• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer Smash , July 24th , Long Island .

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
I the Big Bad Wolf felt the gap between apex and now was way too long . For whoever wants practice I do suggest you attend .:)

the date of the tournament is on July 24th on a sturday

Venue
Game Table
Address :167 E Jericho Tpke Mineola , Ny 11501
Phone #(516) 280-7644

Entrance Fees:
brawl doubles $20 , 10 per person
brawl singles $10
Venue $6

prize support:
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Doubles-11am -12noon , If you are traveling distance and need us to hold for you please call the store .
Singles -will begin as soon as we finish teams

Ruleset

* 3 stock
* 8 minute time limit
* Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
* Double Elimination
* IDC is banned
* 40 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 40 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
* Items are OFF including smash ball

Doubles:

* Team attack ON
* Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules:

2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

* Standing infinite chain grabs are banned including King Dedede's standing/small step CGs, Marth's standing CGs on Ness/Lucas, DK's cargo release infinite CG on Ness/Lucas, excluding the Ice Climber's standing CGs.
* Excessive "stall" tactics are banned. (IC's infinite chain grabs over 300%, scrooging, metaknigts infinite cape glitch ,etc.)
* Controller Mods are banned Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have SAME STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

The mike Haze rule applies in this tourney.... no getting into others personal space and screaming obnoxious words or sounds. Feel free to trash talk at will though

If I missed anything or anyone has questions feel free to message me on smash boards or aib

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
It is a months notice so that everyone has plenty of time to put it on the calender , gather fundage , train , ect

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
If we get 50 + entrants then yes fifth will get a percentage . Mike haze rule is pretty well known idk how much there can be said about that . o and Minty fundage = money to enter

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
lmao john

you should change the lgl because 50 is like a lottt and MLG has 40 which is still too much imo

also if you don't clarify something like the Mike Haze rule things can get shady because it's still a pretty new rule and has a few different variations.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
People please spread the word on this tournament because the more people = more placings and prizes.Also The more entrants ensures the possibility of keeping the venue price so low.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I've been away for so long. Will attempt to make this, I guess.
If I make this, I will bring a setup.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's in June, I'm going to be in camp that month.

mast xx pkmn

Smash Cadet
i wish i could have more preparation for this but i don't know how to practice very well and i don't want to end up doing poor again. anyone have any suggestions?

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably like 15-20 minutes away, but I probably won't be able to go. I would like to see how I'd fare in tournaments though. Ness needs more reps. All I see in these tournament threads are :metaknight:

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Is this still on? If it is, I'll be there if it is worth the trip.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yes it is definitely still on , thanks for the support
Alright, cool. Incidentally, I'll be down in NY that weekend for a visit with my dad, so I'll see if I can get there. Most likely that will be the case, so I'm looking forward to showing up. Glad to see it's still right on schedule.

I don't seem to have a doubles partner, however, so if anyone needs a peep, hit me up. :)

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
Ny people can any one give pat g or ninja link a ride ,and Ne people can anyone give teevee a ride ?

Top Bottom