• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Successor of Earth! Saki for SSB4 DLC! (Vote for him in SSB4 Website!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Your banners look sexy as always, N3ON. ;)
I have several more in the works, but some characters really don't have too much to work with. We might be seeing a few more 2D-art ones.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
N30N: Thanks so much again!!! You're just the best N30N! (Don't worry if there's no 3D render because this works just fiine~)

Saki is a little cutie when he lets his hair down, huh.

(I keep finding old doodles)
Oasis: Ain't he? (>-´3`-<)

Someone should mess with his hair and he'd have some start to cosplay Isaac without a trace.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
If either Saki or Isa shows up in the upcoming Wii U Sin and Punishment game then I would think they have a good claim to a starting spot. That is if Sakurai was aware of this before locking in the final roster.
I'm pretty shocked that there hasn't been a post here since March. Would be a very unique interesting character with a respectable chance of inclusion.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If either Saki or Isa shows up in the upcoming Wii U Sin and Punishment game then I would think they have a good claim to a starting spot. That is if Sakurai was aware of this before locking in the final roster.
I'm pretty shocked that there hasn't been a post here since March. Would be a very unique interesting character with a respectable chance of inclusion.

This is assuming, of course, that there is an upcoming Sin & Punishment for Wii U, which... is very unlikely, given the reception of the last one.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This is assuming, of course, that there is an upcoming Sin & Punishment for Wii U, which... is very unlikely, given the reception of the last one.
Right, my bad. I thought I had read that it was confirmed they were working on a new one for the Wii U.
Upon double checking now it looks like there are only rumours that they are working on a S&P for the 3DS.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Right, my bad. I thought I had read that it was confirmed they were working on a new one for the Wii U.
Upon double checking now it looks like there are only rumours that they are working on a S&P for the 3DS.
What rumor might this be? I'd say a return to S&P, no matter what platform, is unlikely, given S&P2 bombing pretty hard and Treasure not liking to work on sequels anyway. Really the only thing that could perhaps ignite enough interest in a sequel is if Saki or Isa is included in Smash beforehand.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
What rumor might this be? I'd say a return to S&P, no matter what platform, is unlikely, given S&P2 bombing pretty hard and Treasure not liking to work on sequels anyway. Really the only thing that could perhaps ignite enough interest in a sequel is if Saki or Isa is included in Smash beforehand.
When you say it got poor reception do you mean in terms of sales?
Just checked out its Metacritic rating which is an excellent 87% and 8.3 user rating.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/sin-and-punishment-star-successor/critic-reviews

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, I just meant sales, where it did pretty poorly. Sorry, should've specified, I agree it was a good game. ;)Embarrass

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah, good ol' Saki, who everyone thinks is a girl. :p

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he managed to get in.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
As a fan of the Sin & Punishment series, I would love to see Saki Amamiya in Smash 4. I fancy he would have great power and agility, but poor defense.

And, though I doubt it would ever happen, I would love to see a remake of Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth for either the 3DS or Wii U. Even now, I still occasionally play the game when I am bored. I think I play Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth more than I play Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies, though I do like both equally.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Next to Takamaru, Saki is definitely one of my most wanted Sm4sh characters. I just hate seeing such wavering support for such an awesome character. Literally the moment I show people how he plays in his games, and I tell my friends "this is a nintendo game" they always say he should be in the next Smash.

Honestly hoping that Sakurai borrowing aspects from Sin and Punishment for Uprising is a good sign Saki is in.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai's bias is pretty much our best chance for Saki. Let's hope he's not as resistant to his own bias as he is with his own characters.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know she was from Sin and Punishment. Never thought about it before, but I would actually really like it if she was playable. If her movements are anything like Brawl's assist trophy, I'd imagine she'd be a very versatile character.

Edit: So she's a he? lol. That just increases my desire to play as him.

Hong

The Strongest
;~; Isa is kind of hot... though I would be delighted to settle for Saki.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Although I would prefer Isa, I wouldn't mind if his daddy's playable instead. In the end, I'd really love a S&P fighter. Dat Cannon Sword yo...

I'm hoping that we'll get some S&P content like a stage and music. For stage ideas, I think a moving/scrolling (like Halberd or whatevs) stage would work well, given how S&P has fast-paced action.

Some music ideas:

- Risk One's Neck - S&P
- Blood Infactor - S&P
- Menu - S&P2
- Stage 1 - S&P2
- Nebulox - S&P2
- Hakai - S&P2

Also (for those who haven't read this already): Iwata Asks: S&P

Also, also, basically Iwata Asks, but in vid form:

The vid also shows some concept art. For example:

[collapse=Uhhh no comment]

[/collapse]

I realize the games have a niche market, and somewhat obscure. That's why I'm posting all this info. As you can probably tell I'm a big S&P fan. :chuckle:

Anyway, let's hope Saki will get some love in Sm4sh!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
He NEEDS to have a B-tilt slash+reflect attack. It´d be a slash that works like a faster version of Mario´s cape.

Because we need more reflects that LOOK cool.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I think I've ignored Saki's games for long enough. I believe a friend of mine has his game for the Virtual Console and I don't think it would be difficult to find the sequel online. After Mario 3D Land and possibly Twilight Princess I will prioritize this game series next.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think I've ignored Saki's games for long enough. I believe a friend of mine has his game for the Virtual Console and I don't think it would be difficult to find the sequel online. After Mario 3D Land and possibly Twilight Princess I will prioritize this game series next.

I bought the game almost "blindly", and I still get my money's worth out of it. :D

I'm surprised at how challenging it is in its NORMAL difficulty. But it's basically until you get used to the akward control scheme. (Be aware that this game was made when there was only ONE joystick in the controller).

This needs to be a color scheme for Saki

Speaking of which, if there totally ARE mandatory clones, Airan is very high on my list.

Hong

The Strongest
Just played through the first game again. Currently replaying Star Successor. Either Isa or Saki would transist so, so well into Smash Bros. @~@

Also, Isa now has his own thread, though it is not as good as this one.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Am I the only one who thinks Saki is like in the Top 3 most likely Nintendo character to get into SSB?

I mean those details... The resources used for Saki can't simply fade away. Plus, I really feel Sakurai wanted this character to be playable, but he had to be regretfully cut from the playable roster.

I still think he's going to be one of the first new batch of newcomers to be included, contrary to popular rosters around here. [] _ []

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Wasn't Saki added thanks to fan out cry from the re-release with the virtual console version of one? I would like to mention though, Saki's brawl model is really nothing special (No Assist Trophies really look that good when comparing them to fighters) So I kinda doubt Sakurai wanted him as a fighter initially, though him teasing fans by saying, "He fits in pretty well in Brawl, and rivals most of the main cast in coolness" (or something to the effect) makes me think that Sakurai is totally open to having him playable.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I support Saki for SSB4!

There's a lot he can do with a gun and a lazer sword. I always thought that many of the AT's were put in to see how fans would react to possibly seeing them playable characters in SSB4. Saki's got a chance of seeing playability! if not than maybe an AT again.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Last night I found out it turns out there is a Sin & Punishment manga.

I didn't research enough, but as far as I know, it's all in Japanese. :(
And from the looks of it, my amateur-level won't be enough to crack those kanji.

Anyway, nice to know.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Among the assist trophies, Saki has the closest combat style to a playable character. Sometimes I even mistake him for a player.
[collapse=Saki Melee Combo]

Saki uses a combo of strikes when he attacks with the blade[/collapse]
[collapse=Saki Shooting]

Saki shoots strait when he is on the ground, but downward at an angle when he is in the air. Also, he can double jump in the air.[/collapse]

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Sin and Punishment is on the top if my Virtual Console priorities, alongside Paper Mario and Link to the Past. So consider me a supporter. I like to use guns and jetpacks, plus Saki is indeed a beautiful woman :troll:. Kidding! He seems like a great rep for the series.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It baffles me why not many people support this character. O_o

His moveset potential is just insane, if you ask me.
Anytime he shows his face in a roster, somebody's like: "Where's Stafy" - "Replace Saki with ____" etc.

I think he's very likely. There's no way he'll be an Assist Trophy again. Playable Character is the next step for him.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
It baffles me why not many people support this character. O_o

His moveset potential is just insane, if you ask me.
Anytime he shows his face in a roster, somebody's like: "Where's Stafy" - "Replace Saki with ____" etc.

I think he's very likely. There's no way he'll be an Assist Trophy again. Playable Character is the next step for him.

I can't see why anyone would put Stafy at a higher priority. I don't even see how Stafy has a potential move set.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I remember hearing from sources Saki is more requested in Japan. I can see Sakurai putting him in whether or not people demand him because his Kid Icarus had a similar way of game play (Maybe Sakurai really loves the game Sin & Punishment). I do believe that was the case for his precious Ice climbers. I don't know how many people wanted the Ice climbers but they got in. Maybe, he wanted to introduce Saki before putting him in as a playable character, you know, because his game had just came overseas on the virtual counsel.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Sin and Punishment is on the top if my Virtual Console priorities, alongside Paper Mario and Link to the Past. So consider me a supporter. I like to use guns and jetpacks, plus Saki is indeed a beautiful woman :troll:. Kidding! He seems like a great rep for the series.
the jetpacks could work, but I see him as more of a hoverboard type of guy.
[collapse=hoverboard]
[/collapse]
he doesn't use the hoverboard in his game, but that doesn't mean he can't.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I can't see why anyone would put Stafy at a higher priority. I don't even see how Stafy has a potential move set.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I remember hearing from sources Saki is more requested in Japan. I can see Sakurai putting him in whether or not people demand him because his Kid Icarus had a similar way of game play (Maybe Sakurai really loves the game Sin & Punishment). I do believe that was the case for his precious Ice climbers. I don't know how many people wanted the Ice climbers but they got in. Maybe, he wanted to introduce Saki before putting him in as a playable character, you know, because his game had just came overseas on the virtual counsel.

Exactly!

I see Stafy as the joke character from the AT lineup, where as Saki looked to me like "The character that ALMOST seriously made it."

You can just tell by the ammount of effort put into each. :)

I think he's getting in, regardless of what people say. I say he's the most likely swordsman. He fights with a LASER SWORD, which is by definition, unique among the current roster. (Not to mention the sword is used as a gun too)

--

Oh hell YES on the hoverboard!!!

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Exactly!

I see Stafy as the joke character from the AT lineup, where as Saki looked to me like "The character that ALMOST seriously made it."

You can just tell by the ammount of effort put into each. :)

I think he's getting in, regardless of what people say. I say he's the most likely swordsman. He fights with a LASER SWORD, which is by definition, unique among the current roster. (Not to mention the sword is used as a gun too)

--

Oh hell YES on the hoverboard!!!
He was at least considered to be a playable character. I found his assist trophy page from the official SSBB Dojo, and at the bottom of the page it says:
brawl dojo said:
He rivals just about any main character. There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!
Source: http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/items/assist/assist12.html

As for what people say over here I think it's different for what people say over in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom