• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestions?

piccols8

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know a good strategy for unlocking Ness and/or Captain Falcon? I'm having some trouble...

GOPrincessPeach

Smash Cadet
Both of them were easy to unlock for me since I'm a good Smash 64 player.

Ness:
How To Unlock: Beat the Game on Normal, 3 lives, and no continuing.
Suggestion: I used Yoshi. Use dair (Down Air) on your opponent to do a lot of damage. That could help you kill them fast. The only trouble I had is that Yoshi has no triple jump.

Captain Falcon:
How To Unlock: Beat the Game on any difficulty and lives within 20 minutes.
Suggestion: I used someone who's easy to use like Kirby. And he has 2 air attacks that do multiple damage! I usually combo with Kirby's Forward smash by repeating the attack. That only works if the opponent is low in damage. Bonus games count too. So try to kill yourself as fast as possible on bonus games.

That's my suggestions.

piccols8

Smash Rookie
Thanks! It's the weirdest thing-- I unlocked them a couple years ago but I can't now. I shall try your strategies and let you know how they work.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting at the fact that most of the people that play ssb64 have played for a while and have the characters unlocked. The idea that you a) are trying to unlock Ness and Falcon wayyyyyy after the game came out and b) registered for the forums, filled out profile, changed avvy etc. just to ask how to unlock said characters amuses the **** out of me.

piccols8

Smash Rookie
First of all, if you could read, you'd know that I did it before. Second of all, I joined becuase I thought it would be cool, not because I needed help. I know how to unlock them, I'm just having trouble doing it. It's igonorant people like you who are ruining the world, you know that?

GOPrincessPeach

Smash Cadet
Another Kirby stratedgy is to be standing next to an edge facing your opponent. When he gets close to you, eat them (B). Then walk off the stage. When near the bottom, don't swallow them (B). Instead throw them away (A). Might not work when trying to unlock Ness since the difficulty has to be normal. It might also not work with Samus.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
Use the shine on the polygons lol. It's the fastest way of getting out of group battles.

cam`

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting at the fact that most of the people that play ssb64 have played for a while and have the characters unlocked. The idea that you a) are trying to unlock Ness and Falcon wayyyyyy after the game came out and b) registered for the forums, filled out profile, changed avvy etc. just to ask how to unlock said characters amuses the **** out of me.
HAHAHAHA i cant believe someone on the internet wouldn't know how to unlock all of the characters in ssb64... woo hahaha that is just hilarious. and you actually had the gall to come to the SMASH WORLD FORUMS to ask? sucker.

:urg:

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smashboards is here to help all kinds of players, be it someone who has trouble unlocking the characters, someone who wants to achieve better BTP/BTT times, or someone who just wants to get better in a 1v1 match.

Don't discriminate against them, the forum is here for anyone with any questions related to SSB64.

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
use fox and start shining. works great and it's messed up when you use it on the kirby battles etc. also, use the set-knockback uair's first hit, it sends em far in the kirby, yoshi and polygon battles. But in my case, use any char you want and have fun pwning, cause you should be able to beat the game fast with no problem with any char XD.

Top Bottom