand what Marth says anyway and his voice is kind of high pitched so it's already feminine to begin with.

Also I don't even see what how this so called ruining Marth's fabulous thing is even relevant, if anything it makes Marth a character worth more to play as because not only is he freaken Marth, bt he's also Lucina, a female character, we'd finally get to play as a female FE character.

Say if we got stupid Chrom or Ike and no female FE character was added, I'd rather play as a Lucina costume for Marth than nothing, and then she's a stupid Assist Trophy, save the Assist Trophy for a different FE chick such as Mia.

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
I don't care how; I just want Lucina in the game. (Preferably a fighter or alternate costume)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Yes.

Simple Answer: It wouldn't change how Marth looks

Obvious Answer: Play Awakening for 5 minutes.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Yes! I've been saying this forever! Give her her own voice as well.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I don't like the idea of costumes being seperate characters.
This I agree with this 100%.

For instance, I don't like the idea of Luigi having a Waluigi alternate costume, besides the obvious palate swap, It's still Luigi, just cosplaying as Waluigi. In a similar vein, I don't like the idea of Olimar having an alternate Louie costume, because the announcer would still say Olimar, or in another instance,I don't like the idea of Isaac having a Matthew alternate costume for the same reason.

However this situation is different.

Lucina goes by the name Marth initially in Fire Emblem Awakening and hides her true identity behind a mask. So as long as she wears the mask in Smash Bros, I think they could get away with this. Marth and "Marth" have a similar build regardless and even use the same weapon. Canon-wise, everything matches up.

Here's another example of the same scenario: Link having an alternate costume as Skyward Sword Link, which everyone generally seems to support. Technically they ARE two separate characters, a reincarnation perhaps, but separated by centuries of history as our two Marths are. Both named Link, both wield they same weapon, same build, and no body is going to complain that Twilight Princess Link and Skyward Sword Link aren't the same person. Same exact situation as the two Marths.

In short, I say yes. Masked Lucina should be a Marth alternate costume. But they had better remove male Marth's voice when playing as her. Otherwise, that's just creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom