• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Hello guys, I just joined now but I have been watching this thread for the past week because oml I absolutely love Golden Sun and I wish for Isaac to be in Smash. With the Direct coming in about 20 hours, I'm HYPED!!!

To contribute to the hype, here is the Venus Lighthouse visualized as a Smash Bros stage and (kind of) recreated using Hammer (A map making tool for TF2 and other Valve games. I haven't done the trees or the pathways yet but because the Direct is literally tomorrow, I can't ponder on this any longer!

I hope you are all doing well :D
Defintely not a legal stage, i'll tell ya that. :p

While it's not a popular choice, Sol Santum would make for a very good Legal stage if i do say so myself. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yup, I'm definitely worried that, in typical Sakurai fashion, we will get some odd character that no one/few people asked for. We know the slots in Ultimate are even more limited than previous games, so seeing that happen would be very worrisome.
I think its very likely it does happen, but only once this time, and only after covering all the big bases. If they can't secure the rights to Banjo, that leaves Isaac and Bandana Dee at the top. Geno is also right behind as another potential candidate who may or may not get in due to licensing issues, but regardless, I do think Isaac would take priority over the "surprise character".

Personally; I'm banking on that odd character, cause it makes some of my less likely personal wants more plausible *COUGH LIP COUGH*
I don't think Lip is happening at this point, but if we do get an obligatory "obscure rep", I think its her.

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Since several Issac fans popped into the Shantae thread to offer good luck, I wanted to do the same.

I know a lot of you have been waiting fora very long time for this character, and hopefully the wait ends soon.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't expect isaac tomorrow, but I think he has a shot to be in the game.

Just hope we don't see any Assist trophies tomorrow

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Well, what did they say?
I saw no one answered really. Mimique predicted Ridley right before the E3 trailer, K. Rool and Chrom right before their trailer. He also predicted a few other elements that he said wouldn't be used a certain way. Like I think he said Mimikyu is not going to be playable. All of us here know that we'll take what he has to say with little weight. He already unveiled his full predictions too a few weeks ago. It's very likely to be wrong.

Just because you said that, Sakurai is going to be like a siding/roofing salesman and show you how many different shades of AT he has available to you..

The Assist Trophy total is turning out to be pretty large....

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

I doubt we will be getting AT shown tomorrow, the most likely is either presenting a new character, talking on the online, the secret mode maybe. I don't think we will get much more Smash than that and maybe a date on the next Smash centered direct

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Alright. I've caught up with all 30 pages since last night. Here's my take: tomorrow is Isaac's time. Call it a hunch, but I've never been more optimistic about his chances. I think the end of the direct will be Smash-related, be it either a short segment with Sakurai or just a trailer, but either way Isaac gets confirmed. I can feel it. The Golden Sun will rise over Nintendo once again!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I expect at least one (or two) newcomers and maybe a few echoes. And talk about the Online Mode as it feels appropriate given how they'll talk about the Nintendo Online Service.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I rather see Isaac than Skull Kid first. Of course, if this continues to be the new IP and existing IP like the past with Inklings, Ridley, Simon and King K. Rool. And like the past characters, I would like to see Isaac show up first, then Incineroar/Skull Kid at the end.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I rather see Isaac than Skull Kid first. Of course, if this continues to be the new IP and existing IP like the past with Inklings, Ridley, Simon and King K. Rool. And like the past characters, I would like to see Isaac show up first, then Incineroar/Skull Kid at the end.
I wouldn't be surprised if Skull Kid doesn't make the cut. It seems to me his popularity (at least his massive popularity, on par with Banjo & Isaac) comes from the chairs theory. That's not to say he isn't popular, I just don't see him being popular enough at the right time.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
No clue what's happening next. Let's all just assume the next reveals are Boy Marth and Dig Dug and get excited if that isn't the case.

Last edited:

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be surprised if Skull Kid doesn't make the cut. It seems to me his popularity (at least his massive popularity, on par with Banjo & Isaac) comes from the chairs theory. That's not to say he isn't popular, I just don't see him being popular enough at the right time.
True. Skull Kid is slowly losing relevancy as he hasn't appeared in a LoZ game in some time (Do you guys count Hyrule Warriors on the Switch as recent relevancy for Skull Kid?) while Isaac could get a new game, so I would hope Sakurai would give Isaac some more priority.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
True. Skull Kid is slowly losing relevancy as he hasn't appeared in a LoZ game in some time (Do you guys count Hyrule Warriors on the Switch as recent relevancy for Skull Kid?) while Isaac could get a new game, so I would hope Sakurai would give Isaac some more priority.
I mean I guess appearing in Hyrule Warriors makes Skull Kid technically more relevant than Isaac (going by release years), but I feel like since he hasn't appeared in a mainline Zelda in 20-ish years (?), his relevancy is relegated to crossover events like Hyrule Warriors. Isaac, however, wins both popularity and relevancy, since his last game was only 8 years ago compared to Skull Kid's 18. Plus, Isaac comes from an unrepresented series, whereas Skull Kid isn't even the most popular character left from Zelda (Tingle, anyone?).

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I mean I guess appearing in Hyrule Warriors makes Skull Kid technically more relevant than Isaac (going by release years), but I feel like since he hasn't appeared in a mainline Zelda in 20-ish years (?), his relevancy is relegated to crossover events like Hyrule Warriors. Isaac, however, wins both popularity and relevancy, since his last game was only 8 years ago compared to Skull Kid's 18. Plus, Isaac comes from an unrepresented series, whereas Skull Kid isn't even the most popular character left from Zelda (Tingle, anyone?).
Don't forget Majora's Mask got a remake within the last fourish years, same for his came in TP HD I suppose.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
The MM3D remake did come out a couple months before the ballot started, but otherwise, he's just got Hyrule Warriors. I think priority will come down to a mix of ballot popularity and moveset potential, personally. Maybe new franchises will be given favoritism if it came down to the wire between two characters, and maybe a preexisting idea like Geno for Brawl will also be lent some priority too.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Stoic's most recent Isaac drawing looks like Kurapika from HxH and now I want more Togashi-esque art of Isaac
Here I was thinking he looked like Ivan, but you're right! Now I'm imagining, in the same vein of Kurapika, a vengeful Isaac after not making the cut for SSB4 in any way, shape or form. In keeping with the brutal murders of the Smash trailers so far, Isaac's trailer shows him taking his revenge on characters that made it in SSB4 over him, including Shulk, in a canyon under a full moon.

...Obviously that would never happen, because Isaac is no villain, nor is he Kurapika, but it's a funny thought, I do have to say.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Don't forget Majora's Mask got a remake within the last fourish years, same for his came in TP HD I suppose.
Shoot, I forgot about the 3DS remake. I don't know, I just don't feel it for Skull Kid. My point about his super recent surge in popularity still stands, i suppose.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Sooo... I was seeing some predictions for tomorrow's direct then I stumbled upon this very interesting piece https://twitter.com/thepeekybird/status/1036906724811255808

Apparently the guy has insider info that told him about date most likely being September 6th so he got that right
"Isaac settles the score"

wot, is it referencing the commercial?

also I just can't see Dry Bowser happening in an official smash game, maybe its just me

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Makes sense. We could have Hilda and Impa as echoes. :-P

The MM3D remake did come out a couple months before the ballot started, but otherwise, he's just got Hyrule Warriors. I think priority will come down to a mix of ballot popularity and moveset potential, personally. Maybe new franchises will be given favoritism if it came down to the wire between two characters, and maybe a preexisting idea like Geno for Brawl will also be lent some priority too.
How's Skull Kid's moveset potential? I've played MM, but never beat it because I couldn't figure out where to go.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Shoot, I forgot about the 3DS remake. I don't know, I just don't feel it for Skull Kid. My point about his super recent surge in popularity still stands, i suppose.
I don't feel it for him either. He comes from one of my all-time favorite games, and I'd love his addition, but with the way things are going and especially with the moon AT I really don't see why people think he's so likely now. And the chair think is just stupid. I think if he's in the game it'll be as a boss, which I'd be happy with.

Calane

Smash Ace
I'm pretty excited for tomorrow. I honestly think that Isaac has a pretty good chance of being revealed this time (if we don't get a Pokemon, which I'm sort of expecting to be the case).

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Makes sense. We could have Hilda and Impa as echoes. :-P

How's Skull Kid's moveset potential? I've played MM, but never beat it because I couldn't figure out where to go.
Most of it comes from Hyrule Warriors. Skull Kid never directly fights you in MM, so the only thing he could take from there is a final smash of the Moon crashing down (which is already an AT) or Majora's Wrath (final boss).

Definitely check out a gameplay video of him in HW if you're interested. Brings a lot of creativity to the table that shows Sakurai can give him a very unique magic moveset.

Last edited:

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
The Nintendo Direct is going to be airing in the middle of a post work happy hour. I'll most likely be a few drinks in.

I already warned my co-workers that if this reveal happens, I'm going to be straight up crying. No shame.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
As good as anyone's. There have been plenty of characters added over the years that people would've said had no moveset potential. If Hyrule Warriors can come up with moves for him so can Smash.

Top Bottom