• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Aids Extravaganza: ******* and Root Beer - Biddeford, ME - Jul 26, 08

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
oh yeah. TOM IS RIGHT

can we have a vigilant titte bar fill with rootbeer served by a coyote ugly milktea and some other chicks that play smash who are worshiped?

Boxman X

Smash Ace
Look here steakhead, I didn't ask for your 2 bit
Tom, if everyone else can agree on a date, I will change it. I didn't realize your tournament was the same day, but with the grim attendance of the last few Maine tourneys, I doubt it will affect your tournament at all. I mainely(lol) changed it so more Mainers will be able to make it, which I believe will make up the vat majority of our tournament with some OOSers like Skler.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm also in favor of changing the date so it's not on the same date as Tom's tournament. This is a new game, perhaps attendance might increase for either tournament, so let's not risk running a tournament the same day in the same region.

After all, Tom has done the same for us before, rescheduling his tournament. I think we owe him, at least.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
What about july 5th or the 12th if you guys can make it either one of these dates then I will try my best to attend since I haven't been to ME in awhile. I am going to be honest and say that going up there scares me because of the distance between exits. I am always afraid I am going to break down (don't jinx myself).

try using fliers for this tourney I mean everybody loves brawl.:laugh:

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
how about June 22 (a sunday)?

Edit - 21st... for some reason I thought there was a tournament already planned for that saturday, but it doesn't seem like there is.

Banks

Smash Hero
If we are changing because of tom's tournament, i vote july 26th because it gives everyone and their mom over a month's notice, basically two months.

ParlNock

Smash Apprentice
This is Tom- I won't be able to go if it's on the 26th because I am running a gears of war tourney in Framingham

Boxman X

Smash Ace
Look here steakhead, I didn't ask for your 2 bit
June 7th and 14th is too soon.

June 21st and July 26th won't work for Bangor(Bitty may be in basic training by the 26th)

June 28th is Tom's tournament.

July 3rd-6th is Portcon, so that doesn't work(I want to go+Bangor does too.)

July 12th-19th won't work for Banks/th0rn.

June 21-22 is YGO Nationals, which I am going to.

Missing anything?

Banks

Smash Hero
Well july 26th would be the choice to appease everyone.

However let me review these reasons. I'm going to assume no one is going to miss portcon or YGO nationals seeing as mainers want to go to those.

The remaining choices leave tom's tournament, bangor not being available, and me/th0rn not being available.
As far as Tom's tournament we could see if anyone we r expecting or wanting to come is planning on going to tom's tournament and see if any attendees conflict with each other. I do understand the reasoning put forth by Dylan about switiching it off june 28th regardless though.
As for me and th0rn, the 12th is a definite 100% undoable because thats the day we are leaving. If somehow it HAS to be on the 19th theres a slim chance we would leave our vacation cottage in NY friday or early enough saturday to salvage the day but it depends on weather and what time my parents want to leave etc and its highly doubtful we'd make it for the first few events if anything.
As for Bangor idk the driving situation over there, but if Bitty is really wanting to attend and is the only driver then the dates they can't make it would be pretty crappy too.

Overall my vote is for the 26th of July. I really want to attend but I can see our vacation time is jumbling this up...=/

Banks

Smash Hero
i hope for his sake and everyone else's that his basic training is exactly like Francis' from malcolm in the middle

8BITT

Smash Rookie
Well, i just got back from MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station), and my official date for shipping out to basic, is July 29th, which means, I CAN AND WILL GO TO THIS.

Armus

Smash Cadet
>_> If somebody wants to swing by all the way to Rumford, I can go. Otherwise, I'm missing out. Sorry Banks.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
i hope for his sake and everyone else's that his basic training is exactly like Francis' from malcolm in the middle
lol awesome

Well, i just got back from MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station), and my official date for shipping out to basic, is July 29th, which means, I CAN AND WILL GO TO THIS.
you're so stressed out you don't poop for 2 weeks, have fun with that

Banks

Smash Hero
what about the wet t-shirt contest using root beer instead of water and men instead of women due to lack of females. Milktea can enter i guess

Top Bottom