• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the replies.. damn got an appointment in 4 and half from now... might not be able to watch it...

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Ugh, almost 3 1/2 hours to go now! The hype is too much for me to handle!

If Isaac gets confirmed, which I have no doubt he will, I am going to burst into tears of joy, with this song playing in the background.

Let's go! I believe in our boy!

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Darn guys, Emily got us again. Guess I’ll go play Mother 3 on my WiiU

Or Pokemon Stars, or the Switch port of Splatoon
6E37854A-586C-4275-A9E3-BD32AE9BBC54.jpeg

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Where's everyone watching the Direct and what are you all doing in the meantime?

I'm so excited.
I'm listening to 30 minutes loops of my favourite video game music. It's what I always do when waiting for directs for some reason.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Looking at some possible unis with a good master's course to apply to, the idea of Isaac joining and his possible trailer keeps me distracted though XD

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
They could never be wrong. Ever. Nope. Totally out of character. Their sources are flawless every single time!
Isn’t Emily that infamous “Breath of the Wild won’t be a Switch launch title” person?

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Isn’t Emily that infamous “Breath of the Wild won’t be a Switch launch title” person?
Also Pokemon Stars
Splatoon 2 Port
Smash Ult is a port
Mother 3 will be on WiiU VC
I cant believe all this stuff actually happened

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I can't fall back asleep. CRAP. guess I'll play soul calibur 6. Thank God this game came out so I have something to do while waiting for smash.

7NATOR

Smash Master
From the Shadow Thread, Good luck with getting some type of Golden Sun rep as playable. If Isaac does turn out as AT, Hopefully his Son takes his place as playable or something, I don't know. All i know is i wish you guys the best. that's all

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
From the Shadow Thread, Good luck with getting some type of Golden Sun rep as playable. If Isaac does turn out as AT, Hopefully his Son takes his place as playable or something, I don't know. All i know is i wish you guys the best. that's all
I really hope you get your DAMN character in Smash as well! Though Shadow always did seem like a lock to me

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I FOUND YOU! FAKER!!

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Hey guys, I've been here since around Page 30-ish, been an avid supporter of Isaac for many years and while I only really got into the Smash Speculation Community this year, you guys have been so welcoming and so kind towards not only myself, but everyone who joined before and after me, to support our golden boy.

Suffice it to say, Isaac was the reason why I made my first Smash video, as a way of showing my friends and followers who he was. I never expected it to lead into my channel growing as it did and I think it's safe to say that Smash Ultimate has genuinely changed my life. That's not an exageration on my part, this game has allowed me to continue doing what I love, to the point of reaching 20,000 subscribers yesterday, a dream I never thought possible.

And now we're standing here on the cusp of the final Smash Direct, where all the cards are gonna be laid out on the table. We've got conflicting reports from insiders saying different things and Isaac's got the least consistent information out of the lot - But I'll be damned if a few insiders are going to bring down my hopes for Isaac and the chance for Golden Sun to get representation.

I've seen so many people over the last few months pick up and try Golden Sun for the first time, I've seen people begin to really enjoy Isaac as a character, even people who had never heard of the franchise before this. It makes me proud that we, as a community, were able to drum up enough momentum for our Golden Boy and affect people in that way.

We got Golden Sun trending on twitter during the trademark, we have the Rathalos tweet from Sakurai, where the main replies are Golden Sun related, we came in second place in a reddit poll, defeating heavy-weights like Geno and Bandana Dee, only losing to Banjo & Kazooie. We've made friends across different support threads - The Geno, Banjo, Skull Kid, Shantae's of the boards, and in just a few hours, we're going to find out our fate.

If Isaac makes it in, I'm going to ugly cry and I'm not even going to try and hide it - This is a 10 year desire in the making. For once, I want to feel what the Ridley fans felt when they saw Ridley, what the K Rool fans felt when they saw K Rool, and I think we as a community have pulled our weight, let our voices be known and whether we're successful or not, we gave it a damn good effort.

If Isaac doesn't make it, I'll still be using my channel as a platform for DLC chances, regardless of if he's an AT or not playable at all, whether it be a fruitful or fruitless endeavour. I just hope that if things don't go our way, we don't fracture and split off. We need to stay strong, we need to stay together otherwise that's when we'll truly have given up.

I have faith that we will come out of this Lost Age of smash speculation, that we will watch the Dark Dawn be awash with the light of the Golden Sun. It's been a genuine honour serving with you all, and I hope for all the best.

I'll be watching the Direct live on Twitch, so I won't be able to comment here until after the Direct, but I truly feel we've got this.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Where's everyone watching the Direct and what are you all doing in the meantime?

I'm so excited.
Might go play the games that the leaked fellas are from for little memory jogging - been a while since I had to go complete Gobi's Valley in Banjo&Kazooie...

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I've been here since around Page 30-ish, been an avid supporter of Isaac for many years and while I only really got into the Smash Speculation Community this year, you guys have been so welcoming and so kind towards not only myself, but everyone who joined before and after me, to support our golden boy.

Suffice it to say, Isaac was the reason why I made my first Smash video, as a way of showing my friends and followers who he was. I never expected it to lead into my channel growing as it did and I think it's safe to say that Smash Ultimate has genuinely changed my life. That's not an exageration on my part, this game has allowed me to continue doing what I love, to the point of reaching 20,000 subscribers yesterday, a dream I never thought possible.

And now we're standing here on the cusp of the final Smash Direct, where all the cards are gonna be laid out on the table. We've got conflicting reports from insiders saying different things and Isaac's got the least consistent information out of the lot - But I'll be damned if a few insiders are going to bring down my hopes for Isaac and the chance for Golden Sun to get representation.

I've seen so many people over the last few months pick up and try Golden Sun for the first time, I've seen people begin to really enjoy Isaac as a character, even people who had never heard of the franchise before this. It makes me proud that we, as a community, were able to drum up enough momentum for our Golden Boy and affect people in that way.

We got Golden Sun trending on twitter during the trademark, we have the Rathalos tweet from Sakurai, where the main replies are Golden Sun related, we came in second place in a reddit poll, defeating heavy-weights like Geno and Bandana Dee, only losing to Banjo & Kazooie. We've made friends across different support threads - The Geno, Banjo, Skull Kid, Shantae's of the boards, and in just a few hours, we're going to find out our fate.

If Isaac makes it in, I'm going to ugly cry and I'm not even going to try and hide it - This is a 10 year desire in the making. For once, I want to feel what the Ridley fans felt when they saw Ridley, what the K Rool fans felt when they saw K Rool, and I think we as a community have pulled our weight, let our voices be known and whether we're successful or not, we gave it a damn good effort.

If Isaac doesn't make it, I'll still be using my channel as a platform for DLC chances, regardless of if he's an AT or not playable at all, whether it be a fruitful or fruitless endeavour. I just hope that if things don't go our way, we don't fracture and split off. We need to stay strong, we need to stay together otherwise that's when we'll truly have given up.

I have faith that we will come out of this Lost Age of smash speculation, that we will watch the Dark Dawn be awash with the light of the Golden Sun. It's been a genuine honour serving with you all, and I hope for all the best.

I'll be watching the Direct live on Twitch, so I won't be able to comment here until after the Direct, but I truly feel we've got this.
You and me both good buddy. When you start the adventure of supporting through DLC, I'll happily be a companion on your journey

SlyRocko

Smash Rookie
Best of luck to our Golden Boy Isaac!!! Hope he's in the game as a fighter <3

In other news, my TV is airing The Grinch movie about 75 minutes before the direct and I don't know if I'm still asleep and dreaming.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
My roommate might have to watch me ugly cry in a few hours.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Billybae10K Billybae10K
And I want to thank you for your awesome character rating videos, I loved watching every single episode of them! I agree with you, this sub is awesome and I would be so happy for the whole Isaac-community if he gets revealed today.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Well damn... I think I've found a new inspiration of sorts. Kudos to you Billy Bo1.

Anyway, this is really a high point in this long-running speculation... gladly even if we might not make it this time, we can still rally on. I though want to enjoy this sky-high feeling of it being closer than ever.

Last edited:

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
2 hours and 30 left...

It's like standing between the gate of Heaven and the pit of Hell, with Sakurai as Saint Peter.
Will we fall or rise ?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I've been supporting since page 82/83. Yikes that feels like so long ago!

Who else has been here for that long?

Also:

There is one thing I think has been overlooked and it was the Wii U's DLC.

That was a clear as day proof Sakurai was going to be using fan-service to sell the game. Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta and returning characters all as DLC.

He is clearly in touch with the fans as these are all characters we wanted in Smash. And now he is doing the same again.

He knows Isaac, Banjo, Geno and the rest are wanted. Now we must wait and see.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Our time is near guys. im wishing all of us the best of luck. Let’s get our golden boy to join the fight. It’s time for the sun to rise through the dark dawn. Heres my morning ritual. Please God. Please let him in smash bros this time as a fighter.

Attachments

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey, 7. I hope Shadow's as unique as you want him to be. I see you around Gamefaqs a lot, but that place is so toxic it sometimes has an effect on me.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Im still really hoping Matt gets the Alph treatment, his desgin is too god to waste.

Also, y’all wanna make bets on what Isaacs splash screen will be, winner gets a sense of satisfaction
I feel like they'd go for a sun pun, so I'm betting on "Isaac Rises Up!"

Top Bottom