• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Hello Isaac support thread!! I've come to visit y'all just to ask a pretty minor question really quick: What's Isaac's definitive design? Because I'm wanting to draw him at some point, but I just don't know what design to use simply because I've never actually played his games. X'D

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Hello Isaac support thread!! I've come to visit y'all just to ask a pretty minor question really quick: What's Isaac's definitive design? Because I'm wanting to draw him at some point, but I just don't know what design to use simply because I've never actually played his games. X'D
his definitive design would have to be the classic one, from the original Golden Sun.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Real talk guys. Do you think we might see a reveal at the end of this Wendey's Tailgate Party thing? Or are we all on board with the idea that its just going to be another direct first?
The Tailgate Party seems rather unorthodox for a reveal due how dispersed far end it is (beyond game's release even, to January 2019).

I also am curious about the next two following weeks - I hope a Direct announcement is dropped by then.

Well, you could choose from two, his teenager self from GS-duology on GBA, or being grownup in Dark Dawn. The former one's probably more iconic in this community.

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
If you want to go with Isaac's definitive design take this one since the other ones are either Matthew (his son) or Isaac as an adult.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20080719190644&path-prefix=de

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm gonna guess he will get his classic design but with way more details and texture on his model, just like the jump of model quality there was from AT Dark samus to Playable Dark Samus, altho in this case the jump will be HUGE if we take in mind his AT was from way back then in Brawl.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Thank you all for your help so far! I'm wanting to know one more thing though: where can I find a good clear picture of his sword? Because I wanna make sure I don't mess that up. XD

Arteen

Smash Lord
Has anyone proven the sprout isn't a GS item yet? Or is it still in a limbo of "might be"?
Yep, still in limbo. I don't think we'll ever know until we get more footage or an official reveal.

It's generic enough that it could be anything, even an original item. So far, nobody has found any game item that convincingly matches it though.

It's not 100% identical to the Growth icon in Golden Sun, but it's well within reasonable artistic liberties for representing Golden Sun in 3D.

#teamhmm

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna guess he will get his classic design but with way more details and texture on his model, just like the jump of model quality there was from AT Dark samus to Playable Dark Samus, altho in this case the jump will be HUGE if we take in mind his AT was from way back then in Brawl.
Classic design is best design, IMO. I wouldn't mind it if it was changed some like they did with Roy.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yep, still in limbo. I don't think we'll ever know until we get more footage or an official reveal.

It's generic enough that it could be anything, even an original item. So far, nobody has found any game item that convincingly matches it though.

It's not 100% identical to the Growth icon in Golden Sun, but it's well within reasonable artistic liberties for representing Golden Sun in 3D.

#teamhmm
I kind of wonder if the leak might end be "fake" before that point - better hope that Wendy's Tailgate Party has a new demo build...

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Thank you all for your help so far! I'm wanting to know one more thing though: where can I find a good clear picture of his sword? Because I wanna make sure I don't mess that up. XD
That's a toughy tbh. Like Isaac can wield tons of different swords in-game but a clear picture of his basic sword is not known to me.
But omny did a good one imo. But try these if it helps:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...9/Isaac.png/revision/latest?cb=20160104094651

Matthew has a somewhat visible sword:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...c_SSB3M.png/revision/latest?cb=20141017223915

And if you have good eyes here is one he uses from his original game (sry it's pretty small) :

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...agnarok.png/revision/latest?cb=20080413223326

I hope these can help you somewhat

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Personally my percentage of the leak being real is about 65%. I mean it can go either way. I don't want to full be gungho and be all in 100% if the leak turns out to an elaborate fake. I lean towards real and hopefully the next reveal(s) will answer all the questions of circumstantial evidence.
I'm glad to know both have good taste on videogames despite being probably very old people by this point. :laugh:

(Also, your comment's amazing, can I spread it bit around?)
~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ Definitely

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
As for design, it would either need to be the classic OR it gets an outfit Roy-ified to be updated, but still retain the general look/color scheme of the character.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
That's a toughy tbh. Like Isaac can wield tons of different swords in-game but a clear picture of his basic sword is not known to me.
But omny did a good one imo. But try these if it helps:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...9/Isaac.png/revision/latest?cb=20160104094651

Matthew has a somewhat visible sword:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...c_SSB3M.png/revision/latest?cb=20141017223915

And if you have good eyes here is one he uses from his original game (sry it's pretty small) :

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...agnarok.png/revision/latest?cb=20080413223326

I hope these can help you somewhat
Hey, thanks man. I think the Omni one is probably the best I can get since is obviously more realized. Though, again, thank you!

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Honestly there is no real definitive weapon Isaac wields as you can equip a wide variety of weapons to him in the game. However I would say the most recognizable one is the Gaia Blade.

BC0392D5-DCD6-47F4-A5ED-F679CCC77BF1.png

This is the best close up I could find from Dark Dawn

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Honestly there is no real definitive weapon Isaac wields as you can equip a wide variety of weapons to him in the game. However I would say the most recognizable one is the Gaia Blade.

View attachment 172300
This is the best close up I could find from Dark Dawn
Hmmm. Would you say this would be his main sword if he comes to Smash, or would it be like the standard sorta one that the ArtsyOmni version has?

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Honestly, I can't be objective about the grinch leak. I really really REALLY want Isaac, so I really want the leak t be real. It's hard to be impartial

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone proven the sprout isn't a GS item yet? Or is it still in a limbo of "might be"?
Yeah, it still might be. Other options are a smash exclusive item that is a healing item that needs to be held like the special flag, that's one I've seen bandied around a lot.

I do hope it's growth though.

D

Deleted member

I honestly can't which character I want more as an AT between Garett and Jenna lol.
I'm going for Jenna, because Fume will look cool in HD.

I still think Felix is likely a DLC Echo Fighter, which I can live with, but this again goes back to me starting with The Lost Age first and my affinity was geared towards Felix first and foremost. My dream was for Golden Sun to break through the glass ceiling and join the hierarchy of Nintendo franchises, and after 15 years of waiting, agonizing, yelling, ranting, and even crying... it is finally coming to reality.

When it is finally made official, we better be partying till they throw us out of da club!

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. Would you say this would be his main sword if he comes to Smash, or would it be like the standard sorta one that the ArtsyOmni version has?
That’s tough to say. Sakurai does seem to avoid spoilers in the games he uses for Smash so I would lean towards Isaac having a basic sword like ArtsyOmni used.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think the main problem is getting a company involved. A leaker even fake would face several issues and potential lawsuits for smearing their company's reputation through the mud. Whoever made this leak, if it's false, would and could be charged with several different criminal activity. In fact, the other company already made a statement because they realize how it could jeporadize their relationship with Namco.

I doubt a leaker would want that. I'm sure if they don't come clean soon, it's in fact real. But that's just my two cents.
Again, people will do what they want for whatever reasons. That’s as much a point against the leak I feel. Leaking the material gets you liable to criminal proceedings for not following NDAs and company rules. I think that would go both ways.

Plus, if it’s fake, this doesn’t require much with Eric Bricard. He could very well be the fall guy to the theoretical leaker. A name that legitimizes his “leak” but can’t actually lead back to the person. If the faker feels like they’ve cleared a path for himself and can’t be leaked, what would they care about criminal proceedings at that point?

Or Eric Bricard is really that dumb and is the source of the leak as a fake.

Or it’s real.

But I feel like degrees of logic are being assumed. That’s all well and good, but people have tendencies to act illogically and you can’t say, “well of course someone wouldn’t be that dumb” or “well of course they wouldn’t put the effort in for no personal gain” or “they wouldn’t risk actual legal trouble for a dumb reason.” There are situations in which a person could easily do those actions.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
And having a basic sword for Isaac is fine so don't worry about the drawing. Isaac's main focus will always be his psynergy, weapon and Djinn skills/attacks, summons etc.

Just try making him all flashy and cool smirk

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
That’s tough to say. Sakurai does seem to avoid spoilers in the games he uses for Smash so I would lean towards Isaac having a basic sword like ArtsyOmni used.
But he also does ultimate versions sometimes like the master sword and the Omega yato.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
And having a basic sword for Isaac is fine so don't worry about the drawing. Isaac's main focus will always be his psynergy, weapon and Djinn skills/attacks, summons etc.

Just try making him all flashy and cool smirk
Ohhh, I don't really know about these other things he has. I was more so gonna just have a basic Isaac, but these other things he has sound pretty cool.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Honestly, I see us with a near zero chance of getting Felix. We’ve put everything in to getting Isaac as is and Felix is a much, much, much less popular character than Isaac outside of these kinds of circles.

I know an Echo Felix makes sense, but so do a ton of other Echo fighters we’ve yet to see. I really don’t think Sakurai’s doing Echo fighters because he can, but more because those characters have significant popularity and that’s the only way they’ll be realized. At least that’s true for all four of the new Echo fighters.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac doesn't have the Sol or Gaia blade I'll be a little disappointed
Since Link got his Master sword, Ike his Ragnell, Roy his Binding Blade, Corrin his Yato and Marth/Chrom/Lucina their Falchion I would assume that Isaac will get his best sword as well.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I wouldn't really say Sol Blade or any of those are spoilers.

Like, the FE characters get their iconic swords late game (aside from the Marth family) and they use them.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
But he also does ultimate versions sometimes like the master sword and the Omega yato.
Yeah but those characters are a bit different considering the Master Sword is as iconic as Link himself. Cotton is weird though because that was a straight up spoiler with how important that sword was to the story.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but those characters are a bit different considering the Master Sword is as iconic as Link himself. Cotton is weird though because that was a straight up spoiler with how important that sword was to the story.
Shulk uses monado ii right? Or am I misremembering?

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Talked to a friend of mine who's also a big GS fan. He agress with me that the sprout is either a Mario sprout, original item, or Growth. Fortunately the greater smash community still thinks this is has a good chance of being a GS item, which is good PR for us.
He also happens to be a big MH fan and agreed the rathalos tweet is very likely not just an MH reference.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Random thought time! You know how each character has a different picture when they beat classic mode and the announcer says "Congratulations"? (examples here). I think it would be funny if Isaac's picture would be him facing off against Rathalos in the Coliseum stage.

Top Bottom