• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Aura Sphere Spamming for the win!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
When Lucario gets his % in the 150% or higher. His uncharged aura sphere becomes as damaging as the fully charged aura sphere at 0%. Which makes this the most powerful projectile spamming attack in this game! It does about 10% at 150-199% and about 12% at 200% or higher, UNCHARGED! Its especially good to spam it against characters with huge priority and ranged attacks. And if they manage to get through the barrage of super aura spheres, you can simply stutter step back and do a f-smash. Just try your best to play it safe around the higher % for you to be able to pull this off effectively.
It was very effective because it racked up safe damage. This also works for semi charged aura spheres, while your opponent is on their toes trying to dodge the less powerful sphere's. Anyways, this is insane, Lucario becomes high tier material while in this form of playstyle. Test it out for yourselves. A funny abbreviation to call this kind of playstyle is S.A.S.S. Super Aura Sphere Spamming. What cant kill you can only make you stronger!

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
interesting to note, i hardly ever use uncharged aura spheres but that would be fun to use.
though I really go against spamming them. spammers induce hate, hate induce hackers.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
If you play to win. You will use this strategy. Its making the best out of lucario's super aura ability. Playing offensive with super high damage is stupid. You play offensive when Lucario is at low %. And you play defensive when Lucario is at high %. So its not like your going to be spamming all match long... only when you have high damage, you definitly should.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
yeah its not spamming, you guys are saying when ur at high damage ur just gona run into someone wildly attacking and throwing out double teams?

LucarioPAX

Smash Cadet
Yea, pits reflects are a bit... abundent. but thats aside from the point, the speres are slow enough you can dodge them when they are reflected, so its more of a technique to keep em jumping, and if they forget (Which they wont) that the spheres rack up a good % of damage, then it could work nicely, or if they drop their guard for a bit.
Every mario player gets hit by a fireball some day...
(I mean this as an analogy to the good old days, when bowsers main attack was jumping and throwing fireballs, not related to smash in anyway...)

CSTIK

Smash Cadet
Wolf's reflector can easily reflect the sphere and hit you before you're even finished the firing animation. Happens to me all the time.

Edit: fully charged. Don't know about uncharged...you'd have to be closer maybe. Is that animation faster?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay, lets not just think this guy is suggesting "Fire blindly at the opponent!"
Thats dumb.
You should short hop them, half-charge them, follow with small ones.
Obviously, don't abuse against reflectors.
-DD

Barret3B

Smash Cadet
That is a wonderful use of having high damage, but i prefere my method of: Kill them before you get that high.
Well, the magical thing about brawl is, eventually you will be at a high % unless your opponent sucks, and once you do kill them they come back on the next stock. So theres always time to employ a strategy like this.

Top Bottom