• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

StormC

Smash Hero
Now there's a sentence I never thought I would ever hear.
Imagine telling yourself two days ago that the "Grinch leak" and the "Chadorf leak" would be trending around the world.

I'm about 90% on this leak now.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that the song update this week was “Lost Painting” and then we got the mural leaks? Lol

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
This is an event going on right now, no? Is there any possibility of someone actually knowing people that attended and being able to use the item and describe what it does?
The event only has the E3 build so this item isn't present.

Nintendo inexplicably used new footage (Probably direct capture from the visiting youtubers) for the sizzle reel.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
So… Grinch leak, Rathalos pic, this possible item, unusual renewal time for Trademark and double content at that… what else please?
Don't forget that for "SOME REASON" Motoi Sakuraba hasn't shown up in the Music Section... yet...

I WONDER WHY :)

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I don't think this growth item confirms that the leak is real. Yes, Issac is essentially confirmed because the sprite from Golden Sun is pretty identical to the item in Smash. But even if Issac gets announced, I still don't think that would prove the leak because he is essentially a given like Geno, Ken, and to lesser extents Shadow and Banjo. I'd put my foot down and say this leak is real if Chorus Kids or Mach Rider get announced.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I find it absolutely hilarious that two days ago, I finished my Lost Age stream playthrough, only to be greeted by various leaks that support Isaac a day later. Regardless of validity or not, the coincidence is great.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Don't forget that for "SOME REASON" Motoi Sakuraba hasn't shown up in the Music Section... yet...

I WONDER WHY :)
Also this, yeah. He has done A LOT of work in previous smash, yet we dont know about him in Ultimate… inb4 we get 34 tracks for Isaac lmao jk but i hope we get more than 2 tracks for him...

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
So… Grinch leak, Rathalos pic, this possible item, unusual renewal time for Trademark and double content at that… what else please?
Yeah honestly, he is in.
That's just too much, I really think we are safe now.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The event only has the E3 build so this item isn't present.

Nintendo inexplicably used new footage (Probably direct capture from the visiting youtubers) for the sizzle reel.
Ah, they did the same thing they did for their TV ad. In that ad they show the girl playing vs her little brother but it was definitely that E3 treehouse set between Mario and Link playing on the TV, lol.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Well, after the Rathalos tweet, How the Grinch leaked Smash, and now this. Personally, this is the first time I can say for sure Isaac is in. All those votes actually mattered, holy ****.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I know there might be no reason to introduce that kind of item since it won't do much on every stage BUT:

Ladder Attack was introduced correct? Do you guys think it might be possible that you actually grow the whole plant with that item to climb it and also use this new mechanic then? Like I know it's not too useful but the idea is at least kinda creative.

EDIT: Actually imagine this :

Say you are offstage and happen to have that item, I could see it being rly handy. Like you throw it above you near the Ledge and the plant fully grows towards your direction so you can climb it and make it back on stage. I can rly see that function to be implemented as a fun tool for Free for alls

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
While I’m not 100% convinced this item is Golden Sun related (I mean, it’s a sprout, it’s not inherently super distinctive on its own) this is definitely a much more valid sort of thing towards Golden Sun inclusion. I think it looks suspiciously like the healing field item, but what we’ve seen of that is completely different, so unless it has been changed, this is probably a new item. It does seem to line up with the Golden Sun render of such a sprout too. And most importantly, it’s an official video.

This is a much bigger and more valid point towards Isaac than anything we’ve seen in a while (Leaks aside). I wouldn’t really understand adding a Golden Sun item unless Isaac was in the game anyway. So, if we can get someone who played to confirm that this has some unique function and is indeed not a redesign of the healing field, I’ll say Isaac is pretty much in the game. Especially if it’s a vine attack sort of thing.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Don't items in Mario appear in little bubbles sometimes? Has there ever been an instance where a little sprout appeared in a bubble in a Mario game?

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Here I have a little explanation for why it is in the bubble thing. Simply to make it look more like an item, making it more visible because if you think about it is a fast action paced game and maybe it would be too hard to distinct as it is especially since it would look way too similar to the villager's sprout leading to confusion. That's why they opted for it being presented in a bubble.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I really want to say congratulations to Issac fans, but I can't yet because he's not officially confirmed! :facepalm:

I mean looking at the picture ZelDan posted, how is this not the same thing?:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I'm rooting for you guys so freaking hard. This might just be what Grinch Leak needed. Everyone's hopes and dreams relies on a sprout of grass.
If this is a golden sun item I am NEVER mowing the lawn again.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Wait.. Isn't it happening at FSU? I have a friend of mine at FSU right now!
Wait, Framingham State University? That's my alma mater! Too bad I don't drive, so I can't get there even though it's only about an hour's drive away... and my parents are away for the weekend, so they can't drive me...

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I really want to say congratulations to Issac fans, but I can't yet because he's not officially confirmed! :facepalm:

I mean looking at the picture ZelDan posted, how is this not the same thing?:

As someone has said, that pic was edited to help show how similar growth from DD looks like the sprout from the Ultimate footage. The actual DD growth has no bubble.

It DOES still look similar though, so it could be quite possible.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I know there might be no reason to introduce that kind of item since it won't do much on every stage BUT:

Ladder Attack was introduced correct? Do you guys think it might be possible that you actually grow the whole plant with that item to climb it and also use this new mechanic then? Like I know it's not too useful but the idea is at least kinda creative.

EDIT: Actually imagine this :

Say you are offstage and happen to have that item, I could see it being rly handy. Like you throw it above you near the Ledge and the plant fully grows towards your direction so you can climb it and make it back on stage. I can rly see that function to be implemented as a fun tool for Free for alls
I read about this idea on another board and it would totally make a lot of sense!

Growth is basically a ladder as a field psynergy, and then it's a bunch of harmful thorns as battle psynergy.

Last edited:

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I am not convinced with that item. It is interesting, but not enough. Let's settle down lol

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I think it's actually more similar to the original two games than the Dark Dawn icon. The DD icon's green is too much of a dark green, to mimic how a sprout might actually look, whereas the original two have a neon tint to the sprouts you can see and the icon for using the psynergy. It's possible it still belongs to the Healing Field, albeit the description doesn't exactly fit... taken from the SmashWiki.

"The Healing Field has the appearance of a large bulb. When thrown on any terrain, it opens up and creates a small, green, circular area which heals fighters as long as they stay in it. It heals whoever threw it for 2% per half second, and everyone else for 1% per half second."

I don't know if there's something additional to this item? Does it have a chance of sprouting other things like these seedlings? We don't have the game and I've never played it and used this item, so I don't have much to offer here. Like I will reiterate though, while still being neon green, the Healing Field's sprout icon is much brighter/lighter in color as opposed to the sprout that we see in the video; which, while still neon green is dark in tint and is very close to the color palette you can see in the original GS games.

vines.png

sprout.png

Can you feel it, bros?

isaaaac.jpg

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Someone said that if this was indeed the Growth Psynergy in item form which traps the opponent in vines that they have to shake off... wouldn't this be too functionally similar to the Pitfall item?

SundaeS

Smash Cadet
Wow if Growth psynergy was in the game that would be cool.

Only thing I could think of with sprouts in other games would maybe be Mario Odyssey with sprouts that turn into flowers. There were some saplings with pots to get moons. There were some saplings in Someone pointed out Animal Crossing with the tree saplings.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Someone said that if this was indeed the Growth Psynergy in item form which traps the opponent in vines that they have to shake off... wouldn't this be too functionally similar to the Pitfall item?
Dunno, maybe the difference is that it work in the air?

ZelDan

Smash Master
If growth was an item, it would likely grow vertically, perhaps creating a ladder and/or to trap enemies in other areas than just the ground.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't think this growth item confirms that the leak is real. Yes, Issac is essentially confirmed because the sprite from Golden Sun is pretty identical to the item in Smash. But even if Issac gets announced, I still don't think that would prove the leak because he is essentially a given like Geno, Ken, and to lesser extents Shadow and Banjo. I'd put my foot down and say this leak is real if Chorus Kids or Mach Rider get announced.
I'm just gonna say; Isaac was NEVER a given.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Your opinion on the healing item with a sprout on it ? On the site it says you have to stay inside to get healed so it doesn't seam to be linked to this. But still yet another sprout as a logo for this particular item ? Weird.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Just want to point out that there are 150 people in this thread right now. Holy crap.

Edit: Today's blog was Nikki, thus we still know nothing about the seed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom