• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Why didn't you just use his official voice? :/
Well, we gave into all the hate for the voice Fox had in Brawl. Actual Starfox fans were very dissapointed and liked his Starfox 64 voice more, and we tend to please the actual origin game very much more then they're Smash Bros. appearance. It's a bit re-inventing, but I believe Fox sounds right where he belongs. Well, as a Starfox fan people would love it!

-DXH-

Smash Cadet
Ok, I played the demo, trying to improve my Pika (:D) and I noticed somethings.

Nr 1: Bowsers' Up B is way to cheap. It comes out way to quick and is way to powerfull. It cries for a nerf.

Nr 2: Pikachu needs some improvement. I don't now what, but I'm rly having a trouble killing with him, atleast against the heavy characters. The smash has big start-up lag. I'd recommend nerfing the lag and dmg on that, or give another move to help him edge guard or something. The thunder is great though, you balanced it well :D

Nr 3: I think you should maybe change Marios' airial to the uair instead of the spike, It would help him combo in the air instead of being cheap with the cape ;P

That's all. I don't want to kill your spirits or anything ;D, but I think it's better to be critical and give you things to think about, rather than having trouble with something in the game, and then be quite about it because you don't want to hurt someones' feelings or something ;P

Yea, that's all. So long and goodnight! :3

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
It's Star Fox 64 voice.

Sonic
Top speed: 17 pixels per frame (best)
This may be so,but I tested Sonic and Fox together on the LOL test stage. And with them both running at the same time,Sonic doesn't get any distance from Fox as far as I can tell. :ohwell:

Somic's taunt is realy nice. And is actually how I figured his taunt would be in Brawl. lol

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for a site update:chuckle:

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
This may be so,but I tested Sonic and Fox together on the LOL test stage. And with them both running at the same time,Sonic doesn't get any distance from Fox as far as I can tell. :ohwell:
It's because Sonic has a slow startup time.

Anyways, I was playing and it took me a while before I realized that the ledge wasn't grabbable =P.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
It's because Sonic has a slow startup time.
I figured that could be the case. Which is why I used the LOL test stage. It's fairly long. With Sonic and Fox by the right edge. I through trial and error,attempted to predict when Fox would pursue me,and once I timed it right I was able to get them both running across the whole stage from one side to the other.

Fox never not got any closer or farther away from Sonic the entire time he was pursued. I'm going to do some more testing now just to be certain.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I checked it again and Sonic does get away from Fox a little. But I would class them in the same category in terms of speed. The game works so well I forget it's only a demo XD

I apologize for being so annoying about it. I'll be happy no matter how it turns out. Technically,Sonic IS the fastest and that's good enough for me.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Lol, firefox.

\Anyway, I can't wait until the site updates start picking up. It'll probably be as popular as the Dojo.

note: Not number of people, but the amount of time people spend there.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have stage music (besides Metal harbor)? Btw you should definitely add "Break the Targets!" even if it's the only extra mode... I also have an idea for the 3...2...1... countdown, instead of "GO!" it should say "MELEE!":) That would be awesome (and unique).

just plz add roy
I second this.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Hey 2nd. You probably don't remember me, but I used to talk to you sometimes on MSN and I made an animation for one of your reallllly old collabs.

Anyways, just wanted to say that I think this actually looks really promising, unlike the other 10000 failed Smash fangames. Best of luck to you in one day completing it!

PS: Wavekirby, why the HELL do you have a SNBM character section in your sig? :dizzy:

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Hey 2nd. You probably don't remember me, but I used to talk to you sometimes on MSN and I made an animation for one of your reallllly old collabs.

Anyways, just wanted to say that I think this actually looks really promising, unlike the other 10000 failed Smash fangames. Best of luck to you in one day completing it!

PS: Wavekirby, why the HELL do you have a SNBM character section in your sig? :dizzy:

I might remember you.. Yeah.. :)

Thanks for the support. =D

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
We do in fact have some people working on music (me included), though it isn't really our focus at the moment. We are more focussing on the main elements of the game, and we will get on to music and such properly at a later date.
That is correct! Music is key to the game in our (and certainly my) eyes. I am a musician at heart, and I arrange tracks myself for the game, and I lead a wide team of musical talents from all over the internet (from YouTube stars to Newgrounds famed), and they've all come together for amazing arrangement of memorable tunes for our game!

It's something I am very thrilled about. You'll hear the procces of music and you'll also be able to have a listen at some of them on the site later on!!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You can say that again.

BTW, how did all of you guys meet up? The guys making this game.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Unless you get a program to adapt it, then no. It isn't possible inside flash.

As to how we all met up, Taro and I have known each other for a long time. We actually met when I asked Taro for some help on Newgrounds.com, and he added me on MSN. Eventuallly, he convinced me to join the Nuke Bros, and I actually became at all useful with flash. I still don't really know how 2nd got involved though. This project originally started with Taro doing the majority of the graphics, but somehow 2nd came into it and brought a new graphics style with him.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Unless you get a program to adapt it, then no. It isn't possible inside flash.

As to how we all met up, Taro and I have known each other for a long time. We actually met when I asked Taro for some help on Newgrounds.com, and he added me on MSN. Eventuallly, he convinced me to join the Nuke Bros, and I actually became at all useful with flash. I still don't really know how 2nd got involved though. This project originally started with Taro doing the majority of the graphics, but somehow 2nd came into it and brought a new graphics style with him.
Let me add on to that..

I had a moderately succesfull series called SmashDash over here, and somehow, Taro had sent me a message containing him asking to help on my series. And since then he had made the various preloaders, and has been creditted in every movie.

Suddenly he started to show me his previous work, and that he was working on a Smash game, something I wanted to do for a while, I have the fingers for it but I lack the mind. I met up with a bunch of the so called "Nuke Bros." and fit myself in there. I'm still a freelance Flash artist, but it feels just right to be here with these wonderfull people.

And it started with my model for Kirby, and now I'm creating all sorts of crazy stuff for the game, being it soundeffects, music, websites, characters, enemies, backgrounds, stages and so on and so forth. I am very thankfull I can hone my skills on a dream-project like this.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Well, you now have the story from 2 of us and I'm sure you can fit it together to form a complete story. 2nd's kirby started off the whole style. Taro and I both agreed it was not only far better than the previous kirby we had (made by me =D) but far better in style than any of the other characters we had done. Taro and I also agreed that the game needed to be in one style, since previously it had been a mess of styles and looked sloppy, so naturally we went for 2nd's.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Please, whatever you do, you HAVE to add king K rool.
Also, if you do decide to put him in, it'd probably be best to leave out any dk64 representation:p
(sorry if people loved dk64, its just before that game Kink K rool was a badass. i mean, hes a freaking crocodile, pirate, king!) It's just they took a badass character and turned him into a goofy, stupid, wannabe bond villain.

Bring back the badassness!

Edit: if you want any more playtesters im glad to help out!

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I have a few questions:

I just noticed this but is Pikachu's air attack a spike? I hit bowser with it and he didn't go straight down but more to an angle...

So are you guys going to put colors (for each character) into the game? If you do you could give Sonic a Shadow costume, or do stuff like that for other characters...

If you guys are going to put in more old stages from the other games than do you think that maybe you could put in Melee stages like the temple?

Top Bottom