• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah, forgot to actually turn players off when they're set to "none" =[

The reason why Kirby isn't on the roster, is because copy abilities are something
that are completed after the roster is completed.
So Kirby would probably be the last character to be put on the roster? Sounds like you have this pretty thought out. I tried Fox out, and you guys did a pretty good job. But he does feel somewhat broken...

I can only hope you can make this game like Smash 64...We don't want random broken people running around, even if this is just for fun.

"In SSB64, everyone was so broken that everything was balanced out."

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Do not worry. We have alot of people working on fairness of characters, and we try to make Bowser just as good as Fox, for example. It's kind of the way you play the game, wich decides if you win.

And yes, this may not be Smash Bros in contrast to the moves available, but I asure you guys, every move is usefull, and everything is very thought out. It's basicly more easy, and alot more fun if you know how everything works.

Also, we've decided on a very new feature for the game, wich I sadly can't discuss at this time. It's a very unique new game mechanic, and I hope you look forward to it!

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
This game is having an immense amount of thought put into it. Every detail has been discussed thoroughly between myself, Taro and 2nd. This means nothing in the game is pointless, every move, ability or gameplay feature has some functionality to bring a uniqueness into the game.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Jeeze it's way too easy to suicide as Fox, I've played 2 matches as fox, and I've suicided 5 times trying to shine spike someone.

AAAAAAGH

Yaya

Smash Champion
Basically what I mean is when I shine spike I Fox Illusion. 5 times out of a possible 6 I have died because of this.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
=D

I can't wait until a demo with Ridley comes out.

Yeah, I know he's in, Kazuki said so himself.
Well, I'm sorry to say we've taken everything back into account.
I can't say if he's in, playable or not, but I can say that we're here
making the best choices we can.

Please stay tuned, we're nearly
ready to actually start site updates. Things will get more clear there.

Yaya

Smash Champion
D =

Now i'm scared now...

As a loyal SmashDash fan who watched it since episode 1..

PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ put Ridley in.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
D =

Now i'm scared now...

As a loyal SmashDash fan who watched it since episode 1..

PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ put Ridley in.
I understand you concern, however I cannot
make promises, not even to a loyal SmashDash fan. Hahaha.

Do not worry, we'll know what's best. Please stop asking about
Ridley, we've taken him into account.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I already said this, we can't have olimar, the game just wouldn't play well with him in,
it would create a lot of unnecessary lag, a serious battle I'm already fighting.
Olimar, Ice Climbers, and the possible Pokemon Trainer.

I can't wait to see your designs, guys. That's what I like about most fan games, I want to see their character and stage designs.
Especially Ridley...if when he's in...

Lol, I kid I kid. Anyway, I eagerly await your designs for stages and characters, as well as updates on your site showing them. I want to visially experience the work that's being put into this. o:

Patchi

Smash Rookie
In a house, in a state, in a country, on a plantet
This game is really great! The visuals are really beautiful and fluid. The character models also look really good. I have a few questions, some probably silly, but I'll ask them nonetheless.

1. The original 8 have already been confirmed. So I guess it's safe to say the rest of the original 12 are in?

2a. In Sonic's description on the dojo, it says "However, be prepared, he might just show you his dangerous side when the night falls." Does that mean that transformations will be in the game. Characters like Samus, Zelda, Sonic, Diddy, Yoshi, Bowser and Jiggly will be able to transform in different forms?

2b. I'm guessing that there will a day/night element to the game? Different characters would gain different abilities during night and day? And stages would also change during the time of day?

3. Will final smashes be added to the game?

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
This game is really great! The visuals are really beautiful and fluid. The character models also look really good. I have a few questions, some probably silly, but I'll ask them nonetheless.

1. The original 8 have already been confirmed. So I guess it's safe to say the rest of the original 12 are in?

2a. In Sonic's description on the dojo, it says "However, be prepared, he might just show you his dangerous side when the night falls." Does that mean that transformations will be in the game. Characters like Samus, Zelda, Sonic, Diddy, Yoshi, Bowser and Jiggly will be able to transform in different forms?

2b. I'm guessing that there will a day/night element to the game? Different characters would gain different abilities during night and day? And stages would also change during the time of day?

3. Will final smashes be added to the game?
1: I can't announce anything at this point.
2: Sonic showing his dangerous side at night refers to the new Sonic Unleashed game.
2b: No, that is not the case. Alot of stages will undergo certain changes however, but we'll go deep into that in their updates, like we did on Battlefield.
3: Again, can't announce anything big here.

majora_787

Smash Hero
1: I can't announce anything at this point.
2: Sonic showing his dangerous side at night refers to the new Sonic Unleashed game.
2b: No, that is not the case. Alot of stages will undergo certain changes however, but we'll go deep into that in their updates, like we did on Battlefield.
3: Again, can't announce anything big here.
I'm sure you guys would add Final Smashes if you could. I mean, there's no real reason to not add it unless you can't program it. Just like the melee and brawl characters. <_<

-DXH-

Smash Cadet
tried the new demo and its awesome :o love pikachu, hes probobly my main right now :p o yea, fox's shine is broken imo (i know u said fox was being fixxed, but i needed to make this post have a point ;P)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hit flash? Sweet.

Now that I think about it, I'm SURE you guys could program final smashes. If you had to, you could change them to something programmable. I don't think lag is a problem either, because I've seen SSF's final smash system.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Instead of a smash ball it would be neat if you guys came up with another way to achieve FS mode. Maybe a special meter for instance that would fill up depending on how you played. Or maybe the meter (if there was one) could deplete if you spammed moves etc.:)

-DXH-

Smash Cadet
found a few things i think need fixing ;P

first, pikachu's airial needs a bigger hitbox. for the most time when i use it i simply miss because the cpu fast fall under me, so yea, it needs a hit box that goes around him. secondly, donkey kongs down b has a crazy range. its not a huge problem, but i think it can be nerfed a little.

otherwise, the game's great, all the characters are pretty well balanced, even the heavy classes is good which, as u know, is awesome compared to brawl. yea keep up the great work, can't wait to the final game and all the characters u will put in. when i think about it, the characters is just a bonus, the game would work for me as it is, and still be entertaining. and this is just the third demo. :D

-DXH-

Smash Cadet
:urg:

Originally, when it had a bigger hitbox, it was the cheapest thing in the game, because
as you know, it's a gimp kill. It's his u-air, from SSB64.

I'll make it A LITTLE bigger though.
but he needs to be cheap, his killing moves has so much lag that it forces him to be cheap :p

anyways, im happy with the response, just got to try to make him god tier ;P

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... interesting. I'm not very particular to the gameplay, but the graphics and models look and animate well. I'm currently planning on working on more SSBB themed characters for Mugen, and this might just be the inspiration I needed (although, I'm working strictly with sprites, and not shape manipulation).

cwm123

Smash Cadet
Looking good! Some thoughts:

Pikachu's thunder is too fun. Nerf the fun.

I love Bowser's uB, but it feels kinda cheap...

Mario's aerial feels... out of place. Have you consider swapping it with another one?

Please make Samus's aerial her standard fair. But without the kill of her bair, she should have a really fast fsmash!

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Where is everyone getting to play as pikachu? the demo I'm playing only has 4 characters. Call me a n00b but I am really confused.

cwm123

Smash Cadet
I'm no tester (sadly). Select a character and then hold the right arrow key. Pika, Fox, Kirby, and random are all off screen secrets!

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I know you're going to think I'm dumb for saying this, but you should make Pichu playable. You could give him a different moveset from Pika, or make his attacks do different things.

Edit: what about taunts?

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
The new demo is great. :D I like the physics much better now, but why did you take out so many stages from the last demo?

You should make Sonic better in some form, I think. He seems kind of crappy in the current demo. :/ Also, are you gonna give Fox his normal voice in the final? He sounds all not Fox-ish. And I suck as him but that's besides the point. XD

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
You should make Sonic better in some form, I think. He seems kind of crappy in the current demo. :/ Also, are you gonna give Fox his normal voice in the final? He sounds all not Fox-ish. And I suck as him but that's besides the point. XD
It's Star Fox 64 voice.

Sonic is very effective, he may even be on the higher end of the "tier list" (though we try for balance, in a game where every character is different, balance is impossible).

List of bonuses:

Best upB in the game
Side B can be charged to go a LONG way, it's also a fairly reliable kill move
3rd hitbox of sonic's spinning aerial is a spike
upB, JUST UNDER sonic is a spike
Down B is very fast in midair
VERY fast smash, that is very strong, and can be used with run momentum for a "Dash Smash".
Top speed: 17 pixels per frame (best)

List of Cons:

Weight: 7.5 (4th lightest in the game so far)
Start traction: 10 frames (worst)
End traction: 15 frames (worst)
Midair "traction" (DI?): 25 frames (worst)
Smash DI: 2.5 pixels (worst)

Top Bottom