• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This thread needs to slow the **** down. This thread used to barely hit a page a day and now it's flying off it's own damn wheels.

I love it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
lol yeah i always have to catch up with at least 2 pages when i come back every time. Meanwhile the other threads i support barely move one page one or two days later if lucky lmao

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, one guy in the RTC thread definitely had a good point. That we don't have proof of the ballot.

Granted, the other statistics are all we have, but I'm still considering the possibility of Isaac being placed differently on the Ballot.

I certainly hope that the Ballot helped him, but I'm not sure now.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Honestly, one guy in the RTC thread definitely had a good point. That we don't have proof of the ballot.

Granted, the other statistics are all we have, but I'm still considering the possibility of Isaac being placed differently on the Ballot.

I think it's safe to assume that Isaac did fairly well on the ballot. However, I do have trouble imagining a character from a mostly dead series topping a 1.8 million vote poll where other popular choices were characters like Banjo and Bandana Dee.

In general, I think the odds are stacked against Isaac. The only thing we can do is make sure that our voices are heard.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

I'm sure that he didn't do K. Rool level of placement, but I'm sure he did well, at least top 50... we don't have a proof that he got very well BUT we have even less proof that he didn't do well... sometimes the people should stop asking "Why?" and start asking "Why not?" because if we don't have a proof that something isn't real, that don't make it fake, that would only be fake if we had proof of something isn't real

Silo777

Smash Journeyman

There’s no real point in getting worked up and doubting over something we have absolutely no knowledge of. At least, that’s what I think. Yes, Isaac could’ve placed lower but he also could’ve placed higher, we don’t know. What we do know is that he did very well on fan polls, which isn’t a definitive representation of the ballot of course, but it’s a very good sign.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think it's safe to assume that Isaac did fairly well on the ballot. However, I do have trouble imagining a character from a mostly dead series topping a 1.8 million vote poll where other popular choices were characters like Banjo and Bandana Dee.

In general, I think the odds are stacked against Isaac. The only thing we can do is make sure that our voices are heard.
I'm growing more worried that our voices aren't heard...

This is stressful.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the "Isaac fans are pessimistic" meme is really true lol. I said he has a 30% chance in the RTC but I was being a little generous honestly. I'm pretty much totally convinced now that the Rathalos tweet was more of a nod to MH (apparently it has an arena mode thing too). I agree that K Rool getting in despite being irrelevant is an exception to the Rool (ha) and not a new trend. I love GS, Isaac, and Isaac fans but man I just don't see him getting in

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
guys... we have a line limit in RTC? Because I think I wrote too much...
Nah man, nothing of the sort. In fact, the guy that runs the thread really wishes there were more debate and discussion, so long posts are encouraged.

Also, your post was pretty good! It certainly will get more people to read it than mine, maybe I should have ended with the score rather than started...

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Wow, the "Isaac fans are pessimistic" meme is really true lol. I said he has a 30% chance in the RTC but I was being a little generous honestly. I'm pretty much totally convinced now that the Rathalos tweet was more of a nod to MH (apparently it has an arena mode thing too). I agree that K Rool getting in despite being irrelevant is an exception to the Rool (ha) and not a new trend. I love GS, Isaac, and Isaac fans but man I just don't see him getting in
Yeah...pessimism and such will always be prevalent on this thread.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well... I wouldn't call Pessimistic... I would call "If we don't expect much, we will not get disapointed" because its our way of acting, Isaac fanbase is like him, a silent protagonist, we like to keep things for ourselfs and don't go screeming to the world that we're here, because we know we are and thats enough of us

DogManStar

Smash Ace
100% don't think that K. Rool getting in changes Isaac's chances at all. Sakurai said that characters from dead series were rarely considered, and whether K. Rool the character is irrelevant or not does not matter in that case, because DK is a huge series that still gets games. Golden Sun probably won't get a game ever again unless Isaac gets into Smash.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sure, take the less iconic weapon in MH (sword and shield) when you have a Hammer (Dedede) and a Great Sword (Cloud)

Glass (break in case sometime like that happen)

I literally have a document open at all time were I just copy pasta because I'm bore of always writing the same thing.:

I believe that Isaac is in this time, this is just too much...

First we have 3 characters in an arena, in GS, if you play against a friend, you can only use 3 characters instead of 4 since the GBA can't handle 8 adepts.

Second, why Link, Marth and Shulk in this order?
They are shown from oldest to newest, and we can replace them by your first 3 party members in Golden Sun.

Link = Isaac, both are silent protagonist.
Marth = Garet, Marth come from FIRE Emblem and Garet is a Mars adept, so he controls fire.

IMPORTANT: "マルス" is Marth's name, it is also how "Mars" is transliterated in Japanese.
In the fire Emblem OVA Marth name is Mars.

Shulk = Yvan, both can see into the FUTURE.

This angle is rarelly used in RPG, Camelot is one of the only studio using it.

What a coincidence...

Also, I believe that Rathalos may be a reference to the Fusion Dragon, the final boss in Golden Sun, why?

Both the Fusion Dragon and the Rathalos use fire attack and both can poison.

Beside the fusion dragon comes from the fusion of two Mars adepts (mars adepts controls fire like Garet)

And in Monster Hunter, the Rathalos drops can be use to make Fire Weapon, while the Rathian (the female) is use to make poison weapons.

So Rathalos is more link to fire then poison just like the Fusion Dragon.

Beside it's not the first time that Sakurai has use Twitter to tease a character, he did it whit Palutena, Shulk, Bayonneta, and Simon/King K Roll (red eyes)

He even put a freaking red and yellow barell during E3 were he was getting record to tease King K Roll early, so it would not be the first time.

Finally Golden Sun Dark Dawn page was update twice in the past weeks, it was the first time in years. (It may very well be nothing thought).

So yeah, Isaac is pretty much confirmed...

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Yeah sure, take the less iconic weapon in MH (sword and shield) when you have a Hammer (Dedede) and a Great Sword (Cloud)

Glass (break in case sometime like that happen)

I literally have a document open at all time were I just copy pasta because I'm bore of always writing the same thing.:

I believe that Isaac is in this time, this is just too much...

First we have 3 characters in an arena, in GS, if you play against a friend, you can only use 3 characters instead of 4 since the GBA can't handle 8 adepts.

Second, why Link, Marth and Shulk in this order?
They are shown from oldest to newest, and we can replace them by your first 3 party members in Golden Sun.

Link = Isaac, both are silent protagonist.
Marth = Garet, Marth come from FIRE Emblem and Garet is a Mars adept, so he controls fire.

IMPORTANT: "マルス" is Marth's name, it is also how "Mars" is transliterated in Japanese.
In the fire Emblem OVA Marth name is Mars.

Shulk = Yvan, both can see into the FUTURE.

This angle is rarelly used in RPG, Camelot is one of the only studio using it.

What a coincidence...

Also, I believe that Rathalos may be a reference to the Fusion Dragon, the final boss in Golden Sun, why?

Both the Fusion Dragon and the Rathalos use fire attack and both can poison.

Beside the fusion dragon comes from the fusion of two Mars adepts (mars adepts controls fire like Garet)

And in Monster Hunter, the Rathalos drops can be use to make Fire Weapon, while the Rathian (the female) is use to make poison weapons.

So Rathalos is more link to fire then poison just like the Fusion Dragon.

Beside it's not the first time that Sakurai has use Twitter to tease a character, he did it whit Palutena, Shulk, Bayonneta, and Simon/King K Roll (red eyes)

He even put a freaking red and yellow barell during E3 were he was getting record to tease King K Roll early, so it would not be the first time.

Finally Golden Sun Dark Dawn page was update twice in the past weeks, it was the first time in years. (It may very well be nothing thought).

So yeah, Isaac is pretty much confirmed...
Alredy gone to RTC? that text would fit well there

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
100% don't think that K. Rool getting in changes Isaac's chances at all. Sakurai said that characters from dead series were rarely considered, and whether K. Rool the character is irrelevant or not does not matter in that case, because DK is a huge series that still gets games. Golden Sun probably won't get a game ever again unless Isaac gets into Smash.
Sigh. Did Sakurai say that?

Irreverent series aren't chosen that often?

God ****ing damn it.

Nintendo won't give us any other options for Golden sun at this point. If they aren't giving us anything for GS now, then I'll just give up trying.

I'll try to hope that he's in, but I'm not waiting a 4th time after this.

Also, he's damn well confirmed when Sakurai says it. Until then, it's all speculation.

Last edited:

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Surprised to see a lot of Isaac fans here so concerned despite the characters sudden surge in popularity. I guess that’s good, to keep your expectations low.

But I would say his chances are probably better than you think. I’ve never been a supporter, so take it from an outsider. In the Brawl days, I considered him almost a lock. After that, I lost faith in him and several other characters, like Skull Kid and Geno.

But with the current pattern of newcomers (highly requested characters that likely placed relatively high on the ballot), a lot of characters I never would have considered are now at the forefront of speculation. Within months, I went from predicting characters like Springman and Rex/Pyra to those old-school Brawl-age picks like Geno, Skull Kid, and Isaac. It feels strange to even say it, but I think these characters have amazing potential right now, because I have no doubt that they were palming the most popular picks on the ballot.

Not even an Isaac fan, but I’m confident in his chances. Don’t forget, we STILL haven’t seen his Assist Trophy, and he’s certainly popular enough to at least warrant that. But they haven’t shown it. I wonder why...

alguidrag

Smash Ace
what about Kid Icarus? Dead series is not one of the main things about smash? See characters for dead series making huge things?

I'm not sure what RTC means tbh
Rate their chances
https://smashboards.com/threads/rat...ition-day-140-isaac-and-felix.453357/page-288

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah K Rool's addition changes nothing for Isaac. The only thing he proves is that sakurai is using the ballot. No one knows the true ballor resulsts and fan polls are insanely inconsistent, especially for Isaac. He's pretty popular on /v/ but even there Skull Kid, Banjo, Geno, Dixie, and a couple others beat him pretty consistently. I oh so badly want the tweet to mean something but I just can't. The K Rool trailer sunset punch scene obviously means nothing as the sunset is a common motiff for DK.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
what about Kid Icarus? Dead series is not one of the main things about smash? See characters for dead series making huge things?
Kid Icarus got in as a retro character at first, with Pit in Brawl. It only so happened that Sakurai revived the series later on. Isaac isn't gonna get in as a retro character, because Sakurai doesn't seem to consider the GBA retro. Irrelevancy didn't matter for Pit, because he was a retro character.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Nah you guys are very wrong. K Rool completely changed the game for Isaac. K Rool proved that relevance does not matter for Ultimate which was always his biggest obstacle. Not only that K Rool showed popularity is the biggest factor for joining the roster which is Isaac's biggest strength. If people think K Rool does nothing for Isaac then I honestly can't fathom why.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Surprised to see a lot of Isaac fans here so concerned despite the characters sudden surge in popularity. I guess that’s good, to keep your expectations low.

But I would say his chances are probably better than you think. I’ve never been a supporter, so take it from an outsider. In the Brawl days, I considered him almost a lock. After that, I lost faith in him and several other characters, like Skull Kid and Geno.

But with the current pattern of newcomers (highly requested characters that likely placed relatively high on the ballot), a lot of characters I never would have considered are now at the forefront of speculation. Within months, I went from predicting characters like Springman and Rex/Pyra to those old-school Brawl-age picks like Geno, Skull Kid, and Isaac. It feels strange to even say it, but I think these characters have amazing potential right now, because I have no doubt that they were palming the most popular picks on the ballot.

Not even an Isaac fan, but I’m confident in his chances. Don’t forget, we STILL haven’t seen his Assist Trophy, and he’s certainly popular enough to at least warrant that. But they haven’t shown it. I wonder why...
Well for me he still have more chances than Geno for example, but less than Isabelle, Shadow and Skull Kid, hardly any characer for me get above 50%... like for me
Shadow 75%
Skull Kid 60%
Isabele 58%
Isaac 55%
Geno 25%
if wasnt for knuckles Shadow would get the below 50% too

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I want to believe. But Nintendo has ****ed over this franchise so badly with their poor marketing that I'm not even sure they'll want anything to do with this series.

I've been waiting for 13 years, and about at that point where I don't even think Nintendo will even do any content relating to GS. They only care about their relavent franchises so far. Isaac would change the game for sure. But if Isaac isn't shown in any capacity, I'll understand what their priorities are.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think what Sakurai said is that he put him in because a lot of people asked for K Rool and he was surprised. I don't think he ever brought up whether or not the series still having games releasing as a reason for picking him… if that was the case K rool would've been a thing already in past smash games. K Rool proved relevancy doesnt matter, after all. It's the fans' voice that were heard.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this thread turned pessimistic really fast. It’s interesting how this thread shifts it’s view really quickly, to the point I wonder if I’m still in the support thread. Right now I’m seeing a lot of people here letting their view of Isaac’s chances drop because nothing is definitive. You know what else isn’t definitive? Literally everything we haven’t been told about the game. All we can do, as fans, is hope we’ve done enough. Getting yourself down because he could’ve placed lower than expected is just silly. I’m not saying you can’t be pessimistic about his chances, but you shouldn’t be convincing yourself he isn’t in just because of something we don’t even know.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I dunno bout relevancy, guys. Melee added Ice Climbers and Game & Watch, Brawl added Pit and ROB, 4 added Pac-Man and Duck Hunt.

...were any of those chars in much of anything non-retro before getting added into the game? Pac-Man had a couple 3D adventures, G&W were in the Gallery Games, but beyond that, not much. It's also likely I missed some characters irrelevancy here.

And the Rathalos picture? That angle still screams GS to me. If it was based on that one MH boxart, wouldn't they have tried to make the picture with one char to Rathalos' left and one nearly head on with it, rather than lining them up in a classic RPG standing formation?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Welcome to the bipolar Isaac thread.
That sucks..I guess the picks were to good to be real. We may be lucky if we get anything close to that. Only Meh choice was Agnes..
Yeah. I knew he wouldn't fall through with it.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I’ve been pessimistic the whole time, this is almost a high point for me. I’ve just hidden it until now because everyone else was very hyped.

Top Bottom