• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy 2

UberMario

Smash Master
Nintendogs is/was a great game, but it was a little to empty to deserve a perfect score. Still was an ingenious and amazing game though. (I wish there was a way to "suspend" it or have a food dispenser . . . or more stuff)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Arn't we strayin a little off topic...

EDIT: Holy snauseges guys, a new character to be playable at 120 stars possibly!

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/

Question is...who in the world would it be...Rosalina perhaps? (not who i'd prefer but in a adventure taking place in space, and no other candidates seem likely...probably will be)

Famous

Smash Champion
Well the "Secret Character" is basically going to be an NPC/PC already seen inside the game

It's either going to be Yoshi or The Chimp...

EDIT

...Yoshi is still a possibility since his character design already has all the animations of that of Mario/Luigi...We haven't seen "The Chimp" but If he is the monkey from Super Mario World 2 then I would doubt him being the secret playable character due to his character design possibly

I highly doubt that Nintendo added a unique secret character in since Mario/Luigi character models have been recycled from SMG1

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
If Yoshi was playable as a selectable character, wouldn't that bring him in situations where he would have to ride Yoshi? :ohwell:
Actually, Yoshi might get some of Mario's suits, and you'll basically ride yoshi for the whole game (tongue, etc, but still like playing mario).

That would actually be pretty cool.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I think the extra character could be Yoshi. So far Galaxy 2 is being everything I would hope Super Mario 64 should had been, unless you include Super Mario 64 DS. xD

XACE-K

Smash Master
I want play as Princess Peach, and Mario get kidnapped by Bowser. Imagine the CONTROVERSY!
Hasn't this already happened in Super Princess Peach? I never played the game but I think this happens.

As for the secret character, I would most like to play as Yoshi but I have no idea who it could be.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
That actually seems pretty cool.

Mario stories never really mattered to me that much, though, even in the RPG's.

I'm really happy to hear Yoshi being in this game more than NSMBWii. Like, really. As much as I hate the stupid thing, it really is a good break from the norm.

UberMario

Smash Master
- SUPER MARIO GALAXY NEVER HAPPENED. Technically. Instead, the game takes place in an alternate reality where Mario and the Lumas etc. have never met before.
I really don't understand why Nintendo would do this. I hope it was just a mistake and that only the band of Lumas who become Mario's crew are the ones that had never met him before.
- The sidescrolling intro? It's part of a story book, and as you play, the pages turn and the story appears below. Sounds cool.
Don't know if this is a plus or minus, but it sounds cool if they do it right.
- Bowser kidnaps Peach. Oh noes. He's also giant for some reason.
I wonder if it's only for that stage they showed in the trailer or if this applies to the whole game.
- One of the stars in the TreeTrunk Galaxy is obtainable in a similar way to the Princess' Secret Slide level. Complete with the same music. Hell yeah.
YAY!
- Luigi comes along to be playable at only 20 stars, and they hint at another available character when you get the 120... Oh darn it now I'm excited.
If it is Yoshi, hopefully he'll be able eat items (i.e. balloon fruit) without the assistance of another Yoshi.
- A monkey character known as "The Chimp" who let's you play minigames. Intriguing.
Maybe it's the unused beta monkey from Super Mario Galaxy? (Which was originally from Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, but had full textures and models in SMG's coding)
- If you use the Cosmic Guide (the helping feature), the star you obtain is bronze instead of Gold to ETERNALLY SHAME YOU until you get it yourself. Mario also pulls a funny face when he's possessed.
LOL That should be a sight.
- The Bowser stages are reminscent of Super Mario 64's.
SWEET!

Famous

Smash Champion
It's not like this never happened before...Super Mario 2 never took place either...It was just Mario's Dream

XACE-K

Smash Master

Famous

Smash Champion
If money is tight then I might have to pirate it from somewhere...I really want to support Nintendo by buying it though...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll try to not get spoiled anymore than I am right now. I want to be surprised when the game come's out. ^_^;

Though I have the feeling that the current spoilers are a minor part of the game. XD

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'll try to not get spoiled anymore than I am right now. I want to be surprised when the game come's out. ^_^;

Though I have the feeling that the current spoilers are a minor part of the game. XD

The spoilers aren't THAT big. You usually can't spoil anything with a mario game unless its an RPG.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So you don't get an extra character after 120 stars, oh well that's fine.

But you do get something apparently...

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
This looks awesome, only a few weeks away, can't wait! I'm definitely getting this when it comes out!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If the secret is something akin to the coconuts being turned into watermelons after collecting 9999 Star Bits in SMG1, that would be very disappointing.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
are you serious

holy ****, i gotta play that game more. i love watermelons.

i hope it's a secret galaxy of sorts like bowser king said. or better yet a whole secret world filled with galaxies. now that would be rad.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'll embed it:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3I_W2z70ADw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3I_W2z70ADw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

My mind is blown. They should just remake SM64 with the Galaxy engine.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I kinda hope they move up mario's maximum speed.. you could never really feel like a ninja in galaxy since everything was so slow paced.

sure it should be doable for beginners, but at the same time be possible to completely blaze through the levels if you're good enough and use the right tricks and moves. I miss that feeling. =(

BSP

Smash Legend
It probably won't happen, but I'd prefer if the fire and ice powers were permanent until you got damaged.

That clip looked awesome. Going to be a great game.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I personally wouldn't like to see that happen. Mainly because I've beaten SM64 enough times (N64 and DS).

If that were to happen though, a huge majority of gamers would attack Nintendo for trying to make a quick cash-in (as some continue to do for this game).

Top Bottom