• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Congrats Isabelle fans. Bit weird that you're unique, but it's okay. We still have a chance.

The trademark thing can't be a coincidence!

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
That direct was a port fest.. no fire emblem, no metroid... and then Isabelle.. yeah nintendo im done with you

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea. I am most upset about the fact of how boringly they showed her reveal.

The villager reveal was so much more exciting.

This felt more like Animal Crossing with some Smash thrown in the end.

Yggdra

Smash Rookie
That direct was a port fest.. no fire emblem, no metroid... and then Isabelle.. yeah nintendo im done with you
I mean, i went with absolutely no expectations at all, and even then the direct felt... kind of lackluster :/

link2702

Smash Champion
sorry Isaac Fans....

It caught both our groups off guard, (or least I feel it did). All the evidence pointing to Golden sun early made us all believe for sure he was the big reveal. Then all those FF games announced right before the end made me(and I'm sure other Geno fans) nearly faint as I was for sure it was leading up to him being announced...

Annnnd then we get Isabelle.

I have no issues with her being in, and I'm glad we got a new animal crossing game announced, but....it just feels like they set up so much hype and deflated it all for us with this announcement.

But on the bright side, Isabelle fans get their favorite mayor assistant, and for all we know, our Favorites might be saved for the next smash focused direct.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
To be honest it makes sense to announce Isabelle in a normal direct and the ballot winners in a smash direct

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I didn’t see anything really relating to earthquakes or destruction. Do you guys think it’s at all possible it had to be pushed back a full week because they were replacing a certain earthbender?

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Don't lose hope. This likely means Vergeben is right though, and we Have a Pokemone Newcomer (Likely Unique) a Square Newcomer (Likely Unique) and Ken (Either an Echo or Isabelle style Clone) Our margin for error just shrank a fair bit.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
The only thing about the direct that really excited me was now people with a Switch can play the three best Final Fantasy games, VII, IX, and X.

Seriously you guys, do yourselves a favor and play 'em.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
I didn’t see anything really relating to earthquakes or destruction. Do you guys think it’s at all possible it had to be pushed back a full week because they were replacing a certain earthbender?
no because of the animal crossing game

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
It might just be my Isaac salt, but this Direct felt really underwhelming. Like, nothing NEW was announced, it was all old stuff shown off again. And the Isabelle trailer was so painfully bland.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I actually don't think I'm all that surprised here. I predicted it'd be a character that the general public would know and Isabelle, tied with an Animal Crossing reveal, fits the bill. Looking at her moveset, she shares a final smash the the villager and it feels like her moves work just differently enough to consider her a unique fighter.

This doesn't help the 103 stage theory to be debunked, but don't lose hope everyone! We've got three months to go.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Well a good part about that was she borrowed alot of villagers animations so technically she could be like a Dr. Mario. Different but not so much that she takes a ton of work.

Smashmar2

Smash Cadet
I was only slightly disappointed, but I did not expect Isaac to begin with. In fact I didn't know who to expect, but then I was thinking Geno near the end. I'm happy for AC fans that Isabelle got in, but it's not over yet guys. That was just ONE reveal, I'm sure there is more coming! Keep the faith and stay classy, show that us GS fans can be respectful!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Not an echo, but a semi-clone. Like Lucas to Ness.
She did borrow some of Villager's animations. She could've started as an echo early in development but then got promoted to a semi-clone once more changes were deemed necessary.

The order of characters seem to be pretty set in stone as they're a big focal point. This reveal order probably didn't change. Maybe they wanted Isabelle to come out now since more of general Nintendo fans would be familiar with her than Geno or Isaac. Those are great Smash direct reveals.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Well that was a very boring direct tbh ...

Also nothing in this direct seamed to be a reason for the delay ? Like no earthquakes or earth stuff ?
They changed Isaac's video with Isabelles...

But jokes aside, I believe the delay was out of respect only...

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Well I am excited.

I really love Animal Crossing.

I think Isaac will be our first DLC character. No AT is good news.

Only time will tell.

With the 206 guest here, hello

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
This direct was so lackluster.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing sold me on the Online.

**** off Nintendo.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
WELP! BillyBo gets 10 credential points for correctly predicting Isabelle!
But holy crap, was that one Hell of a letdown?! Well, Isaac boys, it'll be next time before we meet again in a Nintendo Direct. :p
Though I do have one request. Can you put me down as a supporter? I want to actually see Isaac step into Smash now! The Assist Trophy shattering power is real!

Last edited:

Zuppo

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3593-0420-8915
I'm crying, Nintendo merda. Why does Nintendo hates so much Golden Sun brand?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I went in hype. I came out laughing. I love Isabelle, and I love how they presented her trailer. It was so pure and fun. lmfao. Can't wait to get my hands on Animal Crossing Switch.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Not an echo, but a semi-clone. Like Lucas to Ness.
Yeah I noticed she does seem to share some somewhat similar moves.

I'm trying to see the silver lining here for Isaac but it's hard. I know we still have time but we're not the only people hoping for their characters to get in.

I'm not upset that Isabelle is a unique character or anything like that, it's just in relation to Isaac (and not getting a new stage) I feel pretty deflated right now.

We've presumably still got Incineroar and that Square Enix character to come, so that's another two unique fighters potentially locked down.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
WELP! BillyBo gets 10 credential points for correctly predicting Isabelle!
But holy crap, was that one Hell of a letdown?! Well, Isaac boys, it'll be next time before we meet again in a Nintendo Direct. :p
Though I do have one request. Can you put me down as a supporter? I want to actually see Isaac step into Smash now! The Assist Trophy shattering power is real!

Let down?

For one of the biggest Nintendo Ips? A game for next year and another huge rep for Smash?

I think that is great! It will bring more people into smash.

Isabelle is a great choice

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman

Man, this is not what I expected my reactions to look like in the end. Luigi's Mansion got the highest peak and the end was incredibly quiet. What a shame.

link2702

Smash Champion
hey y'all here's a theory though, what if Isaac was originally meant to be part of this trailer but they DID in fact cut his video out and swapped it with a quick reveal of isabelle and the AC announcement? sure the length of the direct was the same, but you definitely could tell SOME editing happened, so who's to say they didn't edit out Isaac's full reveal? and the reason being that they probably felt it was still too soon after the quake and his trailer possibly having his powers cause a quake or something? For all we know sakurai and his team might be scrambling to create a completely new trailer for him that they feel won't so easily remind folks of the disaster that just happened.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Stop.. being this negative.. man it is starting to be pathetic.
Yeah, as if this entire thing was just more fuel to the idea that more chapters probably give Isaac more completion in the roster space. Sorry, but this deflates my expectations for him at this point.

Well I am excited.

I really love Animal Crossing.

I think Isaac will be our first DLC character. No AT is good news.

Only time will tell.

With the 206 guest here, hello
How are we so sure he's even gonna be DLC at This point? Truth is, we don't.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Seems like I was bit right on the money about the reveal being mainly for the wider audience of fans out there - even the trailer seemed to bit of reflect it due not being even fully cinematic.

Still guys, let's take a breather and recollect ourselves... I don't think I'm entirely upset on Isabelle per say, or ever was against her overall. Hype probably just got too much on me to really dig her inclusion at the moment.

Also, semiclones seem back if Isabelle's indication. Speaking on which, if she was one, then I'm sure she wasn't something that can be taken as being on Isaac's way.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Let down?

For one of the biggest Nintendo Ips? A game for next year and another huge rep for Smash?

I think that is great! It will bring more people into smash.

Isabelle is a great choice
Oh? You meant that I was let down that Isabelle is in? No, no! I didn't mean that! I meant the Smash Bros segment was the let down, not Isabelle's inclusion!

Top Bottom