• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Also ... I take back what I said about easy.
Too many of the pictures I'm finding are fan-service. -_-

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Also ... I take back what I said about easy.
Too many of the pictures I'm finding are fan-service. -_-
Rofl, what can we say, Fro? Your Saumus is a ****.

*EDIT*

Wow, did I really just double post?

A few more of these and I'll feel like the Voorheese....

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
<- Is sad he missed out on the start of Castle Crashers.

Also, I just realized how unrelated to anything recent that was.
Dang you and your quoting, MATT!

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
like i said it could or didnt have to be samus could be shiek or marth or anything sexy or the picture i have of kirkq with deeznutzs on his chin, he hasn't seen it yet though
only thing off limits is zero suit samus cuz she's a hoe

goosefactor

Smash Lord
<- Is sad he missed out on the start of Castle Crashers.

Also, I just realized how unrelated to anything recent that was.
Dang you and your quoting, MATT!
LOL, I know dude! I've been trolling these boards like mad today for some reason. I feel like George and the Voorheese, rofl.

like i said it could or didnt have to be samus could be shiek or marth or anything sexy or the picture i have of kirkq with deeznutzs on his chin, he hasn't seen it yet though
Rofl, OOOOMMMMMGGGGGGG

That happened on the way back from Evansville when you two sleeping in your cars (well, at least Kirk was sleeping) during the stop at Steak and Shake, right? I guess that makes more sense why you had your shirt off when we came back.

hes talking about DJ's samus ya nub
Uh, I was aware of that....:dizzy:

Jay I wanna co-op it. I was too tired when they started playing, and now it looks like I'm missing out. :(

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
LOL, I know dude! I've been trolling these boards like mad today for some reason. I feel like George and the Voorheese, rofl.
LOL i love trolling smashboards, all i do is make fun of people

Rofl, OOOOMMMMMGGGGGGG

That happened on the way back from Evansville when you two sleeping in your cars (well, at least Kirk was sleeping) during the stop at Steak and Shake, right? I guess that makes more sense why you had your shirt off when we came back. (
LOL sucks i missed this hot action

Why are half the users on this site obsessed with 10 year old anime girls? Honestly it scares me. Josh I am disappoint.

also

HARRY

HARRY

WHERE DO YOU GO WHEN THE LIGHTS GO DOWN?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
someone should co-op castle crashers with me :D. I only have 1 controller tho lmao. So unless you have your own you'll be stuck with an arcade stick loool.
You can play with me on Xbox Live.

Skylar, call me when you're open to hang out. Also, we can play Co-op as well when you're over if interested.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to buy a ps3 or 360.... Fanboys, win me over!

I'm interested in FPS and RPGs, and I'll probably get ssf4 as well. I do intend to play online a fair bit, so lag/hackers are a big frowny face. I am on a budget, but pappys is getting me some much-needed cash, so that should be good.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to buy a ps3 or 360.... Fanboys, win me over!

I'm interested in FPS and RPGs, and I'll probably get ssf4 as well. I do intend to play online a fair bit, so lag/hackers are a big frowny face. I am on a budget, but pappys is getting me some much-needed cash, so that should be good.

PS3

I own a 360 and wish I had a PS3 lmao.

1.) Free online.
2.) More exclusives.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
yeah I say go for a PS3. And as Skylar said if u want to play shooters, it'll probably come out on PC. On that note can anyone lend me fable? (too cheap to go buy it) And you know you love to hate me andrew, or is it hate to love me. I forget

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
And you know you love to hate me andrew, or is it hate to love me. I forget
It's the former.

Oh and thanks guys. I was leaning towards the ps3 to begin with, but I went to game exchange to compare prices and like everyone there said 360 was better. Although I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the ps3 for the free online and the exclusives. I want to play some demons souls. And God of War 1-3 ... and that one game... uncharted? not sure. Anyway all 360 has from what I understand is Gears of war and halo... neither of which I was planning to buy. I'd get fps for the cpu but I can't use my laptop for gaming and the best comp I can get access to is in the basement, and I'd rather play from the comfort of my top-floor apartment.

Now all I'll really need is a TV. What resolution should I aim for? After buying the ps3 and some games I'll be mad broke, so price is definitely under consideration. Oh and skylar, mind if I borrow ssf4 when I get the ps3 so I can be sure I want to buy it? I'm going to go ahead and buy demons souls because it looked so good. (and Bad company 2, it's more of a strategy/team based fps over a "twitch" fps. From my admittedly limited experience with fps games, BBC2 seems more like my style than MW2) But yes, thanks for the input, you can always count on the dew crew.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Big, BIG news for anyone interested in what's going on at Evo in SSFIV. JUSTIN WONG HAS BEEN ELIMINATED BEFORE MAKING THE TOP 8 BY A TAIWANESE ADON PLAYER KNOWN AS GAMERBEE.

Floe, the Midwest's finest, eliminated Japan's legendary Tokido before getting eliminated himself in rather disappointing fashion. The tourney concludes today, with Daigo looking like the clear favourite now.

Also, in a bit of random fun from Capcom, they set up a special prize. Ken has been given a new alternate outfit that is a cowboy costume. The top-placing Ken player using that outfit receives a real-life replica of Ken's hat! That hat has already been won by America's best Ken, Dr. Chaos.

Felt like sharing, since I know some people here are at least familiar with Justin Wong.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Big, BIG news for anyone interested in what's going on at Evo in SSFIV. JUSTIN WONG HAS BEEN ELIMINATED BEFORE MAKING THE TOP 8 BY A TAIWANESE ADON PLAYER KNOWN AS GAMERBEE.

Floe, the Midwest's finest, eliminated Japan's legendary Tokido before getting eliminated himself in rather disappointing fashion. The tourney concludes today, with Daigo looking like the clear favourite now.

Also, in a bit of random fun from Capcom, they set up a special prize. Ken has been given a new alternate outfit that is a cowboy costume. The top-placing Ken player using that outfit receives a real-life replica of Ken's hat! That hat has already been won by America's best Ken, Dr. Chaos.

Felt like sharing, since I know some people here are at least familiar with Justin Wong.
Gamer Bee is to good lmao. Low tiers ftw :p. Also Vangeif rocked Justin to lmao. Floe choked pretty hard in the set he got eliminated in =/. Also Dr.Chaos is my hero :D. I've been learning Ken the last few days.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
I saw the Tokido vs Rico Sauve match. Freaking raging demon his roll. And I'm sure Skylar will love the news about an adon beating america's best. I think what made me happy was that a lot of rufus's kept getting knocked out.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
It's the former.

Oh and thanks guys. I was leaning towards the ps3 to begin with, but I went to game exchange to compare prices and like everyone there said 360 was better. Although I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the ps3 for the free online and the exclusives. I want to play some demons souls. And God of War 1-3 ... and that one game... uncharted? not sure. Anyway all 360 has from what I understand is Gears of war and halo... neither of which I was planning to buy. I'd get fps for the cpu but I can't use my laptop for gaming and the best comp I can get access to is in the basement, and I'd rather play from the comfort of my top-floor apartment.

Now all I'll really need is a TV. What resolution should I aim for? After buying the ps3 and some games I'll be mad broke, so price is definitely under consideration. Oh and skylar, mind if I borrow ssf4 when I get the ps3 so I can be sure I want to buy it? I'm going to go ahead and buy demons souls because it looked so good. (and Bad company 2, it's more of a strategy/team based fps over a "twitch" fps. From my admittedly limited experience with fps games, BBC2 seems more like my style than MW2) But yes, thanks for the input, you can always count on the dew crew.
My two cents if you don't mind, also cause I own both systems.

Reasons to get a PS3:

1: Better system for fighters(standard PS controller, unless if you are one of the people that agrees that Dream Cast was better with fighters at the time. basically stating this because of the d-pad placement that some system fighter plays might be used to, and also personal preference except for SF games.)
2: Best system for RPGs.
3: Free online, same access to demo's and game content,
4: can ALMOST play all video formats from a DVD or Media connect,
5: can use your PSP with the PS3(i don't know how this is done, but Crrrg and explain more on this)
6: Demon's SOOOOULS!!!
7: Internet browser.
8: Keyboard interface is so much better.
9: Beautiful dashboard interface and well easy to navigate through it.
10: D-pad has no flaws.

Cons about owning a PS3:

1: Media connect server will tend to kill your connection overall with your internet at times.(only stating this cause quite a few people have had this issue as well as me)
2: You'll want a HDTV to get the best out of this high performance system. Trust me on this cause seeing the wording bunched up in small format at times is extremely annoying and it's rather hard to read numbers as well.
3: PS3 systems created at a certain point no longer play PSX/2 games.
4: Demon's Souls doesn't allow private chat with a mic/headset.
5: The chance for the system to freak out is about the same as a 360 getting a RRod.
6: Seriously, no ****ing need for Blue Ray technology.
7: Wireless connection is never the best option for anything, except for laptop computers.
8: PS guide menu while playing a game takes too **** long to load. (i thought PS3 was top of the line in the systems, why is it taking too **** long to load ****?)

Reasons to get a Xbox3smexy. (⌐-⌐ )

1: Best "console" for FPS(PC still is number 1 by far, but mainly for the reason that the 360 controller's joystick is well placed properly compared to the PS3's joystick, besides PC allows you have 100% control of where you want to shoot. But as stated, we're talking about video game consoles, not towers.)
2: Xbox live money goes towards making the servers better and keeping other games up to date with patches due to ******** glitches people might of found and/or the game is just broken some how.
3: Huge selection of down loadable games. (example: UMK3, TMNT arcade games, Castle Crashers)
4: Xbox live chat "while playing" any game and can private chat if you don't want to hear people talking smack while waiting in a lobby.
5: The system can play a decent amount of orginal Xbox games. Please check www.xbox.com for a list of games that can be played.(mainly stating this one cause you'd have to spend like $1,000 just to get a PS3 that will play PSX/2 games since the newer ones don't)
6: Media server connection is rather good, as long as you're set with updated items on the 360 and your PC.
7: You do not need a HDTV to see things properly.
8: You can hook up your 360 to a computer monitor buying the accessory, or having an HDMI cable port. (the computer accessory cable is actually a nice idea, computer monitors can deal with lot of high graphic resolution. basically making it almost like a HDTV)
9: Every week there is half priced down load content for certain games. (does Playstation Network do these promotions?)
10: All 360 games allow private chat while in the middle of a game.

Cons about owning a Xbox3smexy:

1: No Internet browser.
2: Depending on what you plan to do with your system, you may want a bigger hard drive.
3: Cannot play a lot of video formats. (example: AVI and OGM)
4: Annoying flashing xbox circle. Basically, I'm tired of seeing the **** controller where the xbox guide button is, flash repeatedly when the batteries are at 3 bars. It doesn't make sense, and it's distracting.
5: RRoD! (Read ring of death) The following includes E-73 and E-74 errors. (just pray you do not get a E-73 error)
6: And by far I don't know how this is possible for this system to do this, but this system is the only system that the lens can destroy your game discs. There is a positive side to this which can be bad or good. www.xbox.com has a Xbox Game Disc replacement program for stuff like this. Basically you pay like about $10-$20 just to get it replaced. Check the site for details and game listings on which games this program covers for.(mainly Bungie and Microsoft games)
7: Playing original Xbox games DOES NOT allow private Xbox live chat.
8: Never use the 360's d-pad on the controller. It doesn't make sense why my character jumps instead of ducks in UMK3 when I'm holding down or moving to the right/left.

I could continue to go in rather much higher detail in this, but this is mainly all the things that should be pointed out for these systems. Regardless of what you get, you're still getting something. So enjoy it and don't have any regrets.

Mr H

Smash Ace
xbox is only good if ur going to get xbox live
if u get xbox live, xbox is then amazing

Top Bottom