• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yay. Huge thread is huge.

I don’t think we’ll get a Smash a Direct until November. But maybe a Robin style leak killer single trailer that reveals Isaac.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Hey, just doing my daily check-in on the thread and I see we hit 500! Nice going everyone, I still find it so amazing how far Isaac's support has come and regardless of how things go from here, this is an accomplishment!

Also, naturally my Isaac quote I'd want him to say in Smash is - "!!!!"

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
From what I recall the Shulk for smash page entitled "Heir to the Monado" hit 500 pages as I was a supporter back in the days on an old account. Looking at this thread and comparing it to shulk's thread I feel like this thread has come a long way as well and the support for Isaac is just amazing.

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if someone pointed this out, but about the Golden Sun on phone thing.. why would Golden Sun appear on phone?

Super Smash Bros may receive an app to follow your stats and to check events, maybe. I don,t see why Isaac would be on phone otherwise.

Edit: They could also sell smash ost on phone, and if we have Isaac we also have golden sun ost on mobile.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
How detailed do you guys expect Isaac to be in terms of model? Considering his clothing and appearance is kinda simple and such, do you want them to stay close to that or more heavily detailed? We know the textures are gonna be beautiful of course.
Hopefully not as detailed as Jump Force *shudders*

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac isn't in this game then at this point Sakurai just hates the character. It is also possible Sakurai didn't count the Isaac votes in the smash ballot because Isaac is Robin in Japan and as such doesn't realize how popular he is. More likely though he just hates Isaac

DogManStar

Smash Ace
We’re definitely getting someone in October imo. Whether or not it’s Isaac is up in the air. It could be him, it could also be Banjo or Geno or something besides him. Just be wary.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
If Isaac isn't in this game then at this point Sakurai just hates the character. It is also possible Sakurai didn't count the Isaac votes in the smash ballot because Isaac is Robin in Japan and as such doesn't realize how popular he is. More likely though he just hates Isaac
The Ballot says Golden Sun...

MainJPW

M.T.A
That's a next level reach right there.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if someone pointed this out, but about the Golden Sun on phone thing.. why would Golden Sun appear on phone?

Super Smash Bros may receive an app to follow your stats and to check events, maybe. I don,t see why Isaac would be on phone otherwise.

Edit: They could also sell smash ost on phone, and if we have Isaac we also have golden sun ost on mobile.
From what I recall some groups that I followed up with on facebook were divided over Nintendo shutting down emulator sites a few months ago. Part of me thinks it might have to do with that issue Nintendo had with emulators, and I can kinda see Nintendo wanting to protect IPs like Golden Sun in that regard. At the same time Nintendo did trademark other games like Mario Sluggers and Wrecking Crew, which makes me curious about what Nintendo has in store for these games.

Last edited:

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Besides the Golden Sun Trademark I have a question for you all. (Don't worry I will try to go back to the trademark thing, but there is not that much left to discuss).

If a new Golden Sun game is in the works, what direction should the franchise go while moving forward?

Nintendo wants more franchise success as we have seen so much DLC for the Fire Emblem franchise. Especially with the success of Xenoblade, Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Fire Emblem itself.

There had to be something that drew Golden Sun to be a hit when it debuted and still is held fondly (as we are the evidence of it) by many fans today.

Now, I am not saying this to be a detractor, but if someone asked you what sets Golden Sun apart from the many different RPG series that exist today what would tell them? There had to be something that sets Golden Sun apart because something had to be there to draw us in.

Add to that what Nintendo should focus on when Golden Sun is being remade and being revived.
I'd be in favor of keeping the turn based system. No other Nintendo RPG is a true turn based game excluding Earthbound (which has its own issues) and being turn based does not harm to its selling power as a market exists. (i.e. Persona, Dragon Quest, & Octopath.)

Now could aspects be reworked for the better? Yes. The biggest reworks would be of Summoning and Djinn effects to tone them down as they could undermine bosses. Perhaps set Djinn could be limited or have each character have there own personal summons (Issac-Judgement, Felix-Catastrophe)? Weakening the HP multipliers on bosses could also work.
Also scaling boss damage dealt and preformable attacks better could also help in regard to DD.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm really hoping you guys get Isaac. I want these 500 pages to not be for nothing and I said it once and I'll say it again. I'm confident he's getting in whether base or DLC due to the demand. ;)

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
1. The Ballot had you name the game the character is from. Golden Sun.

2. Nintendo is well aware of the names of characters beyond their Japanese names.

Isaac, Robin, Hans, Vlad, it matters not. They aren’t stupid.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wow, I'm glad I picked now to check in on the thread.

Got to see Page 500.

Here's hoping for our Golden Boy to shine like the Sun!

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
While going through it, i saw something i did not think would've been on there until recently. スマートフォン用のプログラム. Smartphones?! what?
EDIT: Thus far, I've seen "uses for Downloads, video games, TV games, ect. will continue looking through
EDIT 2:
スマートフォン用 のケース、コンピュータ用 ゲームソフトウェア、ダウンロード可能なコンピュータ用ゲームソフトウェア、コンピュータプログラム(記録さねたもの)、スマートフォン用プログラム、ダウンロード可能なスマートフォン用プログラム、スマートフォン用のプログラムを記録させた記録  、録音 み又は 画 みのコンパクトディスク、インターネットを利用し   。

Is all I could discern from the paragraph regarding smartphones. Granted they're covering apps, downloads, recordings, ect. They might be releasing Golden Sun to mobile, or simply trying to prevent emulation via phones. However, there was also the bit about smart phone cases, which I'd be all for. Can't say that if they did release Golden Sun to Mobile, it wouldn't confuse me though.
About smartphones, couldn't it just be due to the switch using smart phones as part of their online? Might be more than that, but that's my assumption, which leads me back to Isaac being in Smash.

-

As for what they can do Golden Sun-wise, continue have it be similar to how it is now. But also, increase the amount of world interractiveness, increase the amount of puzzle solving. I honestly think golden sun has an amazing niche in being a combination puzzle solver RPG.

Have sections with split paths where the group has to split up (but make it possible to determine what psynergy is needed for what path so you can choose who goes down which path)

Have objects in the world that if you mess with them, can either negatively or positively impact the world, thus making it easier or harder depending. Like moving a pillar that happens to be the only support for this one path, for instance.

Have a game that focuses on before the sealing. Have a game that takes place inbetween 2 and 3, where the world is adjusting to the major changes. And naturally, finish up the series at present so the giant to be continued sign of dark dawn finally gets completed. Oy.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
If we do get a Golden Sun 1+2 remake, what do you guys think that should change about the game?

I’d love to tie in some of the stuff from Darin dawn to make the transition feel like a bit less of a retcon.

Plus, more Djinn are always welcome. :)
Personally I want some type of skill/affinity tree for weapons and djinn!

What I mean is every time you beat an enemy you don’t just get experience points but you also get skill points which you could use to customize the characters. For example:

Weapons - one thing I really liked about the weapon unleashes was how there were more than one but with the addition of skill points they could not only be used to unlock them but also add various effects to them such as poison or stun. You could possibly change the rate of activation as well.

There could also be some kind of forging mechanic where throughout your adventure you find various crystals or metals that you can forge into your favorite weapons to better suit a character. Such as +30 Earth Power or Chance to Strike First during turns.

Djinn - a skill tree for the Djinn could be great. I’m not sure if this could be connected to skill points or if you get affinity points base on how long a Djinn is set to a character. If there is an affinity tree for the Djinn, it could balance the various classes each character can have. That way certain classes are no longer clearly better than others. You can play however you want and skill be as powerful as a different class.

Also, each Djinn has it’s own design like in Dark Dawn.

I think changes like this would add more depth to the battle system which in my opinion needs a bit of an overhaul.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Do you guys think people debating about characters even has any bearing on the chance they have?

Like obviously a huge number of factors are put into the content that goes into smash, not just one element: popularity, how they compliment the cast, importance, character design, secondary things they bring like stages and music, fan support on the internet, game sales, etc.

But like do you think debating about Isaac's chances with someone even has a chance of changing anything as opposed to just supporting him and Golden Sun?

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Do you guys think people debating about characters even has any bearing on the chance they have?

Like obviously a huge number of factors are put into the content that goes into smash, not just one element: popularity, how they compliment the cast, importance, character design, secondary things they bring like stages and music, fan support on the internet, game sales, etc.

But like do you think debating about Isaac's chances with someone even has a chance of changing anything as opposed to just supporting him and Golden Sun?
the cast gets decided before anything so no. the debates are mostly pointless either someone's in or they aren't we really have no way of knowing sadly. all we can do at this point is hope he got high enough on that ballot. :/

Q-Long

Smash Lord
the cast gets decided before anything so no. the debates are mostly pointless either someone's in or they aren't we really have no way of knowing sadly. all we can do at this point is hope he got high enough on that ballot. :/
haha yeah, during the time of brawl speculation, i used to debate all the time as a kid. i said the stupidest stuff sometimes. in smash 4 i didnt really care.

but with all of these retro or stagnant game series getting sequels lately its ignited something in me and i have been arguing online sometimes, tbh i would rather spend time on something else, but i rope myself into it.

but ultimately i have no impact on his chances nor does anyone else when debating. only supporting a character does something, debating really doesnt

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

A good debate can turn onlookers, and even opposers, into supporters, so yeah, definitely.

Even just debating amongst ourselves keeps the fanbase engaged and shows just how big it is, helping us from becoming a silent majority.

It obviously can’t help with current game chances, but DLC and the unavoidable next one are affected, for sure.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I mean the debating is pointless, but if that's what keeps us entertained during the dry spells between reveals/release, then sure, why not? It sure helped me in the SSB4 days and I'm sure it's helping others now.

(Also obligatory "Hooray 500 Pages!)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Happy 500 pages, Adepts. In other words. We're, officially, ****ing huge!

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
We went from 50 - 500 in like 4 months. Wow, that is impressive! We really love Golden Sun!

500 pages
20'000 posts
560 Supporters

Man, we are huge!

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Debating to keep people entertained, eh? I'll bite.

Garet is the most deserving of being Golden Sun's Smash rep.

Have at me; I'll let the opposition go first

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
There are some debates that seem to kind of lead to nowhere and drag on and feel pointless, but I do like to step in if someone is spouting completely false info. Like if someone in the comment section of a notable youtuber doing a top 5 newcomers list or something says in regards to Isaac why would anyone want another generic swordsman, obvs stepping in to correct them helps shed some light, vs letting everyone that goes to that youtuber's video see that comment and start spreading it around.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
A good debate can turn onlookers, and even opposers, into supporters, so yeah, definitely.

Even just debating amongst ourselves keeps the fanbase engaged and shows just how big it is, helping us from becoming a silent majority.

It obviously can’t help with current game chances, but DLC and the unavoidable next one are affected, for sure.
oh yeah. it could get people interested in your character or game. though it can be pretty bad if you get roped into debating for a long time. i don't even like get mad usually but they i run into stuff like this and i'm just like wtf. then have to force myself not to engage with living youtube comments.

We went from 50 - 500 in like 4 months. Wow, that is impressive! We really love Golden Sun!

500 pages
20'000 posts
560 Supporters

Man, we are huge!
man, been a while since i played it but do i love golden sun. it taught me so many words as a kid.

Debating to keep people entertained, eh? I'll bite.

Garet is the most deserving of being Golden Sun's Smash rep.

Have at me; I'll let the opposition go first
No its Briggs!

Top Bottom