• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just popping in from the Geno thread to wish you guys the best of luck and many hopes that your favorite spell-swordsman makes it in.

Have faith, for tomorrow we see the Sun

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Yes, I’m prepared for the worst. That doesn’t mean I’ll settle for the worst.
The AT is not the worst. It is far from the worst. Getting nothing is the worst like what happened in Smash 4. Maybe you don't remember how long we spent sad the AT was gone when it was lost but I do. Not wanting at least the AT back is settling for the worst because there is close to 0 chance we will see him as DLC and a lot of chance we get nothing the worst possible scenario. At least with ATs we get something and there's still a slim chance he'll be playable. So if the choice is between two scenarios with close to 0% percent playable but one gets us something I'll take that. After all "Yes, I’m prepared for the worst. That doesn’t mean I’ll settle for the worst."

I don't have much hope for assist trophies getting promoted. There's no precedent for it.

I'm not saying it can't happen but I'm not going to hold my breath either.

Also not every popular character can get a slot on the base roster. It doesn't necessarily mean Sakurai doesn't understand their popularity.
I mean that's fine but we really have no precedent at all for the DLC to come. There's not vets to make and very few large 3rd parties who are realistic. And ATs are made from some pretty popular characters and are blurring the line between NPC and playable more than ever with Ultimate's changes. It may not happen sure but the possibility is there.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX There is a reason why I still love the My Hero Parody idea that Isaac is Deku and Capt. Falcon is All Might. Transferring his power to him to be the next hero! And if Isaac is fighter #69 as I have speculated to myself for quite a while, Isaac is going to be a hero to so many people in and outside of the Isaac fandom.[/QUOTE]
I have always felt that fans of lesser known Nintendo properties, particularly ones popular during the 2000s, vote for Isaac and help drive up his support by a decent margin.

Andy, Ray, Saki, Jill, Kyle Hyde, etc. just don't have the numbers. So they end up focusing on supporting Isaac instead. All of these characters have had the relevancy thing thrown at them, and if Isaac gets in, it destroys that relevancy thing. Not only that, its a fellow dead Nintendo IP and lesser known IP. There's a lot of empathy to be had.

You can't argue this for the other leak characters either, Geno is not relevant, but people know the series. Banjo is more popular. Mach Rider is retro and part of a pattern. Ken and Shadow are clones. And the Rhythm Heaven series is not as dead and still around.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
The AT is not the worst. It is far from the worst. Getting nothing is the worst like what happened in Smash 4. Maybe you don't remember how long we spent sad the AT was gone when it was lost but I do. Not wanting at least the AT back is settling for the worst because there is close to 0 chance we will see him as DLC and a lot of chance we get nothing the worst possible scenario. At least with ATs we get something and there's still a slim chance he'll be playable. So if the choice is between two scenarios with close to 0% percent playable but one gets us something I'll take that. After all "Yes, I’m prepared for the worst. That doesn’t mean I’ll settle for the worst."
And this is the end of this discussion. I cannot agree. I refuse to agree. So I’ll leave it at that.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit, my faith is shaken a little. I've been depressed all morning, especially over the possibility that he gets snowglobed. It would just feel like all the effort I put in was for nothing, especially having waited so long this cycle to see him at all.

It just always feels like the effort I put into anything blows up in my face.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
It'd feel like we've been strung along for years, since our character and series was completely missing in Smash 4 (well, save for two ripped tracks from Brawl and Dark Dawn).

We've kept hoping since back then. This 'bone' would just feel like a hard blow years in the making, like they really just forgot about Golden Sun and just ripped some tracks at the last minute.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Guys **** vergeben he’s just afraid that he will be debunked
This. He's just SEETHING that the Grinch leak took away a lot of attention from him. I can't wait to see this fraud get destroyed tomorrow. If he just kept his mouth shut, he would have been respected as another Gematsu at least.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm not losing hope until i see it by myself. All i hear are the ramblings of desperate "leakers" and "insiders" that have no way to prove what they claim as usual. 19 hours left…

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I must say, if the Grinch leak turned out true tomorrow, it would be the most epic thing ever.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Being an Assist Trophy is fine for minor characters and main ones from indie games, but giving that treatment to such a highly requested main character like Isaac would be downright insulting. I can't see Sakurai doing that to him again, especially when there's so much evidence pointing towards Golden Sun content in Ultimate.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You know things are overly pessimistic when Xeno comes back to tell us to get our **** together. Welcome back brother.

For what it’s worth, I think Isaac is in 100%, so I’m watching the Direct to see if the Grinch is real or not.

Ninetales Commander

Smash Cadet

I mean that's fine but we really have no precedent at all for the DLC to come. There's not vets to make and very few large 3rd parties who are realistic. And ATs are made from some pretty popular characters and are blurring the line between NPC and playable more than ever with Ultimate's changes. It may not happen sure but the possibility is there.
I'm sorry but I have to side with Jupiter Ivan on this 1, if Isaac does not show up at all, not even as an assist trophy, it leaves the hope he can still make it into Smash Bros Ultimate as DLC. And trust me, if he doesn't make it into the base game, his chances of DLC are as strong there. Isaac's demand is quite amazing honestly, I've come across a lot of lists that have him on it, some of which are from very popular people in the community.
Adding in Isaac as an assist trophy literally kills all chances he has and will make him be stuck in that state for good, yeah yeah I know there's the possibility they could change him to be playable but let's be real; The actual chances of that are very slim, it's never happened before so why would it change now? Besides, if they were going to change him to playable, they likely would have left him out initially.
Point is; Not adding him as an assist trophy keeps the hope alive, adding him as 1 destroys it.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Personally I think that since Verge doubled down on his Ken/Incineroar he knows that he will have lost all credibility come next Direct if the Grinch is true so he's left with no choice but to just go all-in on what he (thinks he) knows.

I think Verge is praying that the Grinch leak is fake just as we are paying that it's real - just for different reasons.

Keep your chin up, fellas. Regardless of what happens, our adventures with Golden Sun brought about this collective experience and even if it doesn't amount to what we want it's been a fun ride with all of you.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
All I have to say is, good luck. Anything can happen tomorrow, nothing is final until we see the direct with our own eyes. Just temper expectations.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys who told verge Isaac was an AT again?

Who?

Who?

25DB6A87-3C64-415C-9790-0683058834F1.jpeg
?

Think about it will ya?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You know things are overly pessimistic when Xeno comes back to tell us to get our **** together. Welcome back brother.

For what it’s worth, I think Isaac is in 100%, so I’m watching the Direct to see if the Grinch is real or not.
I thought this thread would be more happy that they have a shot at getting Isaac in smash.

At least more happy than I am. :urg:

Guys, Isaac is in. He will have an epic "Force" psynergy fist bump with Master Hand. Kraden is the AT and his effect his a giant text box that keeps asking you a yes or no question but there's no question.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
I don't have much hope for assist trophies getting promoted. There's no precedent for it.

I'm not saying it can't happen but I'm not going to hold my breath either.

Also not every popular character can get a slot on the base roster. It doesn't necessarily mean Sakurai doesn't understand their popularity.
Wasn't little Mac an AT in Brawl ?
So yeah there is a precedent.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't try to fight for same game AT Upgrades, otherwise I'd be begging for Goroh to be a character in Ultimate. But it's not gonna happen.

I'll at least go for Pico instead...even if it's a lost cause as well...

This franchise is a lost cause. ;-;

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Cheer up golden boys/gals.

The direct is tomorrow, less than 24 hours.

If I have one thing to say :Don't be afraid to ride the hype train.

I know that this thread won't explode with anger if we don't get Isaac. Sure, some will be disapointed, but I know you will just support him again for DLC , or Smash 6. A fictionnal character is dead when he's forgoten. That's not Isaac's case.
For now, get hyped, play Golden Sun (1, Lost Age, Dark Dawn) again, draw art of Isaac, listen to Golden's sun OST and remix, share your love for the Venus adept with your friends, and if necessary : Avoid Smashboards.

I know that the wait is killing us... But if you all can wait a decade for him , and still support him... What is another day?

You are a part of the Smash Bros fan-base history, as much as the Ridley, K Rool, Geno, and Banjo fanbases are.

You guys are heroes, you were the one who bring him back in the spotlight.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If Isaac was an assist trophy Sakurai wouldn’t tease Golden Sun like that with the Rathalos tweet and he wouldn’t wait until a month before release to crush a fanbase’s hopes and dreams like that. If Isaac was an AT he would have been revealed months ago with all the other popular characters who retained AT status.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Isaac was an assist trophy Sakurai wouldn’t tease Golden Sun like that with the Rathalos tweet and he wouldn’t wait until a month before release to crush a fanbase’s hopes and dreams like that. If Isaac was an AT he would have been revealed months ago with all the other popular characters who retained AT status.
Don't forget the supposed Golden Sun item and renewal as well as fan demand up there as King K. Rool and Ridley was.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I thought this thread would be more happy that they have a shot at getting Isaac in smash.

At least more happy than I am. :urg:
We were pretty hype and good, then Verge came out of nowhere and dropped the assist trophy bomb one day before the direct? Literally his only piece of info and with a mic drop gif at the end. How more obnoxious can you be? I don't even want him to have the satisfaction. Isaac has way too much going in his favor anyways for that to make sense, neither do I see Sakurai holding back an assist trophy of a highly requested character.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
exactly! giving us that hope spot just to snatch it away later is just mean and isn't like saks at all.

Top Bottom