• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Mr H

Smash Ace
double post for awesomeness

il be in around 6 or 7ish i think . il be at adams maybe we can all meet up there? (its ok with adam)

What time will the Goose and Fox migrate lafayette?

ckit i plan to take you up on that IOU from my graduation lol

alsoooooo ive had a captre card since like 1992 so im going to bring it down with my laptop somehow im going to manage to get windows 7 to stop being an *** and let me record

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
yay craig is coming down! I have no johns except for a group project. However these fabulous *******s that pack the master server are all leaving for the weekend which means they want to do it tonight. -_-' in other words i can plays ^_^

And wtf andrew I'm whiter than you o.O

'Fro

Smash Lord
So playing barwl and ssf4 really helped my mental game. When I get back down to Purdue it's gonna be like when Goku came back from King Kai's planet.
Something about reading SSF IV and Brawl together hurts my insides.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Something about reading SSF IV and Brawl together hurts my insides.
lmao

No matter how much you guys hate Brawl, you can't deny playing certain characters helps your mental game. I main Fox in Brawl and he doesn't have any real approach options so you have read your oppenents to score early kills and damage. But, I think SSF4 is the bulk of where my mental game improved from looool.

'Fro

Smash Lord
lmao

No matter how much you guys hate Brawl, you can't deny playing certain characters helps your mental game. I main Fox in Brawl and he doesn't have any real approach options so you have read your oppenents to score early kills and damage. But, I think SSF4 is the bulk of where my mental game improved from looool.
I would hope so, Jay. Also, learn jab spam > headbutt > ultra 1 for Balrog. Ultimate destruction.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I would hope so, Jay. Also, learn jab spam > headbutt > ultra 1 for Balrog. Ultimate destruction.
I ended up quiting Balrog lol. I couldn't get a grip on charge characters >.<. I mostly just play Akuma and Dhalsim now. My Akuma is pretty decent now tho. I can actually combo lol. And my Dhalsim is just gay. I played some T-Hawk at a SSF4 side tourney and I almost perfected him with Dhalsim lmao. Fierce Roundhouse is too good.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I ended up quiting Balrog lol. I couldn't get a grip on charge characters >.<. I mostly just play Akuma and Dhalsim now. My Akuma is pretty decent now tho. I can actually combo lol. And my Dhalsim is just gay. I played some T-Hawk at a SSF4 side tourney and I almost perfected him with Dhalsim lmao. Fierce Roundhouse is too good.
"Fierce Roundhouse"? As in comboing fierce punch to roundhouse kick? Or do you just mean the roundhouse?

Anyways, for your characters, watch Momochi or Ed Ma for Akuma, and watch Arturo for Dhalsim. Emphasis on Arturo here. The man beat frickin' Daigo.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Well, I actually know where Adam's place is now, so I'd be game for it.
Plus I know Matt and Anthony are probably gonna be too lazy to move now that they're settled in.

Also ... RedvsBlue got moCap. HELL YES.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
my ice comblets are gonna be bringin the pain next time im down there (not really tho)
Here is a prime example of someone that was in awe with a character that was played at a previous tournament. Then it becomes a "need to play character." This is a sign of something having a role model. Children these days.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
voorhese is so much fun to play with

we need to be technical together some time

voorhese

Smash Master
voorhese is so much fun to play with

we need to be technical together some time
yeah, i wasnt on my best when we played tho.
especially the moonwalks (with my grip spinning instead of me rotating the stick and all) >_<

Here is a prime example of someone that was in awe with a character that was played at a previous tournament. Then it becomes a "need to play character." This is a sign of something having a role model. Children these days.
false, i tried to figure out the grab->nanafsmash (sending then behind you), and once i figured it out i messed with other grab stuff for fun, like handoffs

i wasnt like "OMG WOBBLES MAKES ME HOT AND BOTHERED I HAVE TO MAIN THE CLIMBERS NOW <3 WOBBLES UR MY HERO"

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Do we know when the next tourney is? I can pick up some more hours at work, but I wont pick up extra if it's during a tourney, what's the next date?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Vorheeze has a really good Fox.

Like, 100x better than when I played it 8 months ago.

But his ICs....he should just perfect that Fox lol

Top Bottom