• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros 2 - Results and Shoutouts

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
If you're talking about that "OMG it's Roy" person, yea. He planked like a mofo. It was hard to get around it too. Suprising since I never knew pit's could plank so well tbh. <_>

Edit: @Ace. I don't think SBS is angry with you...Tbh, I think out of anyone there he would be pissed at me because I finally snapped and basically pointed out and refuted all of his johns. Which I will say were coming out too often. I do give him props for admitting and apologizing before he left though. And I apologize to him for doubting he managed to beat noodles MK.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
There's a ledge grab rule that sounds good, but until it's been employed and proven to work I'm not sure about it. Currently I'm gunna ask a few smart players(probably obm, Nuro, Dazwa and Buuman) to be Plank refs, if I'm in a match. If you're being planked you can pause the game, and call for a ref. I or one of them(depending on whose in a match) will watch the rest of the match. If they call it you lose that match.

Gunna see what blackmage thinks about the 70 ledge grab rule before the next one and maybe use that measurement. There were talks about PS2 as a CP so I wanna discuss with them anyway. I don't like it cause it has physics changing elements, and I dislike that. But a CP is a stage that can swing the advantage, by nature, and I suppose that applies. I'll see what the community wants.

EDIT: if you have a good projectile you can plank really easily. Ledge drop, jump, fire, regrab. Rob can do it well, Pit can do it well. DK's up be is decent at it, Sheik's UpB is great for it. Planking is not competitive play and I will ban it. Just like I ban standing infinites. You must be traveling in a chain grab. I'm fairly sure the community agrees on that being fair.

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, well...about PS2. As far as I know it's Sago's CP of choice. So it would seem that it's allowed all over west coast? Can't say for sure, but I like the idea of it as a CP. Mostly because I enjoy sliding my F-Smashes across the stage, but hey, who doesn't?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I just wasn't sure because I replied to his original post, as did Fatal and he only responded to Fatal. Which, with most people I've known, has been a sign that I was the problem. Shrug. I've had a few times where I angered people without realizing it and didn't want him to leave angry and have a problem with me in the future.

If it is me it'd be in his hands now anyway.

Spife

Smash Master
I got ***** in the shout out department at this tourny. I guess I should have played more people. Or went.

Despite what I say, and even thought I payed something about 50$ altogether to get there, pay for venue, and buying a new shirt because the one I had before got ruined, I don't care. I had fun, I met people, I saw some seriously pro play, and I got some good advice. Expect to see me around more often, because from what I can see, NE really is beast, and I'd love to be apart of the community.

This tournament also was a very humbling experience, and I recognize I'm nowhere near as good as I thought I was. With this, I'm just gonna have to find more people to play with near where I am. This way next tourney I'm in I won't get *****.

Plus, RI's Lucario can't be garbage, right?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Is SBS that funny guy that I played that said he mastered MK & Snake? (Dothack knows what I'm talking about). Also, planking is banned in any credible tournies. I don't know of any offical rule, but simply state what planking is in the rules and what not to do. For example, something like:

Planking is banned. You cannot stay on a ledge or attack from a ledge for more than 15 seconds at a time.

And then state that if you see your opponent doing it, to pause the match and call over the host or a ref or something to spectate the rest of the match.

While we're on the subject of CPs, please ban Nofair. Most other states, like NJ and NY have by now. It's a planky stage, or if you're going to keep it, allow two CP bans. The random appearing lava also causes luck damage. Against my set with OBM I got launched as lava happened to appear and ended up getting tossed back and forth a couple times not being able to avoid anything putting me from early 100% if even to 180%. As for PS2, I'd personally say it's a pretty dumb stage and not really a pro-any char stage. So don't include it. Also, Pictochat is generally hated as a CP and usually not used in many tournies as a CP, though I don't personally dislike it.

Oh also, and I just went through my replays. This is what I have for replays: Kevin & DotHack Vs Ether Light & Peach Kid R2, Kevin & DotHack Vs OBM & Fatal R1 & R2, Icy & Noodles Vs OBM & Fatal R1-R4 (winners finals), Ace vs some Wolf (need a tag) R1 & R2 (who won the set, and where's the missing replay?), Buuman Vs OBM R1 & R2, Ace Vs Nuro R1 & R2, Kevin Vs Joebot R1 & R2, Kevin Vs Ether Light R1 & R3 (Forgot to save R2).

I just need a tag on that Wolf user, I KNOW it wasn't JJ Wolf. And I'll be uploading them to my YT, it's the same as this user name (just in case sig doesn't post). I'm uploading them in the order they're saved. So winners finals for doubles are gunna be up in probably two daysish. Be patient. No idea if grand finals of anything were saved on the other Wii. For next time, we need to organize the replay saving better. A lot of people weren't aware of the two TVs with infinite replays to be uploaded. But better than nothing nonetheless.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I just need a tag on that Wolf user, I KNOW it wasn't JJ Wolf.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Btw, i like pictochat + PS2. =(

btw buuman, i wont have ur video up. I couldn't get into my friend's dorm to record/upload it since he already left for spring break. I'll have it up this saturday for sure

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
needs more vids. only one i saw so far was a doubles match of kevin+dot vs pchkid+ether on japes

turtle im sorry if i came across as johning, im just saying i dont suck is all lol, nothing more to be said.

and again more vids plz

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Be patient. I'll eventually get up all those videos I listed within the next week or week and a half. The rest dothack has to send to someone to upload.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
oh yeah i forgot to mention that a police officer got me a ride to smb2 lol, he told me that he pulled some1 over for driving too fast (john = "i was excited") while on his way to smb1, who got pulled over? lolol.

joebot

Smash Rookie
oh yeah i forgot to mention that a police officer got me a ride to smb2 lol, he told me that he pulled some1 over for driving too fast (john = "i was excited") while on his way to smb1, who got pulled over? lolol.
lol, i know who got pulled over...

As for the tournament, thanks for the games everyone. I had fun, and i'll try and make it to some of the next tournies.

jj was the one that convinced me to go to a tourney and see how i match up

Also, first post :)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
The Wolf I played I was EDubz. Last match of the set was DK vs. Wolf. It ended on last stock, high percents. I won. I forgot to save it because me and EDubz were both extremely surprised with how the match ended were reacting a bit strongly.

DotHack has Cartoon heroes vs. Final Boss(Diddy/Zelda vs. Meta/GaW with the dumbest ending to R2 ever).

I'm mad I didn't record my set with Peachkid. I was trying to figure out what to do any wasn't thinking.

BombermanFanatic

Smash Cadet
*sigh* That was a 100 dollar ticket. 54 in a 30 could have been a lot worse than it was though

noodles

Smash Champion
1: F For Fatal ($123.00) - you win alot
2: omegablackmage ($61.50) - your gaw is really scary. we need to play more friendlies next time
3: Buuman ($20.50) - good stuff. we need friendlies next time
4: Nuro - lol at a match being called on every tv we tried to play on.
5: Kevin/Bizkit - you did really good at this. thanks for ****** my mk in friendlies >.<
5: JJ Wolf - good stuff in teams
7: Etherlight - you ***** me really bad. i need to play peach more. lol at me surviving peaches fair at like 160-ish? iunno we'll see when it gets upload
7: Green Ace - i will never use mk against again you EVER. ggs
9: Joebot-i heard you use ROB and beat good people.GOOD ****
9: Noodles0 you'll win next time
13: Solid Jake-nice friendlies. your kirby is way too good
13: bloodcross-omg fast falco. sorry for planking >_<. i was lucky to take a lead after you wrecked my first stock.
13: Peachkid- yeah i was that mk ggs
17: Dot Hack-good stuff you keep getting alot better
17: Icy Light-we'll take first and second next time :D
17: Deoxys-we played alot this time.
17: Omega Black Man(Ace)- i didnt play you at all ;_; thanks for running this
25: SB Soldier-ggs

i hope i didnt forget anyone. im bad at shout outs

xXRoYXx

Smash Cadet
WHY THANK YOU. You're gunna have to do the chars the top placers used. I believe this is it:

1: F For Fatal (Snake/MK)
2: omegablackmage (G&W)
3: Buuman (King Dedede/MK?/ZSS?)
4: Nuro (Snake)
5: Kevin/Bizkit (Snake)
5: JJ Wolf (Wofl)
7: Etherlight (Peach)
7: Green Ace (Yoshi)
9: Joebot (ROB)
9: Noodles (MK)
9: Turtle (?)
9: OMG It's Roy (?)
OMG it's Roy = Pit

xXRoYXx

Smash Cadet
whats the rule on planking these days?
Sorry for the double post.

Sounds something that is very silly too me. btw, you can not call it plank if Peachkid was waiting on the edge throwing veggies @ me. Also, please excuse my behavior but, me personaly, planking SHOULD be fair game, if someone wants to hang on the edge and wait, just rule it as "Stalling" i mean hell, Melee doesnt have any rule on "planking" (Or I could be wrong) If it is a large issue, easiest cure for most planking is an easy Bair to stage spike (Especially vs Pit)

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Lol because Im "OMG it's Roy
Lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds something that is very silly too me. btw, you can not call it plank if Peachkid was waiting on the edge throwing veggies @ me..... , if someone wants to hang on the edge and wait, just rule it as "Stalling"....
yea u did tell me this @ smb2 while doin friendlies. it's just trying to get back on the stage, considering the fact that peach does have something to interupt this "planking". however if u were to intentionally NOT use the side b reflector thingy to EASILY get back on stage, then I would sense some other motive... possibly intentional stalling (depending if ur ahead in stock and/or percent to kill the time)?

just a theory rly, im agreeing with both pch and roy in a way rly

but planking fails... sorry but it just does >_< i did let it slide for noodles being hes a cool guy (as u r roy hehe) and i wasnt getting murdered in our match, and it wasnt on the rules, being that it should be obvious planking would be banned.... but this confusion may have started the dispute between pch and roy i would guess

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754

Sounds something that is very silly too me. btw, you can not call it plank if Peachkid was waiting on the edge throwing veggies @ me. Also, please excuse my behavior but, me personaly, planking SHOULD be fair game, if someone wants to hang on the edge and wait, just rule it as "Stalling" i mean hell, Melee doesnt have any rule on "planking" (Or I could be wrong) If it is a large issue, easiest cure for most planking is an easy Bair to stage spike (Especially vs Pit)
ummm first off...

i wasnt on the edge like u were, i was waiting near by on the main platform and just using turnips to try and hit u but couldn't due to ur invincibility frames from the ledge and last time i checked, spamming is quite legal. and if it wasnt u would have to get called out on it too. plus what else am i supposed to do with u? get farther away only to get shot by arrow upon arrow? spamming; maybe gay as hell but legal so that argument has no water to it...

what makes planking cheap is due to the brawl buffering system that carries over invincibility frames when u drop from the ledge making it almost impossible to counteract with bairs right away, because normally you have 60 frames of invincibility and the earliest u can drop off is like 30 i believe (if im wrong about that please some one correct me) giving u a 30 frame window (which is like half a second) against me. so u would have the frame advantage and be able to kill me with ur bair (which might i say is one of pits strongest aerials i believe) and with all the uair, fairs and arrows from pits planking game would leave that move completely fresh and peach being light as a feather in this game could potentially kill her at low %s oh and lets not forget that when i did try to do something quasi brave, u would drop down and up b to the other side putting me in an disadvantageous spot

and to answer to just bairing u, Ooooo lookie lookie. pit still has 3 jumps and his recovery plus a glide while i have a ****ty second jump and a mediocre up b

now i ask you this, ur up against a MK and he gets a stock off you, and starts planking, running the timer, swatting u away with uairs from under the stage or shuttle loops (which has Invinciblity frames by the way) and the match ending with a time out with a victory for mk. do you honestly think anyone would even want that crap to be legal?

heres a lovely example of planking with mario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHmh3F2U2yU&feature=channel_page
as you can probably see the peach can't even touch the mario, and ends up sding. should this still be legal to use in tourney play?

oh and by the way, stalling is a banned tactic and has been a banned tactic ever sense melee, planking is a newly found stalling tactic thats only in brawl, because in melee im pretty sure IFs dont buffer when u drop from the ledge like in brawl. and you saying if someone wants to hang on the ledge just let them. well yeah if somebody is just hanging there then they can eat a dsmash for a stage spike for all i care. but if they plank then theres nothing u can do against it. i personally dont even see why planking should even be thought of nay even mentioned about being legal....but i guess u want matches that run the clock of 8 minutes.... and oh god i cant even imagine how long grand finals would take with that crap legal.....

Good day sir

/rant

i normally dont rant about things, but planking is something that now really pisses me off. like i said in my shoutouts, nothing against you, but the tactic is ******** and shouldnt be legal at all plus im gonna go out on a limb and say that ur most likely unaware of the way the buffering system works in brawl....but if u do know all that stuff then u should know why planking is stupid and should be banned...

Buuman

Smash Ace
SHOUT OUTZ

Brawl Doubles

1: Final Boss (obm + Fatal) ($90.00) - Such a bad *** name lol. Good **** guys
2: Icy Noodles ($45.00) - good stuff, some of our matches were recorded on dothacks wii.
3: Down Throw to Forward Smash (Buuman + Nuro) ($15.00) - WOOOOO, good **** man, D3 + snake = too good
4: Side Spiked (JJ Wolf + Turtle) - you both are awesome, great diddy kong, and best wolf

5: Dot Kevin (DotHack + Kevin/Bizkit) - good matches guys, alot of matches were recorded on someones wii lol
7: Cartoon Heroes (Riot + Ace) - ACE OMG THE SHIELD BREAK...you guys were ****** too lol, ah well next time

9: Sofa Kids (Joebot + Edubz) - good stuff

Brawl Singles

1: F For Fatal ($123.00) - Snake/MetaKnight - good matches man. Your keep workin that snake, i know its a ***** of a match up lol, nothing personal though, if I could tech chase snake I would xD. I have nothing to say about the MK lol. Also its understandable about the revenge thing lol, good stuff though dude, also nice matches with corey

2: omegablackmage ($61.50) - Mr. Game and Watch - *copy pastes shoutoutz from a million other tournies ago* good stuff mang, the GW is still the best. Fun night at your house, and thanks for the ride lol. Competition is stepping up in NE, time for you to bust out some new **** with GW lol
3: Buuman ($20.50) - King Dedede - meh
4: Nuro - Snake - one of the best snakes I've played...no snake EVER..did as well as your snake did against me...keep that **** up man. AND WOOT FOR DOUBLES PLACING, good stuff bro
5: Kevin/Bizkit - Snake - good matches..you also did really well vs. me with snake, keep it up
5: JJ Wolf - Wolf - BEST WOLF xD, fun matches man, also yeah if you can get it up next weekend that would be ill. Good **** at the tourney bro, keep it up. Your wolf..omg..I cant compliment it with words...

7: Green Ace - Yoshi - **** son, best yoshi hands down. Our matches were WAY too fun.
9: Joebot - awesome ROB, fun friendlies, keep it up
9: Noodles - what happened man? More ROB next time, and more friendlies lol
9: Turtle - OMG we have an insane Diddy kong in the house, you will be on the PR shortly.
9: OMG It's Roy - awesome Pit, good games man
13: Solid Jake - Your kirby ***** the **** out of everything, you have a new character now, work on that ****

13: Riot - Best Zelda man lol. Fun **** playing you dude, we'll have to get more matches in next time

13: Peachkid - sup man
17: Dot Hack - Good ****, also if you can post the vids of losers finals for doubles that would be cool :D
17: Icy Light - crazy olimar as usual, didnt get to play u much though

17: JL - fun shi this weekend man, awesome falco, keep it up

17: Omega Black Man(Ace) - The one and only ace. You **** with diddy, you would beat Fatal and Blackmage..in my mind I consider that a win...don't break your shield next time mang, awesome tourney, great **** this time around.

25: L-T - WOOOO LT. Fun times at your house mang..."I killed....MUFASA...." Your zelda *****, keep it up bro

Awesome tourney, ggs guys

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Until it happens to you this bad, you will talk BS cause your character can plank, and of course you do it to win. So Of course you speak this nonsense.

Lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea u did tell me this @ smb2 while doin friendlies. it's just trying to get back on the stage, considering the fact that peach does have something to interupt this "planking". however if u were to intentionally NOT use the side b reflector thingy to EASILY get back on stage, then I would sense some other motive... possibly intentional stalling (depending if ur ahead in stock and/or percent to kill the time)?

just a theory rly, im agreeing with both pch and roy in a way rly

but planking fails... sorry but it just does >_< i did let it slide for noodles being hes a cool guy (as u r roy hehe) and i wasnt getting murdered in our match, and it wasnt on the rules, being that it should be obvious planking would be banned.... but this confusion may have started the dispute between pch and roy i would guess
Who in the world told you that? peach has nothing to stop palnking due to the invic frames on ledges. And if You even try to stop it, you will get attack and the planking goes on or Peach SDs. it's Impossilbe for Peach to stop Planking. I have been planked by a meta. Nothing I could do at all.

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing a slaht hates more than planking D=

Honestly, Roy, you know I like you and all but planking is really ghey... Especially when you're playing peach and your Vertical recovery is going to be soooo much worse than your opponents, so you can't just go out on a limb. Planking is basically... ledgestalling, and Stalling is banned in Brawl. And like I said you know I like you and all but Peachkid is like... the nicest guy in the world so if he got upset about it I doubt it's not a legit case of planking.

<3 Ether and Peachkid, good **** boys. Wish I could have been there but alas i was not able to attend ;_;

Oh, and you too Alkaid/.hack. Nice to see you doing well too... now you and kevin have to force me into good placings D=<

Also, good **** to all the top placers as well. And congrats Fatal, you promised a strong bounceback from your off day at MM14 and it seems you did not dissapoint.

Really still emo i missed this tourney tbh guys ;_;

EDIT: Closest thing Peach has to an anti-plank is toad... and that's just... yeah...

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
Trying to toad is like having a sign on your back saying "Free stock for you"
Basically. Even if you do happen to time it right they'll be back on the ledge pretty much by the time your toad has run out, and if you miss... well, you know what happens then D=

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Until it happens to you this bad, you will talk BS cause your character can plank, and of course you do it to win. So Of course you speak this nonsense.

Who in the world told you that? peach has nothing to stop palnking due to the invic frames on ledges. And if You even try to stop it, you will get attack and the planking goes on or Peach SDs. it's Impossilbe for Peach to stop Planking. I have been planked by a meta. Nothing I could do at all.
Forgive me for my bad knowledge of Peach. I figured that turnips could knock Pit off the ledge, forgive me =( Oh and lets forget about MK for this discussion, just stick to Peach vs Pit.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
You did the same thing to my TL. I was sure I had you beat (up by a stock and a half I think?) but then you started planking. Half the time you just jumped up and pulled out a shield and went back down. There was even a good 20 seconds where I'm pretty sure I just stood still on stage and you kept hanging off the ledge. And the bair stage spike works with some characters, but every time I tried going near you you started using your u-air through the ledge (sharking?) or you just ran away to the other side under the stage where I couldn't attack you, so a stage spike isn't really an option.

Still, I saw your TL as well and wouldn't mind a ditto next tournament. From what I saw it was pretty good.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Apparently the guy played Peachkid didn't get DQed

NYAAAAAA
Because Peachkid did not stop the match or went to tell ace soon after the match was done with. Ace says it was not allowed. If he had, That pit would have been done with.

And you play Marth, can you be anymore gay on Peach? Ugh I can't stand this game sometimes. The way people play it is just pitiful.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Apparently the guy played Peachkid didn't get DQed

NYAAAAAA

:< </3 darc

LAUGH AT ME ALL!!!!! D:

lol im over it now, but i should have acted alot smarter

Because Peachkid did not stop the match or went to tell ace soon after the match was done with. Ace says it was not allowed. If he had, That pit would have been done with.

And you play Marth, can you be anymore gay on Peach? Ugh I can't stand this game sometimes. The way people play it is just pitiful.
dude, dont worry about it. darc didnt do anything to me, he just lol'd at my carelessness, im not offended by it at all. so no need to get worked up over that :)

Top Bottom