• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

'Fro

Smash Lord
Does no one else play Abel? :O
Abel is currently one of the most popular characters in SSF IV. His dash speed makes his tornado throw game a pain to play against, and his rolls are great for fireballs.

Jay, Ken and Sim? Very spacing-heavy characters..... I'm surprised, but pleasantly so. I might have to counter your Sim with something, because Ryu hates that match-up.

Dart, I promise you a SSF IV set up at the venue.

EDIT: I am also now teaming with Mr. H, aka CrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRg.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Teach me to Ken. Please
Somehow I missed responding to this. Jay got it right. Kara throw mix-ups are one of Ken's biggest assets, as is his lightning-fast crouching medium kick. If you want to watch a good Ken, look up Dr. Chaos.

ORLY, for Abel, look up Juice Box. He may be a weird person, but he's probably the best American Abel out there.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
smashfest at zeta psi 3pm til 9pm today please call me or text at 7654323648 i wont have boards access

ORLY

Smash Master
ORLY, for Abel, look up Juice Box. He may be a weird person, but he's probably the best American Abel out there.
I wasn't looking for Abel advice; I was just surprised no one in this thread played him besides me. Thanks though!

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Haha ... you can't keep this thread on topic. It's best not to even try.
At least there hasn't been a facepalm war in a good while.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
*whistles*

Dee Jay is boring now. I'm going back to my original main, Cammy. Yayyyy all top tier matchups are 4-6...kinda almost like Captain Falcon =D! Just with butt floss and long hair! I'll probz play as Abel for SnG's too =P

And gl guys, beating Dart and Chris is going to be impossible. Don't get hit!

voorhese

Smash Master
is it kool if i stay with someone tommorow night for practice (i havent played in about a week cuz of grandma and other stuff). ill ask mom if its kool, and if she can give me a ride out. im either going marth/falco with my ctrl or trying to use fox on dustins =/

'Fro

Smash Lord
ten smackers first to five?
Heh, a mm for more than a buck in the Smash community? Haven't seen one of those in a while. Mind if I hijack this offer?

EDIT: @ Gooey Banana: I think you're selling Cammy a little short there, comparing her to Falcon. She's currently considered one of the best characters in the game. Her rush down game is sick. I play this Cammy around here, and once he gets his pressure going on me, I can almost never break out. **** cross-up dive kicks.....

Then again, the tier separation in SSF IV is not nearly as brutal as that of Melee.

DOUBLE EDIT: I realized you're probably referencing the tier list on Event Hubs, but I wouldn't take that for granted right now. It has a lot of suspect numbers for the match-ups, such as Rose vs. Guile. It is listed in Guile's advantage, but most Rose players will tell you the complete opposite.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
is it kool if i stay with someone tommorow night for practice (i havent played in about a week cuz of grandma and other stuff). ill ask mom if its kool, and if she can give me a ride out. im either going marth/falco with my ctrl or trying to use fox on dustins =/
You're welcome to crash at my place. I actually got Friday off. You can also try out steelia's ISO of melee with me.

voorhese

Smash Master
not so sure if u want me stayin now, 2 of my friends actually wanna go. so either i need a place all 3 of us can stay or ill just come sat.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Anthony and I will be getting in around 9:30ish tonight.

Also, so last night I got out of the shower and began to get dressed. As soon as I put my boxers on Guts randomly came strolling in so I started to pet him. And apparently I lost track of where I was in the whole getting dressed process because I began to put another set of boxers over the ones I already had on. I only noticed I was doing it wrong after the second pair was already passed my knees....

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Also, so last night I got out of the shower and began to get dressed. As soon as I put my boxers on Guts randomly came strolling in so I started to pet him. And apparently I lost track of where I was in the whole getting dressed process because I began to put another set of boxers over the ones I already had on. I only noticed I was doing it wrong after the second pair was already passed my knees....
I wouldn't expect any less from you, I'm proud.

Also, I'm working until 3:00, so no dubs for me, but if you guys could hold off on singles for me that'd be good, my fox needs competitive practice; he's just a little pup. ... But like DJ was sayin, "Wolf cubs learn to hunt young."

And since we all know:

fox=canine
wolf=canine
fox=wolf

It'll be soon.

Top Bottom