• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario World

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I loved the ghost houses, and i also loved being in the forest of illusion. Thats the best name for a forest ever!

Beware the Jabberwocky

Smash Apprentice
@UberMario: Unfortunently, the Virtual Console will not be able to be an perfect solution the piracy crisis. For example, rumored legal issues surrounding Earthbound that could prevent an VC release, which only encouraged more ROM download of the game and jump prices of the already expensive cartridges. But let's not go into details about this.
I dont think they would ever allow the Earthbound series into the U.S.A, actually. It is a rated E game, but has some extremely controversial bits and pieces throughout the games that a lot of people would riot over. Sad, really... it's a great game.

Anyways, my most memorable stage will have to be that one world with the blue dolphins (lol). There was no land, only water and dolphins. If you fell into the water, you'd be killed by the giant pufferfish.

UberMario

Smash Master
Actually the main problem with Earthbound was that it stole a lot of material from real bands, including the Beatles.

And I lol'd when Luigi could cause Yoshi to vomit dolphins in Super Mario Advance 2 on that stage.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I dont think they would ever allow the Earthbound series into the U.S.A, actually. It is a rated E game, but has some extremely controversial bits and pieces throughout the games that a lot of people would riot over. Sad, really... it's a great game.

Anyways, my most memorable stage will have to be that one world with the blue dolphins (lol). There was no land, only water and dolphins. If you fell into the water, you'd be killed by the giant pufferfish.
Huh? Earthbound was released in America. In fact, the title "Earthbound" is only the North American title/European. The series is actually "Mother" and Earthbound is "Mother 2".

It didn't cause any controversy when it came out. It didn't do very well in the US, though. There is a huge cult following and I think a very decent sized market for another Mother game. Nintendo obviously isn't interested as the only translation of Mother 3 is a fan translation.

Shök

Smash Champion
This was one of the first videogames I ever played.

And BTW, the hidden sprites you unlocked after beating Specials sucked hard.
Ha ha. Indeed.

I always hated the Vanilla Dome. >_>

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
I think on my first playthrough, I went to Butter Bridge but couldn't beat it, so I went to Star Road and beat the levels there and ended up at Bowser's front door.

I was like o.O

Which is why I like Vanilla Dome.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I think the Bonus levels are the best part of the game. Those are just awesome.

In Super Mario Advance 2, you could somehow change all of the enemy appearances. I don't remember how, but I remember all of the goombas wearing sunglasses.

UberMario

Smash Master
You could do that in the original too, but the criteria for enabling it was different.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
As far as I know:

SMW for the SNES: Appearances are changed by beating all the Special levels from Star World.

SMW for the GBA (Advance 2? Iunno): Complete every exit in the game.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Out of all the games that can be modded this has to be one of the best for the PC. Even better than Half Life 2 or Pokemon.

I'm a really big fan of the modding community. Seriously. Easily the reason why this game is still my favorite mario entry.

But on the original, it's so freaking timeless. I loved the idea of the secret exits with the keys. Even though it was for the most part useless seeing as most of the keys were pretty much right next to the keyholes, but thanks to that little gimmick modded levels can be so much more challenging / puzzly too. Okay I should get off that though.

Love this game to death. I played it for the first time on the SNES at a church or something, I almost beat it to. I think I had to stop at Chocolate island. But I got it again on the VC around a year or so and beat it for good, star road and special stage. Pretty much everything. Good ****ing game.

I have a feeling New Super Mario Bros. Wii will be the next Mario World of this generation for some reason : p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This reminds me how I have a half-finished SMW hack.

I really should pick that up and finish it someday.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
At a church? lol

Well that's one place to get introduced to a game.
Yeah, it was one of those fun activities all the kids would do I guess. We would do a 2 player thing and take turns playing. It was fun -- we made it all the way to the Chocolate zone before I had left the church. Didn't see the game again until I was like, 16.

c3gill

Smash Ace
amazing thread idea. best mario game ever, imo.

as a matter of fact, i love the game so much that i decided to go for a extreme settings points run :)

tubular- go in with blue yoshi, hit the p-block, bounce on the first 2 chargin' chucks heads, and eat one of the flying koopa dudes. fly low, gg level.

i still find outrageous to be the hardest level in the game. way cool can be a B if you dont have yoshi to cut it short. and awesome sucks if you dont have some type of powerup/yoshi.

i also really hate the ghost ship, but hey at least you can take yoshi with you. makes it a lot easier.

other than special, my favorite zone is def. Chocolate Island. place is wayyyy too fun. even wendy is fun- im fairly certain that her fight is easier than lemmy, which is funny because they both have the whole "boss inside random tubes" vibe going on.

and dailywater is right- NSMBW is the SMW of the newest gaming generation.

and if anyone wants to discuss speedrunning or points runs of this game, please message me! im on this game like crazy, and id love some others to discuss tips/strat with :)

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
One of the greatest Mario games ever, Galaxy 2 is bringing back a lot of the great things about this game...which is AWESOME!!!

dion6959

Smash Rookie
Super Mario is a forever game for me from my childhood to till dame i am playing and this game is also changing him self to a developed one.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
probably the best mario game ever along with super mario bros 3... only old school gamers who are like 25 or older can understand it.

One of the best things is that you have 3 ways of beating this game:

1) shortcut - You complete probably about 15% of the total game
2) normal way - You complete like 75% of the game
3) complete way - You have to beat all hidden stages and specials

This game was innovative in many ways, and although it had a lot of what Super Mario Bros 3 already had, it was improved much more. The reserve item to use in-game was a great idea, along with yoshi of course, and several more special items.

Countless hours spend on this freakin game lol , such good times

Top Bottom