• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Good games everyone.

George and Carl, good job winning teams. Carl, for what it's worth, your Y. Link and Pika impressed me.

Kirk, good job winning singles, and congrats on the number one spot on the PPR. You deserve it more than me anyway.

All you out-of-towners, it was great having you guys show up. Hopefully you had fun.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
****ing good last tournament everybody!

kirkq - **** dude you are just too good. you just have so much experience cuz im pretty sure you have been playing and going to tournaments longer than anyone else(except maybe the fro). i john about your playstyle but really its awesome. you abuse falcos moves and are extremely efficient and calculated. you have been playing very well recently and i cant see anyone else holding that number one spot. i still remember when i was in high school and you aim'd me about that tournament in south bend or whatever cuz u got my info from the GSC. and now we are at the same school...lol

carl - awesome teaming dude. we pretty much wrecked all the competition. you are really good in teams, and you can play alot of characters at a similar level. honestly the only reason we lost games was when i just did ******** **** and killed myself. good work man. our set in singles was good. well the first game was tight as ****. awesome fox ditto. you came back clutch to win. second game you just ***** me with peach. in hindsight kj64 was a horrible counterpick. good job playing so well. you havent been to a tournament in a while and still *****. good job on 2nd.

adam - lol we have such close *** sets every time man. thanks for the great set. you just came on too strong in the 3rd game and i couldnt stop you. its good to see you entering and doing so well. keep up the good work. well play alot over the summer.

mattson - lol. weird to see you in 4th. you are so good and played so well today. your dash dancing is too good!!! im glad i didnt have to play you. you can play so many characters at a high level and all i can compete with is fox :(:(. i know ill see you alot over the summer.

anthony - Everybody give this guy a hand! great run of tournaments this year. let me just say thank you cuz i love going and competing in ssbos, and you are a great TO. and your kind of good at this game. thanks for the practice at your place on friday.

Alan - TO for last semester. mishu!! i hope we can hang out soon i have so many good memories with you! :(

voorheese - glad you and your children could grace us with your prescence! i wish you would have enterd singles. your fox is straight up scary and i know we would have close games. you have alot of potential for smash ur so young lol. hopefully we can get you to a big tournament soon and you can win.

fro - not gonna lie its kinda weak that your a TO here and didnt even show up today to at least say hey and stuff, or maybe even help run the tournament. it was the last one of the school year. oh well

brain - we had very close games as always. you rule. nuff said.

dj - good games today. i think i took gayness to a whole new level in that first game and i kind of feel bad, but i play to win because i think its best for both of us, to get better as players. i know you are serious about the game and i want you to improve as much as possible. so yeah. your the bomb. i play with you more than anyone else and we have both gotten alot better, so i owe you for that one. i always bug you to play and you always oblige so thanks alot dude.

craig!! - good to see ya buddy! u better be here over the summer!! your pika *****!Q!!! lol. god you downsmashed me so much in teams i was so ****ing pissed hahahahahha. everytime i see a peach downsmash someone for 50 billion percent i see you yelling "THE GREAT EQUALIZER". crrg!!

jayford - good friendlies dude. your link is pretty beast. you play so many characters i dont know whats even going on. stop missing ssbos for brawl tournaments u nub. you know melee is where its at.

cnn - you are pretty cool thanks for driving me around and whatnot. we didnt play tho:(

skylar - thanks for the ride!! keep up the yoshi training and do work son.

andre - you are god of moonwalks. that is all.

muncie ppl - awesome of you guys to come down! good games in smash and ping pong lol. we do stuff over the summer so hopefully see you guys again soon.

so yeahh awesome year of SSBOs everybody!! Good **** to Anthony for running it like a train. see you all next year!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
George and Carl, good job winning teams. Carl, for what it's worth, your Y. Link and Pika impressed me.
Lol, Pikachu is my worst and least favorite character in this game. Friday and Saturday = first time I used him in 2010. Me winning that moneymatch vs Kirk's marth = Kirk only being good with 1.5 characters and the fact that Pikachu is underrated.
I wish I used Y.Link more this tourney, but I was too scared of the Foxes :/

YLink vs Kirk's Falco should have been recorded.

PS, I will never stop bagging on Kirk until I find out how to fight his ******** 2005 Falco. Actually, after playing his other characters... they're all in the oldschool mindset. It's just that it works best with Falco haha. I recommend everyone to play his Fox.

I don't think you're gonna be me next semester though, I got a secret plan :)

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Lol, Pikachu is my worst and least favorite character in this game. Friday and Saturday = first time I used him in 2010. Me winning that moneymatch vs Kirk's marth = Kirk only being good with 1.5 characters and the fact that Pikachu is underrated. My Pikachu is that good, all Kirk had to do was grab and do retreating aerials. Good thing he only Fsmash and Fair spammed xD
I wish I used Y.Link more this tourney, but I was too scared of the Foxes :/

YLink vs Kirk's Falco should have been recorded.

PS, I will never stop bagging on Kirk until I find out how to fight his ******** 2005 Falco. Actually, after playing his other characters... they're all in the oldschool mindset. It's just that it works best with Falco haha. I recommend everyone to play his Fox.

well, eventhough some people may feel unpleasant, i will refer to brawl.

Remember how badly rated Diddy Kong was?
well, now is one of the top/high tier character.

because his potentials were found,diddy is now rated better.
pretty much the same thing

although melee was out there for 9~10 years, people still play, and they still find new things.
characters' potentials are STILL NOT YET FULLY DISCOVERED.

people just don't even know how that character works at its maximum potential and make excuses or bad comments about it.

I find that...
link is definitely good against marth.
link & Y Link are good against samus.
Pikachu & Pichu are good enough to fight Falco
Pikachu has potential to fight all the top tiers. Maybe not marth due to range issue.
but for fox, falco, sheik, falcon, peach , etc. Yes i do think so.
Ness on fast fallers.
Zelda is good against falcon for sure, falco maybe, sheik maybe.
Mr. G&W has so much potential for killing, but his shield just sucks *ss that you can't pull out much. but Definitely, G&W is good enough to deal with high~top tiers.

DK is proven that he is good. (he is not in low tier anymore, right?)

I don't really play DK, Yoshi, Kirby, Mewtwo and Roy,
so I canno't really make comment about them >_>

but yeah. don't underestimate low tiers. they will stab your back some day.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I beg to differ and say....
Pichu can't fight Falco, doesn't have the range (Uair and Dtilt), gimps, combos, survivability, etc. that Pika does.

Zelda gets ***** by Falcon lol... And space animal Bairs > Ness.

YLink, Link, Pika and DK are underrated though.

kirkq

Smash Ace
Carl - Your tech is amazing, but your mental game has too many assumptions that don't work when I just throw out random moves. If you recall, the one tournament you beat me in a while ago was because your fox was playing extremely patiently and spacing well. Also, my mindset isn't really that old school, I just throw in strange situations that cause people to mess up. We had a couple good games in the tourney, but you really just need to figure out 1 character and 1 playstyle that can go even with me.

Goose - You lost confidence at the end of the day and started playing like crap. Get over that. Joonz?

You can't win a close match by going through motions.

im pretty sure you have been playing and going to tournaments longer than anyone else(except maybe the fro).
I went to one tournament before Anthony started playing. (FoB3 at Joshu's in late 2004)

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
The evil villain Kirkq was planning to supplement his ungodly smash skills ...
... by turning himself into Carl! No longer would low-tier matches plague him!

Fortunately, our hero Carl has a secret plan to stop Kirk's diabolical scheme!
Will he succeed!? Or will there be a new (evil) black smasher at Purdue!?
Find out next season on: Super Smash Battle Opera~!

_kSo_

Smash Master
Alan - TO for last semester. mishu!! i hope we can hang out soon i have so many good memories with you! :(
dayumm I was surprised to see my name in the shoutouts ^_^

I miss you too george! and the rest of the dew crew, for that matter :(

melee here has been kinda slow, even though I've been playing with the east coast's finest :-D...I've only been able to go to one tournament so far...:(

also, I was playing league of legends last night, and there was a guy on the other team named "Anubis420" and he was playing Kayle, a champion which i could totally see Jayford playing, but I wasn't sure if it was him, and I didn't want to look like a fool by asking him, so i just said "I REST FOR MILEY" to see his reponse.

I got no response, so it probably wasn't him....or WAS it?? 0__O

Jayford

Smash Lord
dayumm I was surprised to see my name in the shoutouts ^_^

I miss you too george! and the rest of the dew crew, for that matter :(

melee here has been kinda slow, even though I've been playing with the east coast's finest :-D...I've only been able to go to one tournament so far...:(

also, I was playing league of legends last night, and there was a guy on the other team named "Anubis420" and he was playing Kayle, a champion which i could totally see Jayford playing, but I wasn't sure if it was him, and I didn't want to look like a fool by asking him, so i just said "I REST FOR MILEY" to see his reponse.

I got no response, so it probably wasn't him....or WAS it?? 0__O
Nah that wasn't me. I've never played league of legends. Only HoN.

voorhese

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtGnyDeK4_M there, now EVERYONE can see it

edit: lol that video....i like the part where all the horses trip again, but over nothing, and then all the jeeps look like they are jumping over cars

edit: spoiler.... a bunch of cars explode over nothing aswell, must have been the same thing the horses got sick with

well, i will say that other than perhaps fox dittos, in a marth ditto, anything goes

its pretty dumb actually
well i guess everything goes in marth dittos, except for fox dittos...none of that **** =P

DracoFox

Smash Ace
GGs everyone. I'll start uploading matches to Youtube on Wednesday. They are on DC++ right now. I have to give a presentation about my programing semester project on Tuesday so I have to get that done lol.
As I said before. Take your time, there is no real rush, unless people are going to act like they were at the previous Jab tournaments.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
There's a few, I'll look em up later when I have the time. All I can name from the top of my head is Mr. Robinson (something like that) and some black guy who uses Luigi (George should know who he is).

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Yeah thats jekyll but he might have graduated?? peef knows him. theres also some hearts guy i cant remember his full tag. from what jekyll told me there is no melee scene there.

get ***** IU

PEEF!

Smash Hero
2 of Hearts, Jekyll, and now ice- and myself are the only players I know of. Jekyll is graduated but still lives there I think.

Looks like I'll have to build another crew from the ground up.

All of you guys are coming to POE right?

Microwave $5MM my any character vs ur Falcon.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
This is the message my grandparents sent me on my birthday...apparently the name is catchin on...

"Dear Brayn I hope you find yourself in Good Health: and we wish you a Very Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
lots of kisses Love You Grandpa and Grandma Koleff"

also gg's to everyone on saturday it was a great way to end the semester...though full attendance from everyone wouldve been pretty sweet

Top Bottom