• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

-DXH-

Smash Cadet
You guys crack me up, hahaha.

About a number on the roster: Who cares? Would you rather
have a game with 70 characters but no balance or fun gameplay?
Would that make the game any better? No. Would adding tripping
make the gameplay any better? Yes.

/sakurai
I know, I have stated before that I didn't care about the numbers :p Just wanted to revive the thread :p

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Tripping annoys me, especially as I play as Sonic, which means if I trip on a banana, I can't get back up until someone else trips on it/it falls off the edge/someone picks it up/a miracle happens. I probably could get back up if I were half decent at Smash, but since I'm not... We all hate tripping anyway, there's like a 99.9% chance there won't be any in this game. =D

PS. I know we all know this, but I just felt like posting.

PPS. I truly suck at Brawl =D

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Tripping annoys me, especially as I play as Sonic, which means if I trip on a banana, I can't get back up until someone else trips on it/it falls off the edge/someone picks it up/a miracle happens. I probably could get back up if I were half decent at Smash, but since I'm not... We all hate tripping anyway, there's like a 99.9% chance there won't be any in this game. =D

PS. I know we all know this, but I just felt like posting.

PPS. I truly suck at Brawl =D
Tripping has nothing to do with bananas =/

It's a different physic.

There are different animations. Slipping is forced, tripping is random.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Alright i'm playing the demo right now and I have a few questions.

are all characters only gonna have 1 aerial?

are you gonna be able to make it actual software so flash player won't slow it down?

could you guys make it so we can edit the controls in the next demo?

anyways, its awesome that you guys put wavedashing in.

DK is God tier in this demo lol

•Col•

Smash Champion
Oh yeah there's news, I'm about to release another demo, yo.
How soon? D: lol....

I've been playing the demo a lot in my free time the past couple days... I probably have like 15 hours of playtime on it.... And I'm bored of the characters... lol... D: I don't like playing as any of them, except maybe for Sonic.... So yeah, a new character would be nice... xD

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Demo might have to wait till tomorrow... night.

Sorry, but there are no completely new newcomers in this demo D:

It took a while to get Yoshi to a standard of our this morning.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Sweet, but is Samus in the demo? Or is it just Yoshi who was added?

Miller

Smash Lord
You better bring roy back :) Ill give you the internets if you do

also i tired the demo, its pretty nuke ^_^

I CAN WAVEDASH IN IT!!!

•Col•

Smash Champion

I just meant someone else besides Sonic, Mario, Bowser, and DK... xD I didn't mean a new character... But it seems that there are going to be...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
When's the next site update? There's more listed in this thread than on the site. I mean, I can tell that there is the old hyrule temple, but it's not listed on the Super Nuke Bros. Melee site.

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
god i cant wait for roy =D
hey guys, you know what would (also) be awesome in brawl, if like they put in cloud from final fantasy 7 huck huck huck *smash* ugh... ike help me...
you'll get no symapthy from me, im the only pretty boy in this game.... B1T*H!!!
*too gud*
EDIT: btw here are the chars that i want (doesnt mean u have to put them goku =D, ff7 char (maybe Vincent/ Zack/ Rude), roy, and thats bout it lol)

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Lovin teh new demo!!:) The hit-flash adds a really nice effect. Also Yoshi's bforward is alot better then the other games imo.

EDIT: Just wondering but is Fox's b-up supposed to go through the bottom of the stage?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hmm, interesting... VERY interesting. Definitely a newer take from the sprite-based Smash games that have been spawning lately.

By chance, how many characters are there going to be?
*prays for Mewtwo*

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Hmm, interesting... VERY interesting. Definitely a newer take from the sprite-based Smash games that have been spawning lately.

By chance, how many characters are there going to be?
*prays for Mewtwo*
Someone's a bit of a Mewtwo fan, eh.

as for the number of characters, I'd guess >47

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
For Fox's Up-B going through he bottom of the stage I think he means from the top through it. It just happened to me. O.o

This game just keeps getting better, but I think we need more stages asap. And music would be nice.

Yoshi's side-B is fun. ^_^ But his Up-B is really hard to use and his standard B is really glitchy. XD

Also, in the final game might I recommend customizable controls? I can't say I like the current control scheme much... is that even possible in Flash, though?

EDIT: One more thing: you should post on the main site when a new demo is released. It'd make things a little easier. :D

•Col•

Smash Champion
NEW DEMO!!!

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/120908/82169_SNBM_debug.php

No hidden characters this time, but look forward to it in future :p
YEESSSSSSSSSSSSS.... Cool... =P

But um... Are Fox's laser only supposed to go like to foot in front of him? xD And what's with Kirby's neutral B? o-o He doesnt suck them up, and it doesnt change his ability...

Also, I too have gone through the stage using Fox's Up B...

Anyway, REALLY fun game... My only complaint is the stupid camera... -_- Sometimes you're on the stage, but you're off the side of the screen... lol...

Steelia

Smash Champion
Someone's a bit of a Mewtwo fan, eh.

as for the number of characters, I'd guess >47
A hardcore Mewtwo supporter, moreorless... Trust me, I say "Mewtwo" in just about every post in this forum these days... :laugh:

Anywho, 47-odd characters, eh? Cool beans; are you planning on adding all the Smash fighters from the games? (Including Pichu, Doc, Mewtwo, Young Link [with Toon Link...?] and Roy, for examples.)

Sounds very promising regardless. :)

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
A hardcore Mewtwo supporter, moreorless... Trust me, I say "Mewtwo" in just about every post in this forum these days... :laugh:

Anywho, 47-odd characters, eh? Cool beans; are you planning on adding all the Smash fighters from the games? (Including Pichu, Doc, Mewtwo, Young Link [with Toon Link...?] and Roy, for examples.)

Sounds very promising regardless. :)
No.

It'd just get boring to make, and uninspiring to play, having the entire Brawl roster in there.

The epicly unique fighters, and certain fan-favourites/practical characters will return.

Many with changed movesets. But they aren't what this game is about, because you'd
just end up playing a version of your main who's a little stripped down.

Imo, all the fun is in the newcomers, which is why a lot of the unlockables in this game
will be amazing surprises.

Steelia

Smash Champion
No.

It'd just get boring to make, and uninspiring to play, having the entire Brawl roster in there.

The epicly unique fighters, and certain fan-favourites/practical characters will return.

Many with changed movesets. But they aren't what this game is about, because you'd
just end up playing a version of your main who's a little stripped down.

Imo, all the fun is in the newcomers, which is why a lot of the unlockables in this game
will be amazing surprises.
Nice.

Hmm... With these Newcomers... are they all going to be Nintendo- or [reasonable] 3rd-party-based? Such as Mega Man, Snake, (already have) Sonic, etc....?
Just curious, as there have been a lot of crossovers that... well, it's starting to become rather unoriginal. Having the Nintendo characters duking it out with Nintendo characters is where it's at, and why Smash was created. At least, that's what I believe. (And some agreeable 3rd-parties aren't that bad, either. :p )

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
i know right, i sucked up mario, got his hat but couldnt shoot fireballs

but great game anyway
Kirby is a character we will do once the roster is at least nearly complete.
There are lots of frame timings involved with kirby's B move, and any change after it
completely destroys the rest of them.

If anyone knows actionscript, I don't think there's a way to use a _currentframe check
with frame labels, so it's numbers all the way.

And seriously, WHAT'S glitchy about yoshi's B??

Top Bottom