• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
Oh hey! I have a request: Kamek!

Nintendo ignores all my emails, and I say Kamek seriously needs to show Yoshi what's what.
Haha, a character just nominated himself. Nice

Kamek's got NOTHING on Yoshi
Yoshi>>>>>>>>>>>Kamek don't believe me play Yoshi's Island 1 and DS
So true.

Do we have any "official updates" yet?
Nope. But that's a good thing. It means they're too busy making the game to do updates.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
We'll start on official updates once we have more game. Stages in particular. We currently have about 6 stages, so it will be kind of boring to look at the same stages for every update.

:034:

Smash Hero
Time to give my totally professional opinion...

First of all: This looks REALLY awesome. The graphics are amazing, for a Flash game. No ****ty animation with sprites, this is the real deal. Props to that. The animations are fluid, everything looks very pretty and does not disappoint at all. It doesn't leave you with "I could be playing 64 if I wanted crap graphics" but with "wow, this is very well made". Which says a lot, seeing how it's a fangame..

The game worked very fluidly, even with the loss of aerials, tilts and smashes, I didn't find it all that bothersome for certain characters. It was a bother when playing as DK, but Bowser and Sonic worked very nicely with this system. Gameplay wise, I love how you made it a bit more like Melee, but it still felt like Brawl, somehow. Directional air-dodging, more hitstun, it reminded me a lot of Melee, yet I was under the impression it was a Brawl fangame... Very nice.

Characters and how they play... Sonic is way too good. XD Nah, not really, so far it seems 'balanced' enough. I realize it's a very early demo and that I shouldn't be talking about stuff like this, so I won't... Yet. I will say that this is the first time I actually enjoyed playing as Sonic. Good stuff.

Stages looked pretty, so far. World 1-4 is a very wide-spread idea and I think you did justice to it. You might want to raise the roof a little on that, though, so that you can still properly use aerials. Metal Harbor is my favorite stage so far. A simple, yet untouched layout with a few gimmicks and awesome music.

The only thing that can ruin this would be crappy character choices. Try to keep it strictly Nintendo based, it's a Smash Bros. fangame, after all. Keep 3rd parties limited to their main character, Snake for Metal Gear and Sonic for... Well, Sonic. No fancharacters, no manga/anime characters, just keep it purely game-based. For newcomers, stick to the highly requested characters for Brawl but weren't included... Ridley, Krystal, Mega Man come to mind. Also, give us back Mewtwo. I don't care what you do about Roy/Pichu/Dr. Mario/Young Link, but I would only advise Roy, as he has a much easier potential for a new moveset: just make him the middle man to Ike and Marth.

Sakurai's character poll for Brawl is here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71872 I recommend just looking at the ones that were voted for multiple times.

Don't forget that the characters, above all, need to recognizable for almost anyone. No obscure stuff from a GBA game somewhere. People need to see him/her and say: "Hey, I know that guy! Awesome!" or "Haven't I heard of this character before..?" at least.

For third-party characters, look for FRANCHISES, not characters. Final Fantasy is a good franchise, but would that make Cloud Strife a good character choice? No, probably not. Why? Because, from the main games, ignoring the over 9000 remakes, he was only in one game. Plus, his only appearance on a Nintendo console was for the GBA Kingdom Hearts game, which isn't really all that known... A better choice for this specific franchise would be the Black Mage, who was featured multiple times on multiple Nintendo game consoles. I'm not saying "OMFG BM SHUD B IN DIS GAEM", just giving an example.

Stage ideas, 64 stages... Mushroom Kingdom, Saffron City, Peach's Castle and Zebes. Don't give us stages that were already featured in Brawl, unless a good change has been added, as what you did with Battlefield. Final Destination is a staple, of course, but don't forget to fix the ledges. For other stages, just check Stage Discussion.

Overall, I'm looking forward to this game. Just release demo's frequently so you can hold on to your fanbase.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Wow.

Flying Dutchman pretty much said word for word what I wanted to say..

So I guess this is a useless post.
Meh, I have a character request.

BOMBERMAN PLS.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
That's probably the most thought out review of this we've got anywhere, so thanks for that. One thing I will say though, is that we have to be broad minded. There are people who say, like you, that the game should be mainly Nintendo based, but others who would say that it should have a wider variety. Also, there are people, again, like yourself, who want to see familiar faces, though, again, there are others who would also like to see a character that is new and unpredictable. Your ideas are definately worth considering, however.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Stage ideas, 64 stages... Mushroom Kingdom, Saffron City, Peach's Castle and Zebes. Don't give us stages that were already featured in Brawl, unless a good change has been added, as what you did with Battlefield. Final Destination is a staple, of course, but don't forget to fix the ledges. For other stages, just check Stage Discussion.
Saffron City FTW!!!

I second this request
And I third this! ^_^

Smash Hero
That's probably the most thought out review of this we've got anywhere, so thanks for that. One thing I will say though, is that we have to be broad minded. There are people who say, like you, that the game should be mainly Nintendo based, but others who would say that it should have a wider variety. Also, there are people, again, like yourself, who want to see familiar faces, though, again, there are others who would also like to see a character that is new and unpredictable. Your ideas are definately worth considering, however.
Of course, that's true. I'm a bit close-minded about roster, but that's because there are a lot of (planned) fangames out there with really horrible character choices. This game just looks so awesome, and having crap characters ruin that wouldn't be good.

If I can just lay down my own suggestions... We can assume that almost everybody from Brawl will make a sound return, except for a few that are possibly to hard to program/animate for a fangame (Pokémon Trainer comes to mind...). This game is trying to be like Brawl, only just a bit better, so there'll probably be a couple that were highly requested during the whole 'Dojo Saga'. Of course, since copyright issues are of no matter here, a lot more 3rd party characters might make their appearance. So, basically, what we can expect/hope to see as an addition to the cast:

- Ridley
- Mega Man
- Krystal (possibly)
- Geno (possibly)
- Isaac
- Mewtwo
- Roy (possibly)
- Sora (possibly)

All highly requested and wanted characters, even after Brawl's release.

My own personal and completly biased suggestions would be (that weren't featured on the list above):

- Midna & Wolf Link
- Black Mage (with the model used in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, yes he was in there)
- Ouendan
- Arceus

The only one from that list that should actually get in is Midna & Wolf Link, and even that is a maybe. I'm just really biased on that though.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to continue playing...

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Of course, that's true. I'm a bit close-minded about roster, but that's because there are a lot of (planned) fangames out there with really horrible character choices. This game just looks so awesome, and having crap characters ruin that wouldn't be good.

If I can just lay down my own suggestions... We can assume that almost everybody from Brawl will make a sound return, except for a few that are possibly to hard to program/animate for a fangame (Pokémon Trainer comes to mind...). This game is trying to be like Brawl, only just a bit better, so there'll probably be a couple that were highly requested during the whole 'Dojo Saga'. Of course, since copyright issues are of no matter here, a lot more 3rd party characters might make their appearance. So, basically, what we can expect/hope to see as an addition to the cast:

- Ridley
- Mega Man
- Krystal (possibly)
- Geno (possibly)
- Isaac
- Mewtwo
- Roy (possibly)
- Sora (possibly)

All highly requested and wanted characters, even after Brawl's release.

My own personal and completly biased suggestions would be (that weren't featured on the list above):

- Midna & Wolf Link
- Black Mage (with the model used in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, yes he was in there)
- Ouendan
- Arceus

The only one from that list that should actually get in is Midna & Wolf Link, and even that is a maybe. I'm just really biased on that though.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to continue playing...
All the characters on the first list are good choices. As for your biased one I don't think Minda and Wolf Link should get in over the zelda characters in brawl however if there is room for 5 zelda characters then yes they could get in. I would also add Bowser Jr. to the list of poular characters as he was a very popular choice as well.

P.S. Sukapon is awesome include him... if you have time.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think the list above has a good enough list for character consideration, EXCEPT for the fact that it had every popular character except K. Rool. He can be done in a flash game, I've seen it.

Also, if Krystal is added, I recommend adding Leon.

It would prevent flaming at the hands of people involved in this argument, namely "Fanbase versus historical importance." And I still say put Meta Ridley in the game. I stand behind it more than any of the other popular characters.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Another demo:

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/290808/4077_SNBM_debug.php

Additions:
-Set the number of lives at the top of the character select screen by clicking the arrows
-Set teams for players by clicking on the word "Teams?", clicking toggles.
-Click on the word "Human", "CPU" or "None" to toggle the player settings.

Notes:
-There are no controls for players 2, 3 or 4 yet when set to "human".
-No (real) win screen yet.
-Matches can start with unusual team settings, ignore this.
-DO NOT have a person on "no team" when there are other people on teams.
-Character Icons are 45x45, we can fit 47 characters (plus random button) in there.
-Camera still has *SOME* issues, hasn't been updated from the "2 players only" demo.
That shouldn't take too long.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It was really fun!
Until the computer Sonic spiked me with his Up-B

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
It was really fun!
Until the computer Sonic spiked me with his Up-B
Yes, his upB is now a spike :laugh:
It appears you got Sakurai'd

Also, there are a few, hmm, "Surprises" in this demo.

But they aren't as easy to find as Bowser and DK in the last demo.

(No hidden stages this time round, sorry, I lost all the data on my hard disk :dizzy: )

EDIT: From now on, the link to the newest demo is in my signature.
It will also tell you when it's been updated.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Haha it was funny. (and really embarrassing)
Uh something happened with DK getting KO'd off the right of the screen with a high percent, and the camera shifted and there was like... a yellow thing to the far right.
Whats that?

Edit:also its weird how some of the charecter select icons go under the charecter place at the bottom and others dont. Does that have something to do with the secrets? >_>

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Haha it was funny. (and really embarrassing)
Uh something happened with DK getting KO'd off the right of the screen with a high percent, and the camera shifted and there was like... a yellow thing to the far right.
Whats that?
It was probably his player indicator?
Meh, the camera has some issues, expect them to be resolved before the next demo.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Glad to be back after such a LONG leave of absence! I have been in touch with 2nd Stamp and SSJ4Kazuki with the project and I must say, this is going to be a very promising project!

Just you all wait and see.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yeah probably.
Also it was funny how if everyone on the same team, the match just starts and goes "game" before the players even land. xD

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
2nd, Hoeloe, SSJ4Kazuki, and the rest of you, this is officially the best flash game ever.:) Don't listen to other people when they talk bad about it. Bowser owns btw.

Edit: I see you fixed the shield, and the sound of sonic's nair is awesome! You guys need to put in more smash64 sound effects!

Yaya

Smash Champion
Found Kirby, really fun to play as, but you need to fix the copy ability.

Played as all the new characters now.

Wow. Simply. Wow.

Smash Hero
Found 'em, too. Just put your character button on one of the characters, then press right until you get Fox, Pikachu, Kirby or Random.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Haha, i gotta say you guys are doing a great job with this so far. Bowser= broken tier :p Cancelling Neutral B into Up B is unstoppable

*EDIT: oh yeah, someone mentioned using kirby in the demo? how does that work...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I like playing as either Kitby Bowser or Pikachu. =)

Smash Hero
Fox and Kirby are awesome. Pikachu? Not so much... I found his smash move to be laggy, for a supposedly fast character. Fox is seriously overpowered though, his aerial is way too good... Lag it down a bit, I'd say. xD

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Hey I have a question. How is saving going to work is this game, is it going to be one of those ones where you log on with a username and password, or what?

Also Online play would make this game better than smash64. And what about an announcer?

Kirby and Bowser for top Tier!!!:laugh:

Edit: I'd just like to say that so far I have not found one bad character! Keep up the great work guys! So far lolTest and Hyrule castle 64 are my favorite levels...maybe you could add Jungle Japes...

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Hey I have a question. How is saving going to work is this game, is it going to be one of those ones where you log on with a username and password, or what?

Also Online play would make this game better than smash64. And what about an announcer?

Kirby and Bowser for top Tier!!!:laugh:

Edit: I'd just like to say that so far I have not found one bad character! Keep up the great work guys! So far lolTest and Hyrule castle 64 are my favorite levels...maybe you could add Jungle Japes...
yes taron what about an announcer?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I found the characters lol. Kirby is awsome!
It seems his copy abilty isn't quite finished yet though. I got a hat but no ability.
Also, something that desperatly needs fixing. Fox is a faster runner than Sonic!! lol It MUst be the other way around XD.

Sonics air changes if you tap attack button. Also,it doesn't seem to spike anymore? Spring Spike FTW.

Fox's physics are very Melee like imo. Also I like that you sped up sonic's Side B. It also seems like spin dash may go a little farther now. Forgot to try homing attackXD

This just keeps getting better and better!!

That's all I see for now. Sorry it's sorta cluttered. I'll try it more tomorrow.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
The ONLY thing and I mean the ONLY thing I could actually complain about would be the lack of attacks. You don't have to add every single tilt, but you should at least add a dash attack. Because otherwise the gameplay gets a little repetitive... that's all.

Sockpuppet

Smash Cadet
I just had a big glitch in the new demo. I had P2 as Mario, P3 as DK and 4 as Bowser, had a match and it worked fine. Then i turned off DK after the match, and Bowser went off too. I started the match and Bowser was still there, but his damage was 0000, and it didn't change when he was attacked. Then he got stuck somehow.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I just had a big glitch in the new demo. I had P2 as Mario, P3 as DK and 4 as Bowser, had a match and it worked fine. Then i turned off DK after the match, and Bowser went off too. I started the match and Bowser was still there, but his damage was 0000, and it didn't change when he was attacked. Then he got stuck somehow.
Yeah, forgot to actually turn players off when they're set to "none" =[

The reason why Kirby isn't on the roster, is because copy abilities are something
that are completed after the roster is completed.

The ONLY thing and I mean the ONLY thing I could actually complain about would be the lack of attacks. You don't have to add every single tilt, but you should at least add a dash attack. Because otherwise the gameplay gets a little repetitive... that's all.
You don't have to rely on only smashes and jabs, I spent a decent amount of time
making the specials useful in their own right, e.g. Pikachu's side B can be aimed,
and his upB can do 12% if you hit both warps...

Top Bottom