• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Suggestion] Let TL's Fsmash carry him off ledges!

D

Deleted member

It's an interesting idea. I'll suggest it whenever I'm playing a dev build (Although it'll probably be denied because in reality that sounds silly)

B.W.

Smash Champion
It's not that silly. It used to be like that in Melee.

Popping on arrow on the ground completely blocked Samus' fully charged shot.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
While we're suggesting things here, I think the idea that Tink also needs to be able to pull his bombs out a little quicker than regular Link is a good idea.

And he should have a crawl animation like in Wind Waker.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
His bombs are already godly, no need to make them even better - particularly because that would encourage more campiness, which is terrible for the metagame.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Well Tink could use another reference to Wind Waker in the form of one of the main skills you learn in the game.
Also it could be used for baiting/mindgames, dodging projectiles and grabs, and it could probably introduce some kind of new tech to Tink players if PM adds it. Who knows?

Besides, its mainly a reference move, not all moves need to be used for playing a character. If you don't like crawling, don't crawl.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Things being added solely as reference moves isn't the best policy. Makes balancing weird, and is kind of sloppy game design.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Samus and Snake use it for positional advantage when zoning while Luigi has it to help with his poor approach game. It needs a reason, basically.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Samus kind of just has it because it's canon and they changed her roll animation. It's also a good tool for her to have but she wasn't given the ability to crawl for the sake of giving her another option.

Luigi's crawl also doesn't help his poor approach game. It really doesn't do anything actually. He crawls because he did so in Brawl.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Though weegee does have that sweet wavescuttle, s'true. I just think that additions for the sake of additions probably won't happen unless they're preexisting things like weegees crawl from brawl.

I know PMDT members have talked about not liking adding things just for the hell of it.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
It's not that Luigi has a bad approach game so much as a bunch of projectile-based characters have stupid keepaway games.

Top Bottom