• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Such Villainy!!! Should More Villains be included in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Technically since you battle against other Pokemon, all the Pokemon characters could technically be considered anti heroes, depending on whether they're on your team, or the team of the trainer you're battling. Only reason why Mewtwo is seen as a villain is because of the movies, where he starred as an evil p\Pokemon who hated humans, and wanted to replace every Pokemon with a clone, just like him. Meowth/Weezing/Arbok also fall into the same category as they are villains of the anime. So either way all four of those characters are villians of Pokemon.

Sylux and Bowser Jr. are no-goes? Says who?
Sylux is a no-go because there is no way he would be picked over Dark Samus or Ridley (or Rundas) and it's unlikely Metroid is getting four reps.

Bowser jr.'s chances are way higher than the list I included him in, but Mario getting 6 reps?

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Sylux is a no-go because there is no way he would be picked over Dark Samus or Ridley (or Rundas) and it's unlikely Metroid is getting four reps.

Bowser jr.'s chances are way higher than the list I included him in, but Mario getting 6 reps?
Totally plausible. Mario is their flag-shipped franchise, the one that rescued the gaming industry, etc. Plus it's totally possible for Pokemon to have 6 or 7, why couldn't Mario have 6?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Totally plausible. Mario is their flag-shipped franchise, the one that rescued the gaming industry, etc. Plus it's totally possible for Pokemon to have 6 or 7, why couldn't Mario have 6?
Good points. I would love Bowser Jr. as a playanle character.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Whilst there is unlikely any actual limit on series representation, I don't see the Mario series gaining 6 reps this SSB, or see Pokémon surpassing it in representation amount. Perhaps that is me being hopeful though, preferring to see a greater focus on representation for series more in need of it, rather than series already well represented.

There are plenty of characters that could be added before even more Mario and Pokémon characters, including villains of other series.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Ganondorf - I would like to see him return, hopefully this time he's been delayed to be shown due to a "villains" trailer and possibly because he's receiving changes to his move set. More magic and sword specials.

Mewtwo - Would love to see Mewtwo return, it seems like one of the great injustices of brawl that he was cut. He's hecka' popular and remains highly relevant in games and anime.

Black Shadow - Highly underrated but I think he's just as worthy as Ridley or KKR. F-Zero only has one rep and since Captain Falcon is an original 12 and has had a few games (maybe not as of late) but still a handful of games. The series is deserving of another rep and no one more fitting than one of his prime enemies. With the potential to take some of Ganondorf's old moveset and have his own flare added to it. It seems like an easy addition that would take less dev time than an entirely new character.

Ridley - Massively popular, ever since the melee opening cinematic were he was playable size he just felt fitting as the second Metroid rep. Now we have ZSS but Ridley has had demand for a while now.

King K. Rool - The main villain of one of Nintendo's largest IP's Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong himself is a very iconic game character. KKR would bring more then just another DK rep to the table. It would bring a Rare character to the table. Nintendo seems to shut out Rare's characters in relation to Donkey Kong. Since Rare was such a significant part of Nintendo's history it would be nice to see K Rool represent it a bit. For me KKR is basically my Banjo Kazooie.

Giygas - I have personal expectations and this is one of them. A very slim to none chance. Giygas is the main villain of the mother/ earth bound series. I feel it's fitting the bring in the baddies of the series. Mother already has Ness and Lucas. We don't have a rep from mother 1 but we have Ness for 2 and Lucas for 3. Both of which are heroes. So it's logical to add a villain, also someone more relevant to mother 1. Giygas although didn't make much of an appearance it would give Sakurai a chance to make a new model for a the character and it would some what special to smash bros. Perhaps he could even partner with some of the original designers of Giygas over at the pokemon company. With this it would be okay to see him as a Mewtwo semi-clone. Not just due to the physical similarities from the same designers but also the fact Psychic and PKI are also used similarly. Would make a great obscure character.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
My personal list would be:
1) K. K. Rool (one of my favourite villan of one of the most important Nintendo´s IP. He could easly have many unique moves)
2) Bowser Jr. (maybe he is not as importan as other villians, but his painting hability could be intresting)
3) Medusa (is the most likely female and villian out there)
4) Grinham (personaly I would prefer the return of Ganondorf, BUT NOT "FALCONDORF")
5) Vaati (a cartoony zelda villian would be nice and his FS could be amazing too)
6) Masked Man (Sakurai said that he won´t put another EB character, but I think he could be a decent character)
7) Black Knight (after the reveal of Robin and Lucina, this was a cool option for another FE character and other villian, but I can't imagine any moveset for this character...)
8) Eggplant Wizard (an hilarious character, I can imagine this guy turning people into eggplants just like Yoshi does with his eggs)
9) Dr. Robotnik (he is a villian from other franchise, so I don't mind if he is not in)
10) Sylux (I know many people wants Ridley even if he is reduced, and I know that many wanted D.Samus, but I think that a villian from this serie would be intresting, but from all the other Metroid villians, Sylux could have a diferent style)

From all the villains I mentioned, only the two on the top of this list are important for me, but only K.K.Rool is the only one how can´t be out, his history, his varity moveset and the hype the most important character for adding to this game.

Some honorable mentions: Alex (first we need Isaac), Hades (Medusa is more iconic for Kid Icarus than him) and the return of Meta Knight (but less OP).

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
So.... I guess Sakurai saw this thread but misread it as Smash needs LESS villains.
Hence Wolf being cut and no new villains making it.
Unless you count Baby bowser who is a just a cute knock off of a villain.
(That is assuming the leak pic is taken after unlocking everybody).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom