• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Well we had mewtwo announced before launch, and he was released with lucas some time around february/March from what I remember. And the game released in September so that's around 6 months post-launch
It was after the launch of the 3ds version

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So I have a question.

If Golden Sun were to receive any boss, what would it be and why?

- Saturos and Merardi (the main antagonists of GS1)

- Agaito and Karst (The main antagonists of GS2)

- Alex (The main antagonist overall.)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Most likely Saturos and Menardi, since they're arguably the most iconic bosses and unlike Alex, you actually get to fight them.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Probably Saturos and Menardi, I would mention Doom Dragon but we have enough giant reptile bosses. I'm guessing Ridley will have a boss like Kraid or someone replace him. Then there is Giga Bowser and Rathalos.

Of course it would be cool to finally see Alex fight. Dullahan and Star Magician would be unique too

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Probably Saturos and Menardi, I would mention Doom Dragon but we have enough giant reptile bosses. I'm guessing Ridley will have a boss like Kraid or someone replace him. Then there is Giga Bowser and Rathalos.

Of course it would be cool to finally see Alex fight. Dullahan and Star Magician would be unique too
Star Magician's ball mechanic could be really neat, but how would Dullahan work? There would have to be some sort of harsh debuff effect he could slap on you to reference Djinn Storm... by which I mean a debuff that lasts for a stupidly long time, makes it nearly impossible to fight effectively, is impossible to avoid, and Dullahan uses it constantly. **** Djinn Storm.

Saturos and Menardi probably fall in the "too small and humanoid to be a boss" camp with Skull Kid and Black Knight. That said, they could work by using powerful Psynergy in a tag-team fashion, then when they appear to be beaten, fusing into a dragon and coming back for a second round.

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
He'll be there, mark my words.

I'm not a leaker or anybody with insider knowledge, FYI, I just fully believe that Isaac is 100% guaranteed.
He's in.

This is for everyone who already gave up and started begging for DLC

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
So I have a question.

If Golden Sun were to receive any boss, what would it be and why?

- Saturos and Merardi (the main antagonists of GS1)

- Agaito and Karst (The main antagonists of GS2)

- Alex (The main antagonist overall.)
I would go with Saturos in a Mercury Lighthouse stage.

Saturos & Menardi on the Venus Lightouse stage would be neat too tho.

D

Deleted member

For a boss battle, I'd have to go with Saturos & Menardi, with higher difficulties yielding Fusion Dragon after you deal enough damage to them.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
You guys ever wonder what Camelot themselves think about Isaac being in smash bros? I feel that they might actually be against it as they might have no interest in making a 4th entry and Isaac in smash bros would practically lead to that due to a boost in popularity. It’s something I hope isn’t the case and that he was planned for smash 4 but dropped due to 3ds limitations, but with a new announcement on the horizon, I need some clarification of any of you guys have it. Just how confident are we all about issacs chances here?

Q-Long

Smash Lord
WE ACTUALLY MADE IT!? https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9l2g32/day_3334_grand_finalsvote_using_poll_randomized/

If we want to beat Banjo, we're gonna need to really dig deep into our supporters.
Looking at who was in the tourney, I can see Lloyd, Andy, Rex, Ray, Elma, Chibi-Robo, Wonder Red, supporters getting behind Isaac either due to similar gaming themes or the fact they're Ninty characters that are less relevant (other than Lloyd who is Namco).

The other character fanbases that have been on this poll I can see going for either in this regard, I can see them going for either. Like Geno fanbase, gets along so well with both because in the end we all have that relevancy thing thrown at us. Banjo might get support from Spyro, Crash, and Rayman fanbases because they're from that era and are pretty similar gameplay and aesthetic wise.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
There are some good characters on there. I do wonder if any of them will have a chance for DLC, though.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm just super happy that my top two most wanted characters have both made it to the grand final.

I voted Isaac but whatever happens its an awesome result.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To be fair we did lose to both. This round leaves me conflicted because I would like the two to make the roster.
For what it's worth, I feel like Isaac could do with the win more, since vergeben has mentioned both a square Enix rep (Geno most likely) and Minecraft content (which one or another will almost certainly lead to Banjo & Kazooie being playable )

Isaac is the only one of the three not backed somewhat by a credible leaker.

Though you should probably just go with your heart.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
WE MADE IT!? MA BOI, LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Isaac vs banjo final showdown!
This summarizes my feelings right about now https://youtu.be/GH9u4eZQGk8

There were so many points at which I thought he’d get eliminated. That’s why I started running the numbers to see if he had a shot. Isaac’s ultimate victory will come down to how many revenge votes Geno fans cast to banjo to try and take Isaac down, and how hard Isaac supporters (along with help from Lloyd fans) push back. No holds bars, both sides are gonna have to give it thier all here.

Being the final round this could very well be the first round that crosses a total pool of 10 thousand votes, so the results are going to be pretty important when it comes to indicating quantity of support in speculation. So I’m honestly on the edge of my seat lol. But it needs said, top 2 is downright incredible against my expectations when I initially thought he’d have trouble making it to top 16 lol.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually shocked we beat Geno. I was pretty happy with third place but second is even better. I accept Banjo's crushing blow though lol

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Here's hoping that Geno fans are more interested in seeing a first party win than getting revenge on who most recently beat them. Remember, B&K are who sent Geno to losers in the first place, and I'd argue the Geno and Isaac fanbases are far more closely aligned than Geno and B&K's.

I admittedly am not worried too much either way as to who wins, but it sure would be huge for Isaac to have this win right now. Maybe a vote with less than 10k people participating isn't a perfect representation of the Smash community, but considering it's been on a major platform like Reddit for a month and was filled to the brim with popular Smash character choices? I have to believe Nintendo would have to at least consider it, assuming Isaac isn't already in/planned of course.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Here's hoping that Geno fans are more interested in seeing a first party win than getting revenge on who most recently beat them. Remember, B&K are who sent Geno to losers in the first place, and I'd argue the Geno and Isaac fanbases are far more closely aligned than Geno and B&K's.

I admittedly am not worried too much either way as to who wins, but it sure would be huge for Isaac to have this win right now. Maybe a vote with less than 10k people participating isn't a perfect representation of the Smash community, but considering it's been on a major platform like Reddit for a month and was filled to the brim with popular Smash character choices? I have to believe Nintendo would have to at least consider it, assuming Isaac isn't already in/planned of course.
if he isn't in snowglobe hell of course

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
Somewhat surprised we beat Geno. Was sad to vote against him, he's my second most wanted after Isaac.

With Isaac as the only first party left maybe he can get some support from people who don't care that much between him and BK, but would prefer to throw it to a Nintendo character?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I can't be upset with the results either way. I mean, those two are my absolute biggest desires for this game and just seeing them both at the top of the pedestal together couldn't make me any happier. This isn't the first time either. That Consolidation doc also put them as the most wanted unconfirmed characters (and the only one they'd be behind anyways is K. Rool).

It gives me hope that the true ballot results reflected that closely enough.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
It’s funny seeing someone say Isaac is overrated and over represented in that tourney thread. Like.... what? We’ve finally been given an avenue to speak up for a niche/obscure character and it’s overrated? SMH

D

Deleted member

I mean, let's look at all the characters we knocked off; Rex & Pyra (arguably the most in-demand DLC fighter), Bandanna Waddle Dee, Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, Sora, Lloyd Irving, and now Geno. Knocking off Phoenix was my personal favorite in the bunch.

And they say Golden Sun is a "dead franchise".

It’s funny seeing someone say Isaac is overrated and over represented in that tourney thread. Like.... what? We’ve finally been given an avenue to speak up for a niche/obscure character and it’s overrated? SMH
The butthurt is strong with some people. Isaac was the only Golden Sun character in this entire tournament. If Felix and Matthew were also choices, you could have a legitimate gripe, but the point of the tournament was to see, based upon characters that could be plausible Smash Bros. newcomers, who was in the demand mostly, and this shows me that if you give people a chance to actually speak, they will know Golden Sun is still alive and kicking as long as the fans say it is.

Besides, Pokemon had 3 characters and Kirby had 2, yet you don't hear people complain about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
he's just mad banjo might not be able to sweep anymore

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I may not be posting, but I have been voting for Issac when I can. Against Geno it was hard because both are pretty much tied for characters I want in Smash, but against Banjo, no contest. Issac all the way.

Man I shouldn't of taken a break from The Lost Age. If the whole YT playlist/removal of New from fighters means an announcement, I got little time to beat it if the announcement is Issac. Better get back to it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Some of the people in that thread sound so bitter. It's hilarious.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh my god... Isaac beat Geno with over 1000 more votes... That's insane.

Shin F.

Smash Master
It's funny when people say things like "Isaac fans are over-represented," because that's true in a lot of places; on Reddit, on Smashboards, even on GameFAQs, it doesn't matter. He almost always places really well in polls. It's funny because there's a better word they could be using. After all, when something seems to be over-represented just about everywhere you look, we tend to just call it 'popular'. :smash:

Top Bottom