• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Thanks for introducing me to ssf4, it was a lot of fun. Too bad I don't have a ps3. I can't buy one telling myself it's a blue ray player because my pc has one. And I don't have the $300 for one anyway. But yes, that was fun, we'll have to do that again sometime.

EDIT: Checked out TvC:UAS a bit, it looks pretty good. I might pick it up if some yof you other guys play it. (I'd want to play it with other people)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I also proved bottom tier viability in AH xD
You also proved bottom tier viability in SSBM, although not by the way you intended, I'm sure. After watching your tourney match with Sheik against that dude's Yoshi on PS, I've come to realize that Yoshi ***** Sheik.

Actually, scratch all that. This is YOU we are talking about, so I guess Yoshi's win doesn't really say too much. Yeah, my low opinion on Yoshi (and the rest of the bottom tier) still stands.

I kid, Andrew. :p

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
You also proved bottom tier viability in SSBM, although not by the way you intended, I'm sure. After watching your tourney match with Sheik against that dude's Yoshi on PS, I've come to realize that Yoshi ***** Sheik.

Actually, scratch all that. This is YOU we are talking about, so I guess Yoshi's win doesn't really say too much. Yeah, my low opinion on Yoshi (and the rest of the bottom tier) still stands.

Yea its fine to be a **** if you say I kid afterwards.

I kid, Matt.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Yea its fine to be a **** if you say I kid afterwards.

I kid, Matt.
I always felt that the ":p" usually took care of that. The other part is just for added effect.

Also, I forgot to mention, Skylar, thanks for the offer of letting me stay. If I come down before Anthony, I'll be sure to take you up on that. Heck, we both may stay there anyway because we're lazy, lol.

And yeah, we can't let all our hard work on our name go to waste!

BunBun

Smash Master

Come to POE3

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
*Insert rant about gamestop being overpriced and me missing fedex while I was out looking for the game at a reasonable price... which I didn't find.*

And I might actually be able to come sunday.

might as well add a comment about there being nothing to eat at my house except tortilla chips, frozen fruit, canned vegetables and canned chicken.

Sooo... I'm bored out of my mind, is anybody up for anything? (smash, other games, whatever)call/text me, you could try posting here, but I might not see it.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So I ended up buying TvC, I paid more than I wanted to ($40) but I'm pleased with my purchase. It kind of reminds me of smash in that you can suck and have fun, or you can be good and have fun. I think I'll button mash my way through unlocking the characters and then figure out how to play the game right. Jay/Andrew, I take it you guys own the game, we should play online sometime.

Hanging out with the dew crew was as great as always, I just wished the voorhese and I could have pulled off that wombo combo on skylar's yoshi. Dang weak knee. I won't make it for dubs tomorrow, but I might come for singles, I think I'm supposed to study or something for my STAR day on monday, so if it turns out I do, I'll be studying instead of smashing.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Hope you guys had a good tourney while I was at home taking the "Algebra Readiness Test." ... I really wish they'd just throw me in a class based of my SAT/ACT scores, that way I wouldn't have to mess with this stuff. They wanted me to do some ALEKs thing, but since it's already past 9:30, and I got the impression the things would take several hours, that's not getting done. I was kind of dubious about whether I was supposed to take it or not in the first place. Worst case scenario they tell me I haven't taken the right tests and tell me to go home and I'll do the placement exams on some other star day.

But I'm feeling mostly better (I felt sick earlier today), so hopefully I'll sleep of the rest of it.

have a good one.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Corey: I only have a burnt copy of the Japanese version right now. It's alot different then the American version. It's faster and the attacks do more damage, but the US version is alot more balanced. I'm gonna get the US version pretty soon. So we'll have to play online.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
S3BO results:

Teams:

1. Lance + Voorheese
2. Goose + Skylar
3. Microwave + Brain!
4. Fro + Josh

Singles:

1. Goose
2. Kirkq
3. Microwave
4. Fro
5. Lance
5 .Cnn
7. Brain
7. Voorheese
9. Skylar
9. Josh

ggs everyone, especially to Matt and Kirk for the close sets XD

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
Great matches at the tournament, everyone! The turnout was a nice surprise, as was the sudden jump of a certain CNN to 7th! Speaking of that, the PPR has been updated according to the sequence of results from the challenge matches played yesterday.

-'Fro

Skylar I fixed your name. All inactive(for the summer) people are now gray on the rankings.

-GeOrGe??

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Corey: I only have a burnt copy of the Japanese version right now. It's alot different then the American version. It's faster and the attacks do more damage, but the US version is alot more balanced. I'm gonna get the US version pretty soon. So we'll have to play online.
Sounds good, hopefully by then I'll have full character unlock and be able to delve into the more advanced aspects of the game. (aka more than normal/HC spam against nonblocking cpus) Or, depending on when "soon" is, we could just play in person.

TvC is fun as fudge corey just don't play fro's alex and hurricane polimar. And MvC2 for the PS2 is like 60 bucks used so yeah **** that game in the @$$.
Warning noted. Just how good is the purdue crew at this game? Do we bust of 30k Billion damage baroque combos like pros?

I have no idea how he makes those sounds with his throat/mouth/whatever.

So apparently 15/19 on the ART is good? I was upset because it wasn't even a a "B", but I got to my counselor and she thought I was good at math or something. Idk where she gets these ideas, too long working with liberal arts students I guess, makes her think that getting a 78% on high school level math is good or something. :D W/e I only have to take one math course, a couple more if I want to take calculus to impress the grad schools I want to apply to. How hard is that calculus stuff? To give you an idea of my math skill, the three times I took the SAT I got a 630, 660, and 670 on the math.
(I think)
Not great, but I think it's passable for my field.

I'm signed up for 16 credit hours, going to be doing a little work on the side and really want to start off with a 4.0, I hope all goes well, tips appreciated. I have a fair amount of purposely put in blocks that are too short go home but too long to sit around, I hope to use them to force me to study in between classes so my evenings and weekends are more open. Imma take a practice test, and I might just see if I can test out of math, but if I have to study and such I won't bother, because if I go into calculus I'll need the math practice anyway.

Classes I'm taking:
Psy120 Honors (If I get a 4/5 on my AP test
(I'm pretty sure I will)
I'll be taking some other psych class instead

Math 153 ... yeah

Com 114 Honors Required for dammon dean scholar's program, otherwise I'd test out.

Theater 133 I was told this was a GPA boost that was a lot of fun.

G(somethin somthin) 490 Also required for that Dean's thing

Span 201 yep.

Comments?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
LOL spanish 201 I just took that and got a C in it. Its not hard at all Im just super lazy XD

Heres my schedule for next semester while we are on the topic:

COM 214 - Science Writing and Presentation - sounds lame but im in the same section as my roommate so should be fun

CS 290 - Systems Programming - brand new CS course with a ****** prof so im pumped

CS 391 - Junior Resource Seminar - 1 credit class where they just tell about internships and stuff, and you get free pizza twice a week for the first 6 weeks of school

EAS 112 - Earth Through Time - other half of my lab science, will be super easy

STAT 350 - Intro to Statistics - I heard its pretty easy

Where are you living your first year Korey?

kirkq

Smash Ace
Faithkeeper, Skylar, I'd like to leave for POE3 Friday evening (preferably earlier than later) and return Saturday evening. It is a 4 hour drive one way. Does this work with both of you? I really don't want to drive it all in one day. I'll die. What time are you each available to leave by?

Regarding TVs, Purdue has a **** ton of tvs and cubes, and everyone will have a better time if we bring whatever we can, so we should plan on loading my car up with like at least 3 setups or something.

Goose you can still come if you want.

goooooooooooooooose is this the first time kirk has lost one of these?
I lost to NJz at least once.

BunBun

Smash Master
Faithkeeper, Skylar, I'd like to leave for POE3 Friday evening (preferably earlier than later) and return Saturday evening. It is a 4 hour drive one way. Does this work with both of you? I really don't want to drive it all in one day. I'll die. What time are you each available to leave by?

Regarding TVs, Purdue has a **** ton of tvs and cubes, and everyone will have a better time if we bring whatever we can, so we should plan on loading my car up with like at least 3 setups or something.

Goose you can still come if you want.
Everything about this is awesome. Please bring as many setups as possible.

Skylar, sadface that you won't be around saturday night =(

Goose, you should come.

Corey: Make sure your COM114 teacher likes you. Mine didn't like me, and decided to give me 0/10% participation points because she could.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
TvC is fun as fudge corey just don't play fro's alex and hurricane polimar. And MvC2 for the PS2 is like 60 bucks used so yeah **** that game in the @$$.
I just saw a copy last week at Game X Change for $39.99

They also give decent in-store credit for trade-ins. So you can probably get it for no more than five bucks out of your pocket.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
... Where would we be sleeping then? If there's still that spot for the purdue guy open than I'm cool with this, but I told the rest of the crew I didn't need it because I thought we were doing it all in one day. Is that one housing spot still open? I'd be willing to take the wheel for a while provided someone tells me where I'm going and you'd let other people drive. Skylar also has a licence, and you could probably guilt him into taking a shift as well. Friday... heck, I could leave any time. Or early sat if we do that.

George I'm living in the top floor of my house. It's like an attic without all the junk and random cobwebs. It'll kind of be like my own place (no one else will come up there...) but I can dodge the housing fees until I save up enough moneys to get my own place. I can also use my parent's washing machine and raid their fridge if necessary.

I was thinking... matt.... where in the world did you come up with goosefactor? How does this word even come to one's mind? This came to mind the other day when I was bowling and trying to think of names (mooseblaster, brewsmaster, nooseplaster, bluestractor, etc) and I just got really confused about how you would come up that to begin with. I mean were you sitting around trying to think of a gamertag others would fear and respect... I mean seriously, no offense, but how many people do you know who are like: "You know what a real BA animal is? It's a goose. Those mother****ers will peck your ***." I mean, maybe you do, but I've never met any. And what about the factor part? The goose factor? Is there some sway geese fit in as an important factor to anything? I mean, there's probably a large goose factor in poop all over the sidewalk by a pond, but that's not quite like an international crisis or anything. I don't get it.

<3 you goose!

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
yep. I just accept the fact that he's a goose. And corey it depends on which calc u take (i think there's one for engineers and another for non engineers). And since we are (were) on the topics of classes, Thursdays are going to be my ***** days: Senior Design, Senior Lab, Reactor Physics. Day starts at 930 and ends at 545. And what's more is that andrew could have been suffering with me =[

kirkq

Smash Ace
... Where would we be sleeping then? If there's still that spot for the purdue guy open than I'm cool with this, but I told the rest of the crew I didn't need it because I thought we were doing it all in one day. Is that one housing spot still open?
It seems that both Quaz and George ditched out on housing, so we should be fine to absorb their places. I'd like to leave around 3 or 4, but I'll get back to you on the exact time later.

Top Bottom