• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, as for what you're doing right, there isn't much I have to complain about. There aren't any blind jumps leading to death, or things of that nature. The only room for improvement I can think of, but only for the sake of coming up with an idea for improvement, is maybe have more balance in difficulty? I don't know.

As for speedrunning, so far, with the exception for the "bullet hell" that is Temporal Tower, all of your levels seem speedrun friendly, so long as said speedrunner plans his/her route in advance, and plays the level several times to get a feel for how it should be done. There are few levels I've played that are not speedrun friendly (again, Temporal Tower being an example), so most levels are usually speedrun friendly, whether it was intended or not.

As for your Undertale level, I've beaten it quite a few times, so I sort of applied the level layout to muscle memory. lol

So I had just created a profile on MarioMade's website... and I have no clue how to navigate it, let alone post something.
The Boss of Temporal Tower was something that was really hard to beat for me within a single run without dying. (Since you have to finish you're from the start and on the checkpoint.) So yeah, this level isn't really made for speedrunning.

But for the rest, thank you for feedback! :)
Also.
I kind of wish I could save my drawings separately from the level screenshots. lol

See Doodle like this made me determinate to finish Expert Mode until i got all the costume i need.
You will see why in the futur.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
With my 1300th star, I was finally able to upload more levels in the Nintendo Sirens series. I'm still working on world 7, which will be released a bit later. World 6 is rather different than the others, in the fact that 6-4 isn't a castle level, but an easy normal stage. There is a specific reason for this, which segues into world 7, but you'll find out when we get to that bridge. ;3

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Claire Diviner Claire Diviner , i played and starred a bunch of you're level. I have however encounter a problem on one of you're level. Check out on Miiverse for see the rest.

Also, you're level are really great! :)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey Claire Diviner Claire Diviner , i played and starred a bunch of you're level. I have however encounter a problem on one of you're level. Check out on Miiverse for see the rest.

Also, you're level are really great! :)
I already saw the Miiverse comment. You have to gently tap the jump button to make it into the gap. I always thought that was an elementary thing, but it turns out more and more people are having difficulty with those kinds of jumps. Weird.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I already saw the Miiverse comment. You have to gently tap the jump button to make it into the gap. I always thought that was an elementary thing, but it turns out more and more people are having difficulty with those kinds of jumps. Weird.
Those jump are the thing that seem natural to a player i will say.

Also, i retry it but there is some other problem with this puzzle that i didn't finish it. Sorry for that, but puzzle in platform game are for me boring after alot of retry. Especially when you fail the puzzle not because of you, but because there is just something that doesn't work. (Like killing the big Muncher kill also the little muncher that you need for activate the P-switch.)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Those jump are the thing that seem natural to a player i will say.

Also, i retry it but there is some other problem with this puzzle that i didn't finish it. Sorry for that, but puzzle in platform game are for me boring after alot of retry. Especially when you fail the puzzle not because of you, but because there is just something that doesn't work. (Like killing the big Muncher kill also the little muncher that you need for activate the P-switch.)
If you followed the steps in the comments (you can also display said comments on screen by activating comments), you're supposed to activate the P-switch before nuking the Munchers to proceed.

In hindsight, I admit that this is the most difficult puzzle-based section of any level I've made, so you don't have to worry about other puzzles being this intricate. The rest of the level is actually very simple, strangely enough.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If you followed the steps in the comments (you can also display said comments on screen by activating comments), you're supposed to activate the P-switch before nuking the Munchers to proceed.

In hindsight, I admit that this is the most difficult puzzle-based section of any level I've made, so you don't have to worry about other puzzles being this intricate. The rest of the level is actually very simple, strangely enough.
That's what i am doing, but except if i run like crazy. The muncher is going to go on the screen with the POW block.

Really, i think this is kinda a difficulty spike that could be changed. Atleest in my opinion, you're other puzzle are great. But this one....Not so much. And alot of people seem also to not like it.

Of course, it's my opinion, and it's you that decide.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's not that the puzzle isn't great, it's that it requires a lot of thinking. Also, you're supposed to move the POW block into position before activating the P-switch.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's not that the puzzle isn't great, it's that it requires a lot of thinking. Also, you're supposed to move the POW block into position before activating the P-switch.
Hum...I see, well, i will try it another day. Now, there is some people that are going to come for diner. So i have to be with the other or be just here on my PC.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah the puzzle works exactly how Claire describes it. You don't really need to run to much. It's tricky but the tips help a lot.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah the puzzle works exactly how Claire describes it. You don't really need to run to much. It's tricky but the tips help a lot.
Well maybe my brain is maybe not strong enough to do this puzzle, lol.

But to be true, having a timer in a puzzle like this is really something that i don't like. If only level could have no timer at all, it would be so good for me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well maybe my brain is maybe not strong enough to do this puzzle, lol.

But to be true, having a timer in a puzzle like this is really something that i don't like. If only level could have no timer at all, it would be so good for me.
Yay the timer is annoying.. I competed it with 30 seconds left lol. Once you know what to do, it's about speed, and precision.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
It's part of the puzzle. The level is completely fair. It's there to say "you can't proceed through this door without the Goomba's Shoe".
I don't have a problem with the door over the spike, it makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is placing an important item such as a P-Switch inside a hidden block. I'm not a mind reader and feel that any item that's imperative to completing a course should never be placed inside a hidden block, without some indication it's there. If there's some trick to retrieving it, that's fine, but making it a guessing game is poor course design (in my opinion).

The room was small enough and it was hidden above a statue, but it still didn't need to be hidden. Next time you might consider placing a coin up there to hint at the hidden block's location. You might also consider making it a consistent theme that crucial items are always hidden over the top of statues, so players know to look out for them. Aside from that, the rest of the course was pretty straight forward and simple.

Dan

Smash Lord
I don't have a problem with the door over the spike, it makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is placing an important item such as a P-Switch inside a hidden block. I'm not a mind reader and feel that any item that's imperative to completing a course should never be placed inside a hidden block, without some indication it's there. If there's some trick to retrieving it, that's fine, but making it a guessing game is poor course design (in my opinion).

The room was small enough and it was hidden above a statue, but it still didn't need to be hidden. Next time you might consider placing a coin up there to hint at the hidden block's location. You might also consider making it a consistent theme that crucial items are always hidden over the top of statues, so players know to look out for them. Aside from that, the rest of the course was pretty straight forward and simple.
I did think of that, but I figured it was the 1st room and there's really nothing to do but search for hidden blocks.

Fair criticism. Trust me; I mulled over it before uploading. It just would have made an already simple course more boring imo.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I had no problem figuring out that a P-switch was hidden. Finding said P-switch was also just as simple for me. I dunno, maybe I just have some level of intuition that allows me to understand certain patterns and habits of level layouts in Mario games (let alone player-created levels)?

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I did think of that, but I figured it was the 1st room and there's really nothing to do but search for hidden blocks.

Fair criticism. Trust me; I mulled over it before uploading. It just would have made an already simple course more boring imo.
I had no problem figuring out that a P-switch was hidden. Finding said P-switch was also just as simple for me. I dunno, maybe I just have some level of intuition that allows me to understand certain patterns and habits of level layouts in Mario games (let alone player-created levels)?
I quickly found the P-Switch as well, I just don't believe in hide-and-seek or guessing games when it comes to valuable items within courses. Hidden blocks are typically meant for rewards (1-UPs in the original games and helpful, but not mandatory items in Mario Maker). Just my personal opinion, though. I feel that an item that is required to complete a level should be in plain sight, even if the method for acquiring it isn't so obvious. If it's not in plain sight, there needs to be a logical solution to finding it.

As I said in my previous post, there are ways to direct the player where they need to go without being too obvious. There could have been additional Bowser statues that somehow hinted to the player that they contained a secret above them. Place coins over the others, but not the the one with the P-Switch. In that scenario, the player would have to realize it was a mini-puzzle. Another way would be to place a sound effect near the other statues with a hidden coin or 1-UP block over them. That would also indicate to the player to search above statues to find hidden items. Things like that are huge to me when critiquing the overall design of a course.

Dan

Smash Lord
I quickly found the P-Switch as well, I just don't believe in hide-and-seek or guessing games when it comes to valuable items within courses. Hidden blocks are typically meant for rewards (1-UPs in the original games and helpful, but not mandatory items in Mario Maker). Just my personal opinion, though. I feel that an item that is required to complete a level should be in plain sight, even if the method for acquiring it isn't so obvious. If it's not in plain sight, there needs to be a logical solution to finding it.

As I said in my previous post, there are ways to direct the player where they need to go without being too obvious. There could have been additional Bowser statues that somehow hinted to the player that they contained a secret above them. Place coins over the others, but not the the one with the P-Switch. In that scenario, the player would have to realize it was a mini-puzzle. Another way would be to place a sound effect near the other statues with a hidden coin or 1-UP block over them. That would also indicate to the player to search above statues to find hidden items. Things like that are huge to me when critiquing the overall design of a course.
Fair enough. I guess I'm just tearing up the rules Miyamoto put in place for us, but honestly, thank you for the constructive criticism. I 100% agree with what you're saying; it's rare for me to do something like this. Trust me; I go through and think about stuff like this when evaluating the level.

Maybe the Bowser statue itself is unique and notable enough to suggest the player to go over to it.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Fair enough. I guess I'm just tearing up the rules Miyamoto put in place for us, but honestly, thank you for the constructive criticism. I 100% agree with what you're saying; it's rare for me to do something like this. Trust me; I go through and think about stuff like this when evaluating the level.

Maybe the Bowser statue itself is unique and notable enough to suggest the player to go over to it.
No problem! I agree about the Bowser statue being unique on it's own and thought maybe that was the hint, except it does appear elsewhere in the course with nothing hidden above it. For me personally, I try to keep themes and gimmicks consistent throughout the course.

Ultimately, though, Mario Maker is a very unique game. Just because something occurred in the original titles or works for one creator doesn't mean those rules apply to everyone. If you can justify something when creating a level and have put thought into it, then it definitely works, no matter what anyone else thinks.

For me, I have certain things I look for when playing and creating a course. I'm often surprised when I come across something that goes against those beliefs and I end up really enjoying it. I'm glad to see so many people enjoying this game, each with their own unique style. Rules are meant to be broken, right? :bee:

Dan

Smash Lord
No problem! I agree about the Bowser statue being unique on it's own and thought maybe that was the hint, except it does appear elsewhere in the course with nothing hidden above it. For me personally, I try to keep themes and gimmicks consistent throughout the course.

Ultimately, though, Mario Maker is a very unique game. Just because something occurred in the original titles or works for one creator doesn't mean those rules apply to everyone. If you can justify something when creating a level and have put thought into it, then it definitely works, no matter what anyone else thinks.

For me, I have certain things I look for when playing and creating a course. I'm often surprised when I come across something that goes against those beliefs and I end up really enjoying it. I'm glad to see so many people enjoying this game, each with their own unique style. Rules are meant to be broken, right? :bee:
You sound like a smart guy. I'll have to play your levels sometime. ;)

I also have Claire's bookmarked as well, so I have a pretty big backlog. :laugh:

My next level idea is actually a pretty odd one, and may take a good amount of time. Has anyone ever played Virtual Bart on the SNES or Genesis? The Simpsons were notable for having a myriad of ****ty titles for pretty much ever (honestly Hit & Run was the only good one off the top of my head), but I'm going to be revisiting some childhood nostalgia by trying to recreate the 'Pig Bart' level from this game.

From the work I've done so far, surprisingly a lot of the assets from this level are in Mario Maker, i.e. P-Switches for levers, the elevators, conveyor belts, P-Doors, etc. And then the second half of the level is a freezer, where ice blocks and platforms on tracks can be utilized as well... Damn, there's also a flame section as well. This is going to take a while, but this level was made for Mario Maker.

I was mulling over a Mario Bros. USA 1-1 remake, but even Nintendo did that, but I know no one will do this.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's my newest course...

C-2: P-Switch Door Ghost House
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/5CDE-0000-0198-8FF1

As the course title points out, this course contains a bunch of P-Switch Warp Doors, and what you basically have to do is bring the P-Switches over to the doors. On a side note, since this is a ghost house course, there are no checkpoint flags.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, i just saw some problem with my Zelda Majora Mask level. So, i have to deleted online later...
"Sigh"
Seriously, i hate that you have to delete you're level for not wasting place for other futur level. If only there was a option "Upload a Advenced version of this level". That would be soooo good for me.

Also, since it isn't getting alot of attention, i think i am just going to reupload my Undertale level too. I don't think i will change anything however.

Edit: Actually, i am not going to reupload my Undertale level, i just got a star.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
World 7 is officially up. It's planet Zebes, from the Metroid series. I tried to recreate the aesthetics of each stage's respective area, and since Crateria and Maridia are from the 16-bit Super Metroid, it was especially tricky trying to get as much of those areas with the right aesthetic into the limited grid, with the even more painful 2000 block limit.

All things considered, I had fun making this world in particular, so feel free to play through them and let me know what you think.

I badly wanted to do Norfair, but the games tile sets' colors do not fit the aesthetics of any of Norfair's appearances in the series, so that's a bummer.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
World 7 is officially up. It's planet Zebes, from the Metroid series. I tried to recreate the aesthetics of each stage's respective area, and since Crateria and Maridia are from the 16-bit Super Metroid, it was especially tricky trying to get as much of those areas with the right aesthetic into the limited grid, with the even more painful 2000 block limit.

All things considered, I had fun making this world in particular, so feel free to play through them and let me know what you think.

I badly wanted to do Norfair, but the games tile sets' colors do not fit the aesthetics of any of Norfair's appearances in the series, so that's a bummer.

Well even tough i posted 1 comment on the 4 level. I still want to say it here that...
cae.gif
Seriously, i loved those level. For a Metroid fan like me, it's easily 10/10 for me. I think those 4 level are my favourite level made by you. Really, great job! :)
(Also, i didn't die once!)

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well even tough i posted 1 comment on the 4 level. I still want to say it here that...
View attachment 92979
Seriously, i loved those level. For a Metroid fan like me, it's easily 10/10 for me. I think those 4 level are my favourite level made by you. Really, great job! :)
(Also, i didn't die once!)
I'm so glad to hear that. Brinstar and Tourian were pretty easy to recreate, but Crateria and Maridia, being from a 16-bit game, was trickier, so I tried to fit in the more recognizable areas as best as I can. Crateria in particular is a little more bare bones, due to the 2000 block limit, but I'm content with it.

My favorite of the four are Brinstar and Tourian, only because they really capture the feel of the original NES counterparts, I would think. Again, thanks for the feedback! :D

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm so glad to hear that. Brinstar and Tourian were pretty easy to recreate, but Crateria and Maridia, being from a 16-bit game, was trickier, so I tried to fit in the more recognizable areas as best as I can. Crateria in particular is a little more bare bones, due to the 2000 block limit, but I'm content with it.

My favorite of the four are Brinstar and Tourian, only because they really capture the feel of the original NES counterparts, I would think. Again, thanks for the feedback! :D
Since i have made a level on Tourian, that i have see some other Metroid level (With some being also recreation of Tourian and Brinstar.). I have to say that, even tough there is some similarity between those level (But really, when you made the recreation of a level. Of course some other level are going to be kinda the one you made.) It was pretty good, with a good difficutly and the aesthistic was definely Metroid-like! Really, you deserve those star. :)

Dan

Smash Lord
Is there any way to directly reply to someone's comment on your level?

One of the last stupid things they need to remove from this game: stars being tied to level comments.

You know what it is? It's Nintendo's way of encouraging only positive comments, but what about constructive criticism?

It is really sad that the top courses are "don't stop running", glitch or automatic levels.

Is there such a thing where you can watch a video of the world record for your level, or is that in a future update, or is that not a thing at all?

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Recently I unlocked pretty much all of the tools in Mario Maker (only missing the Weird Mushroom) and so I modified my last uploaded stage, adding checkpoints and some fun stuff to it. I then removed the old version and replaced it with the new one. This version is doing much better than the old one; it already has 100 plays within 12 hours while the other one only had 18 plays within a week!
I'd be honored if any of you tried it out; here is the link if you want to play it. If you enjoy the stage, a star would be greatly appreciated! I have three other uploaded stages too, but they're pretty much garbage that I made early on. Two of them are hard for the sake of being hard and the other one is really easy with hidden secrets that nobody has the motivation to find. So if you want to play them, go ahead. But you're probably not gonna like them.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
WELL,Well, well...
It's been quit some time but, i have finally finished and uploaded a level! What is the name?
The True Power of "NEO"
If you know Undertale, then you will have a iea on what i have done. And for the others that don't know about Undertale, well...It's not too "spoil-ish".
So yeah, here the link if you want to try out.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/7907-0000-01A7-D40D
I hope you will enjoy it and if you do, don't forget to leave a star and maybe a comment too! ;)
And if you gonna to do it.
Then good luck for defeating the true power of NEO!:4bowserjr:

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Recently I unlocked pretty much all of the tools in Mario Maker (only missing the Weird Mushroom) and so I modified my last uploaded stage, adding checkpoints and some fun stuff to it. I then removed the old version and replaced it with the new one. This version is doing much better than the old one; it already has 100 plays within 12 hours while the other one only had 18 plays within a week!
I'd be honored if any of you tried it out; here is the link if you want to play it. If you enjoy the stage, a star would be greatly appreciated! I have three other uploaded stages too, but they're pretty much garbage that I made early on. Two of them are hard for the sake of being hard and the other one is really easy with hidden secrets that nobody has the motivation to find. So if you want to play them, go ahead. But you're probably not gonna like them.
Just played and starred them. They all weren't too bad, if you ask me.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Is there any way to directly reply to someone's comment on your level?

One of the last stupid things they need to remove from this game: stars being tied to level comments.

You know what it is? It's Nintendo's way of encouraging only positive comments, but what about constructive criticism?

It is really sad that the top courses are "don't stop running", glitch or automatic levels.

Is there such a thing where you can watch a video of the world record for your level, or is that in a future update, or is that not a thing at all?
It's fairly easy to post a comment to a level without leaving a star. Simply head to the course's BOOKMARK page and click on the Miiverse button. Then just log-in to Miiverse and comment away. I do it all the time and I think it confuses people that were expecting a star along with a comment on their troll course. :bee:

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's fairly easy to post a comment to a level without leaving a star. Simply head to the course's BOOKMARK page and click on the Miiverse button. Then just log-in to Miiverse and comment away. I do it all the time and I think it confuses people that were expecting a star along with a comment on their troll course. :bee:
Genius!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
How I'm feeling right now...

image.jpeg

It really kills my mood to do much Mario Making, but the good news is that I fought through some of my sickness enough to get World 8 of my Nintendo Sirens series done, effectively concluding the series (more on that later). I've also finished 9-1 and 9-2, both of which are titled "NS 9-1 Golden Road", and "NS 9-2 Golden Road" respectively... You can probably guess that it's become a sort of "signature" for me at this point. Will work on 9-3 and 9-4 tomorrow.

Well I finally completed my VVVVVV-inspired Gravity flipping course:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk2wjxluQ

(5AC3-0000-01AB-D887)

I've been working on it on and off for a couple months, so I hope it's good. Also there are two ways to complete the level: the normal way, and "Doing Things The Hard Way".
I will gladly check it out tomorrow, if my cold doesn't beat me down (pic slightly related).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
How I'm feeling right now...

View attachment 93978

It really kills my mood to do much Mario Making, but the good news is that I fought through some of my sickness enough to get World 8 of my Nintendo Sirens series done, effectively concluding the series (more on that later). I've also finished 9-1 and 9-2, both of which are titled "NS 9-1 Golden Road", and "NS 9-2 Golden Road" respectively... You can probably guess that it's become a sort of "signature" for me at this point. Will work on 9-3 and 9-4 tomorrow.

I will gladly check it out tomorrow, if my cold doesn't beat me down (pic slightly related).

Damn, i hope you will get better soon.
Good thing you beated my last level before you got sick. Or else, The Power of NEO would have been too strong for you. :4kappa:
Anyway, i'm going to play you're level at home.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, I didn't upload them yet. I gotta wait for my 2000th star. lol
Well, i didn't know that since the servor of SMM are down for now, lol.
Also, after alot of try, my sister have finish my latest level. She was determinate to finish it!

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well I finally completed my VVVVVV-inspired Gravity flipping course:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk2wjxluQ

(5AC3-0000-01AB-D887)

I've been working on it on and off for a couple months, so I hope it's good. Also there are two ways to complete the level: the normal way, and "Doing Things The Hard Way".
I finally got to play your level. I commented on it on Miiverse, but the 85 character limit wasn't enough to say what I really wanted to say.

Anyway, I've never played VVVVVV, but I've seen it played (including the AGDQ stream), and so I was thinking, "How is he going to recreate the game's gravity thing?" Upon entering the first pipe, I already knew and fell in love with the level. The hardest part for me, was the burners when going down, just getting that out the way. I noticed the doors, and wondered why they were there (the comments were disabled, so I was completely blind to the level), but then after coming across a certain element nearing the end, it was easy to figure out. Anyway, the difficulty, as expected, was pretty high, but not punishingly so (except maybe the burners?), and the area with the spikes was genius. I just wish I figured out the easier path I could've taken. lol

Once again, I really liked the level, and any player and/or fan of VVVVVV will recognize the inspiration. Great job. You've got yourself a new follower. :D

Top Bottom