• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I remember when Vergeben leaked K. Rool and...

... Oh, wait, that never happened.

Let's stop acting like he knows every single detail of Ultimate, shall we?

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I think I read from someone around here that there's been actual memetic posts making fun of Incineroar, related to music videos or something.

Still, the comparisons between Chrom and Incineroar feel eerily similar here now that I think about it.
Here’s the thing, Game Freak/Pokemon Co is pretty much done promoting and advertising Gen 7.

Zeraora has a moving coming out soon that they’re promoting, thats about it.

If you follow the belief that Melmetal is Gen 7, then I guess you can count Melmetal, and Gen 8 releases next year, and Im pretty sure Game Freak would want to focus all advertising towards Gen 8

Or we’re gonna have 11 Pokemon reps, truly the worse possble timeline /s

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That guy who backed Verge up isn't a leaker.

He's a guy who works for a Chinese company, and posts financials for corporations on Twitter/ResetEra.

People shouldn't take his word so seriously.

zferolie

Smash Hero
All he said is that Steve may be playable(a later statement) and that Minecraft content exists, but he's not sure what it is.

He doesn't have very clear information. But he wasn't given any clear information either. His sources aren't even sure the character is playable. So it's nothing more than a possibility.

I don't know why people are outright spreading incorrect information about his actual wording.
I think certain people are just freaking out way too much over a game...

That link doesn't even have the orginal quote, so ignore it. Conner you REALLY need to just stop taking every little thing as gospel and freaking relax...

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I got some sleep. Gave me some much, much needed clarity.

I got to thinking about all this when I woke up. It’s strange to me how this series of events parreles the hero’s journey.

Natural environment- Us just being GS fans populating reddit and discord.
Call to action- the fighter ballot.
Meeting the mentor- Ridley is annocued due to demand down the road In ultimate, proving demand matters.
Crossing the threshold- King K rool, another fan demand gets announced, going down the list.
First Failure(for this cycle)- Isabelle instead of Isaac
New allies and new enemies- Increase in GS coverage by the media as speculation of Isaac increases, gamefaqs hating us.
Growth and new skills- As the days wound down we gradually increased confidence in Isaac
First success- Being in the grinch leak.
The grand trail, revelation, and insight- Vergeben so nonchalantly discarding us.
Discarding old self- taking up the hope to keep going despite the worst looming
Accepting the new role- Taking a far more skeptical stance on insiders, and taking the hard evidence far more seriously.
The road back- These final hours before the last direct.
The final challenge- The direct itself
Restoring order- Isaac is among his fellow fan demanded characters.
New place in the world- We main Isaac, spread the knoledge and love for golden sun far and wide, using smash as our medium.

It’s a bit crazy. But it paralleled insanely well. I just thoughts I’d point it out. Some of this has yet to play out yet. So we shall see.

Attachments

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think certain people are just freaking out way too much over a game...
It's not that, it's actually a leak/rumor that has been misquoted time and time again.

He's not even confident of Steve being in the game at all. I don't think he's as confident about Minecraft content anymore either.

Nonetheless, I'm just glad he's being honest about these things. It's a good change of pace. Now if only he would watch his words a bit and try to avoid his rants, it'd be even better(not that I can blame him for getting fed up).

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Rise and Shine gamers, when the sun comes up tomorrow (assuming you’re in the correct timezone :^) ) our boy will be revealed, dont give up hope.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Man, tomorrow can't come soon enough as Isaac's inclusion is going to be a massive make or break for leakers and journalists.

Get it right, and you disprove the Grinch leak and we all go home sad. But get it wrong, and all your credibility regarding Smash Bros is now and forever ruined (and we get Isaac!). Mainly because of one question would be asking

"How could you mistake Isaac being included in Smash!?"

I will be glad to know the outcome because then we will finally know whether Veggie Burgers, Loz and all those "legit leakers" were just a pile of rubbish or not.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Lmao I am gone for some hours now I have to read from Vergeben guy that Isaac shall be an AT at this point?
Good one but if I remember correctly tomorrow is gonna be November 1st and not April 1st.

One thing I would vouch for is that Isaac is not gonna be an AT at this point. Sure he might not be in the game again or will be added later as DLC.
But no way in hell would Sakurai hint things like these and delay Isaac's deconfirm as an AT up until now. That's the thing I am more confident in than Isaac being playable. Never believed him with Incineroar and not gonna believe him with Isaac being an AT at this point.

That said, he might just get salty because the grinch leak might potentially turn out to be true and kill his streak. November 1st might not be just our day as smash fanbase but also the day of the end of the leaks (until DLC hits lol).

So I would just ignore it since it doesn't do anything at this point.

ONLY 23 HOURS LEFT MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS! LET'S GO ISAAC <3

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I got some sleep. Gave me some much, much needed clarity.

I got to thinking about all this when I woke up. It’s strange to me how this series of events parreles the hero’s journey.

Natural environment- Us just being GS fans populating reddit and discord.
Call to action- the fighter ballot.
Meeting the mentor- Ridley is annocued due to demand down the road In ultimate, proving demand matters.
Crossing the threshold- King K rool, another fan demand gets announced, going down the list.
First Failure(for this cycle)- Isabelle instead of Isaac
New allies and new enemies- Increase in GS coverage by the media as speculation of Isaac increases, gamefaqs hating us.
Growth and new skills- As the days wound down we gradually increased confidence in Isaac
First success- Being in the grinch leak.
The grand trail, revelation, and insight- Vergeben so nonchalantly discarding us.
Discarding old self- taking up the hope to keep going despite the worst looming
Accepting the new role- Taking a far more skeptical stance on insiders, and taking the hard evidence far more seriously.
The road back- These final hours before the last direct.
The final challenge- The direct itself
Restoring order- Isaac is among his fellow fan demanded characters.
New place in the world- We main Isaac, spread the knoledge and love for golden sun far and wide, using smash as our medium.

It’s a bit crazy. But it paralleled insanely well. I just thoughts I’d point it out. Some of this has yet to play out yet. So we shall see.
Honestly I'm considering writing a book documenting Ultimate Speculation, or at least the Grinch leak. This is one of those things that future generations should look back on as a defining moment in the history of the Internet.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's not that, it's actually a leak/rumor that has been misquoted time and time again.

He's not even confident of Steve being in the game at all. I don't think he's as confident about Minecraft content anymore either.

Nonetheless, I'm just glad he's being honest about these things. It's a good change of pace. Now if only he would watch his words a bit and try to avoid his rants, it'd be even better(not that I can blame him for getting fed up).
Thats true, but there are some people getting too over excited.

Also, it doesn't help that Verge was being very assholey on how he said Isaac is an AT, with a picture of a drop mike at the end. Why would a professional do that? Its obvious he is getting to emotional and angry, and its showing.

Now, what this randomness, we get Isaac as an AT... but Then a different GS character as the Playable, Matthew, or the protag... FROM A BRAND NEW GS GAME ANNOUNCED AT THE TREEHOUSE

:p

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
GS Remakes being revealed this year still has more possibility than F-Zero Switch.

Just a thought.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok, let's not push our luck.
Oh I know, but that would be amazing.

But maybe Sakurai didn't want another sword user, and is going for a Different Golden Sun character. Maybe Jenna? That is if Isaac is an AT and we are getting a Golden Sun character. Jenna makes sense as she would be a completly different style of fighter for the game.

GS Remakes being revealed this year still has more possibility than F-Zero Switch.

Just a thought.
Sad but true. Hell, Nintendo, at least give us a remake of GX, that game was awesome

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Spotted this in a Reddit discussion

You notice how most leakers only leak characters? Why didn't any of them leak stage morph? Or something simple and probably not that hidden like the rules coming first, then map, then character? Why haven't they leaked the GUI or Spirits?

It's because they pull guesses out of their asses. You can make reasonable guesses about characters and then just say "Oh they were cut/saved for DLC" if they're wrong. But with this stuff possibilities become endless and it's too hard to make an accurate guess despite making you look a lot more credible if you mention it.

This grinch leak is amazing because it's caused so many fake leakers to back peddle and force them to stand by their own words (because if they agree the banner is legit it's them basically saying they were wrong) and hope the banner leak is false.
This is actually a VERY good point. They had access to all those characters. Why didn't Stage Morph get leaked or other details like this?

Not ONE leaker who is taken seriously pointed to such things. What gives?

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Oh and one other thing. The only option I think that assumption about Isaac being an AT could turn out to be correct is that people did AGAIN mistook him for Matthew since that's rly common within the smash community if they didn't bother too much with Isaac.

But well regardless everything will be over tomorrow. So one last push and we might finally celebrate!:D

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Honestly its very suspicious that THIS many people apparently know the full roster. You’d think Nintendo and Bamco would keep this stuff under lock and key, but nah, apparently this is some public information that some literally who journalist can gain access too uwu. You worked at Nintendo your whole life and wanna see the Smash roster? Nah, wait you’re a journalist and a mod on some forum? Get in here, take pictures if you want :D

Im not buying it

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Sad but true. Hell, Nintendo, at least give us a remake of GX, that game was awesome
I've just accepted that they'll never do anything with it again.

You guys have potential...you guys have hope. You guys have a light at the end of the tunnel. You have a end to this 8-12 year train ride

I have no hope where I'm going. I'll still be going....for weeks, months, years, decades, there's no answer for me. And probably never will.

GS will return. And it's because the fanbase is still alive and well...

And vocal.

Q-Long

Smash Lord

This is actually a VERY good point. They had access to all those characters. Why didn't Stage Morph get leaked or other details like this?

to be fair to them, this game doesn't feature many new stages and characters are the main point of smash. (imagine if a leaker leaked Pokemon gyms but not new Pokemon) of course it is suspect there is a lack of item leaks.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Lmao I am gone for some hours now I have to read from Vergeben guy that Isaac shall be an AT at this point?
Good one but if I remember correctly tomorrow is gonna be November 1st and not April 1st.

One thing I would vouch for is that Isaac is not gonna be an AT at this point. Sure he might not be in the game again or will be added later as DLC.
But no way in hell would Sakurai hint things like these and delay Isaac's deconfirm as an AT up until now. That's the thing I am more confident in than Isaac being playable. Never believed him with Incineroar and not gonna believe him with Isaac being an AT at this point.

That said, he might just get salty because the grinch leak might potentially turn out to be true and kill his streak. November 1st might not be just our day as smash fanbase but also the day of the end of the leaks (until DLC hits lol).

So I would just ignore it since it doesn't do anything at this point.

ONLY 23 HOURS LEFT MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS! LET'S GO ISAAC <3
Thing is Isaac is definitely in the game if he has conflicting reports of whether he's playable or an assist. Though funny how it wasn't until the idea of a character (s) in the banner is an AT are you seeing it come out of the woodwork to claim Isaac as one. That info could have debunked the Grinch leak a long time ago.

zferolie

Smash Hero

To add to that, not a single leaker has leaked anything on Spirits mode yet...

Oh and one other thing. The only option I think that assumption about Isaac being an AT could turn out to be correct is that people did AGAIN mistook him for Matthew since that's rly common within the smash community if they didn't bother too much with Isaac.

But well regardless everything will be over tomorrow. So one last push and we might finally celebrate!:D
Wouldn't be confusing if a playable character looked almost like an AT? I feel that if Isaac is an AT, and we are getting GS rep, Sakurai may pick someone completely different. Jenna would be fun, and be maybe our pure mage in the game.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Honestly, I really want Matt to get the Alph treatment. I really like his desgin

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but given the ballot we had, I think out of all GS characters Isaac was the one that placed highest.
So I think it will be him tomorrow. But I'd hope for Jenna or Matthew as the AT since I would love Felix as a potential Echo DLC if he isn't a skin already.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
to be fair to them, this game doesn't feature many new stages and characters are the main point of smash. (imagine if a leaker leaked Pokemon gyms but not new Pokemon) of course it is suspect there is a lack of item leaks.
Well how about the fact Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy as is Bomberman and Rathalos? That's a big detail to miss!

EDIT: Alucard, Zero etc. The list goes on!

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
so i guess the moral of the story is all leakers are idiots and are never to be trusted. ever.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Well how about the fact Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy as is Bomberman and Rathalos? That's a big detail to miss!

EDIT: Alucard, Zero etc. The list goes on!
true and that's the weird thing about the theory that some of the banner characters are ATs. Its missing contenders like Bomberman and Shovel Knight.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
It doesn't make sense in general, that so many people know about all that stuff.
I'm sure Sakurai's team did his best to keep everything a secret, sure there are always possibilities, that some info leaked out somehow but not that much to so many people.

Also it's annoying that people treat Vergeben like he knew everything, because he didn't.
Didn't he say Isabelle is an echo for example? Well she is not.
So could he wrong again? Yes absolutely.

Don't forget all those hints Isaac has going for him, I'm pretty sure we'll get him, regardless of what people say now.

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Btw, I've basically been staying away from the cancer that is the main thread, but I dipped my toes in there and now everyone seems convinced Dante of all people is in? What's with all this sudden support for him coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden?
Man, I hate that people now decide to jump on the Dante ship, mostly because I was on that ship when Simon and Richter were revealed. But when I look back at it, he'd only be a Bayonetta semi-clone and with the flak Bayo gets, I doubt Dante would be any better. And knowing how vicious the Smash community was to Bayonetta, I really don't want to see Dante in the same position.

Have you guys heard about Vergeben's recent claim about Issac?
The stakes are high because everyone has something to lose. For Verge and the "insiders," it's their credibility in the Smash community. For the supporters of the Grinch Leak, it's the deconfirmation of their most-wanted characters. And for us Issacbros, it's the looming possibillity that Isaac might be an AT, or worse, deconfirmed again.

It seems reddit dismissed the leakers, 4chan hates them, resetera worships them and smashboards is mostly pessimistic
Ah, so business as usual. Meanwhile, GameFAQs continues to cannibalize itself.

Just because a series has an item does not mean that its getting a character.
While this is true, let's not be so pessimistic. Let's hold on to some semblance of hope.

~~~

In the end, whatever's revealed tomorrow is what we get. Either way, I'll remain as positive as possible (funny how Verge's statement only gave me more fuel to support Isaac). As I said, everyone's got something to lose tomorrow all we can do is wait and watch. And please guys, when all's said and done, don't go around getting angry that Isaac's not in. Let's set an example and take the loss with dignity if he's not in.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It doesn't make sense in general, that so many people know about all that stuff.
I'm sure Sakurai's team did his best to keep everything a secret, sure there are always possibilities, that some info leaked out somehow but not that much to so many people.

Also it's annoying that people treat Vergeben like he knew everything, because he didn't.
Didn't he say Isabelle is an echo for example? Well she is not.
So could he wrong again? Yes absolutely.

Don't forget all those hints Isaac has going for him, I'm pretty sure we'll get him, regardless of what people say now.
He said he isn't sure if she's an echo or not. He only knew she was in.

Also, why would they leak AT information after the AT is already in? They're only going to comment on material related to the current happenings. It also makes sense that they don't know some information because... they don't.

People tend to forget that leakers only have pieces of information. The ERSB leak was more than one person to begin with. Verg never had all the information from the start. He wasn't actually told how Isabelle would play, just that she was in. Pretty sure he didn't even note if Ken was an echo or not. Which is notable, because it's clear he wasn't given a lot of gameplay information, just character lists with few details.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Y'know. I find that funny. Because Verge is the one doing the Mic-drop gif after saying that Isaac's an AT.

Yet wasn't he the one that told Gamefaqs that we shouldn't underestimate golden sun? And that it's "more important to Nintendo than most people think."

Yet from this post, you would these were 2 completely different people saying these statements.

I find this fishy, even if it isn't concrete evidence against him.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
No Yoh is actually correct. He said Isabelle is gonna be an Echo and came out later saying that his source mistook her for an Echo.
So yeah think what you will of him but I think he is full of BS. The grinch leak is the very first one that kinda got me curious and I am still hoping it turns out to be true so the base roster can be great for a huge amount of fans.

Top Bottom